R&R HOF guitar performances: Prince Vs. Tom Morello

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Two great R&R HOF induction performances. Prince for George Harrison, Tom for Bruce Springsteen. Who gave a better guitar performance?

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
As a player myself I have to go with Prince hands down. Cant stand Morello and as a player I think he is quite average{and that is being nice}. Most of his game is flipping switches and effects pedals namely a digital delay and a tremolo pedal. He uses the aforementioned to mask very average playing. Just my 02.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm a fan of Rage Against the Machine, but Prince takes this one, no contest.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
As a player myself I have to go with Prince hands down. Cant stand Morello and as a player I think he is quite average{and that is being nice}. Most of his game is flipping switches and effects pedals namely a digital delay and a tremolo pedal. He uses the aforementioned to mask very average playing. Just my 02.

Wow, I'm a huge fan of Morello and I would have never saw this from you. Does he use pedals? Yeah, but dude. Groove is groove and tone is tone, but they are different. Some grooves need a specific tone. Even if they aren't natural. Then again, nor is over drive, compression, revert, distortion, delay, or even a wah. As a matter of fact. Even Marshall's are unnatural. So when guitarist say I play straight. They are lying sacks of you know what if they aren't 100% acoustic. (which has without question a distortion sound which is better than most electrics!)

Groove is groove. Let there be light and that light is groove, not bashing artificial tone. It's about the music!!!

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Wow, I'm a huge fan of Morello and I would have never saw this from you. Does he use pedals? Yeah, but dude. Groove is groove and tone is tone, but they are different. Some grooves need a specific tone. Even if they aren't natural. Then again, nor is over drive, compression, revert, distortion, delay, or even a wah. As a matter of fact. Even Marshall's are unnatural. So when guitarist say I play straight. They are lying sacks of you know what if they aren't 100% acoustic. (which has without question a distortion sound which is better than most electrics!)

Groove is groove. Let there be light and that light is groove, not bashing artificial tone. It's about the music!!!

Just think he overuses them, almost like a crutch. But then again the only things i have to go by are the things i have heard on the radio and a few YT videos. I like his energy and kudos to him for doing something different just dont understand the accolades he gets. I'd love to hear some other examples of his playing.