Race to win the NFC East | Which team has the easier road?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A few snapshots of where the teams are now and what's ahead for each:​

http://i356.***BLOCKED***/albums/oo4/DallasEast1701/Cowboys.png​

http://i356.***BLOCKED***/albums/oo4/DallasEast1701/Giants.png​

http://i356.***BLOCKED***/albums/oo4/DallasEast1701/Eagles.png​

http://i356.***BLOCKED***/albums/oo4/DallasEast1701/Commanders.png
.* buffer between that http://i356.***BLOCKED***/albums/oo4/DallasEast1701/arrow-1.png and my sig *

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
I think Eagles have the easiest and the Giants have the hardest

Eagles have the 4 division games and the Ravens left rest should be easy..

Giants have 5 division games then Steelers, Ravens, Panthers, Vikings..... ouch

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Clearly, the Skins have the easiest road now. They have played all of their division foes on the road and have a 2-1 record against them. That having been said, we WILL win the division.

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
Star4Ever;2317791 said:
Clearly, the Skins have the easiest road now. They have played all of their division foes on the road and have a 2-1 record against them. That having been said, we WILL win the division.

OMG you aint kidding. If they were in reality, 75% of what people think they are right now, they might not lose 3 more games.

I mean look at that non division NFC schedule. That's a lock 3-1, maybe 4-0.
Then you have the AFC. Pit at home will be tough, but they catch a minor break having such a short road trip to Baltimore. We need them to go no better than 2-2.

Our single most important game may be at Washington.

alicetooljam

Reaction score
The Commanders having all their division road games out of the way with only 1 loss are in VERY good shape if they remain healthy.

SkinsHokieFan

Reaction score
The Commanders by far have the easiest road

The next 3 games

Rams (H)
Lions (A)
Browns (H)

After that

Steelers (H) MNF

After the bye the Commanders play the following

Home: Cowboys, Giants, Eagles

Away: Seahawks, Bengals, Ravens, 49ers

The tough games are at home. The "easier" games are away

Which is why 4-1 is very exciting right now. The team has set itself up very nicely for the rest of the season

Coy

Reaction score
Cowboys 11-5
Commanders 11-5
Giants 10-6
Eagles 9-7

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
The schedule is lined up nicely for Dallas. Four of their next five games are on the road. Thank goodness. The Cowboys play some of their best football on the road, and they go to the Giants first. Then, they get the bye week like Washington has for the last four years before they play us @ Washington. Both teams have the bye week this year before the second meeting. Romo is 13-3 on the road. I really like their position and their chances.

I think the Eagles are in big trouble. I thought they would beat Washington at home, but I thought the Commanders would finish ahead of them, anyway.

This is a three team race right now; however, the Eagles have a way of morphing back together. Nevertheless, I think the Eagles are in some trouble despite what Chris Berman thinks. The Cowboys catch a break by having the @ Philadelphia game fall on the last game of the season. By then, the division could be decided, and that game may not matter if the Eagles are out of it.

I think the Carolina Panthers are a darkhorse team who could make a play for a bye in the playoffs, and the Giants have to play them and Minnesota. Also, I think the Chicago Bears could end up in the 3 spot and possibly take out one of Dallas' enemies in the first round. In the West, I like Arizona. I would put them in the four spot, and they would most likely get an NFC East team.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
I see the Cowboys winning all of their remaining NFC games, 1 of 2 vs. the Steelers and Ravens and 3 of 4 of the remaining divisional opponents.

Season ending record is 13-3.

Cowboys and Commanders have the easiest schedules and the Giants have the toughest remaining schedule.

lcharles

Negativity King
Reaction score
Skins have it easier. Having the rest of their division games at home is a plus, cause everybody knows the calls go their way in Washington.

Crapping that game away to them at home looms large now.

:mad:

StylisticS

Reaction score
lcharles;2318156 said:
Skins have it easier. Having the rest of their division games at home is a plus, cause everybody knows the calls go their way in Washington.

Crapping that game away to them at home looms large now.

:mad:

and we'll still win the division.

However, it's not exactly that bad. But out of the remaining team's schedules. The Giants seem to have the toughest. They play a solid Carolina team, a dangerous Minnesota team and Eli knows what happened last year when they played them, still have to play at Arizona which plays well at home, and Pittsburgh and Baltimore. That's pretty tough.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
This is an easy one. Counting all the games remaing for each team and adding the amount they already played shows:

Commanders: Record 4-1 + 11 remaining = 16 games
Eagles: 3-2 + 10 remaining = 15 games
Cowboys: 4-1 + 10 remaining = 15 games
Giants: 4-0 + 10 remaining = 14 games.

So i have to say the Giants have way the easiest schedule.

Anyway it would be hard for them to reach the playoffs with having 2 games less to play this year :laugh1:

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
TwentyOne;2318177 said:
This is an easy one. Counting all the games remaing for each team and adding the amount they already played shows:

Anyway it would be hard for them to reach the playoffs with having 2 games less to play this year :laugh1:
Check that again with the divisional opponents. Some of them have two check marks. We still have to play NYG at home and on the road for instance.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TwentyOne;2318177 said:

:laugh2:

peplaw06;2318390 said:
Check that again with the divisional opponents. Some of them have two check marks. We still have to play NYG at home and on the road for instance.
:wink2:

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
dadymat;2317632 said:

good observation......we must toughen up

RedskinNation

Reaction score
The Commanders always seem to struggle against AFC teams...dont know what it is...2004 we went 0-4, then in 2005 we went 0-4, 2006 we split and last year we split (barely beating the NYJ and Phins by last second FG's).

I think we will split our AFC games this year...I can see us losing to Cincy somehow....and then perhaps the Steelers on MNF.

HogsRLegends

Reaction score
RedskinNation;2318491 said:
The Commanders always seem to struggle against AFC teams...dont know what it is...2004 we went 0-4, then in 2005 we went 0-4, 2006 we split and last year we split (barely beating the NYJ and Phins by last second FG's).

I think we will split our AFC games this year...I can see us losing to Cincy somehow....and then perhaps the Steelers on MNF.

Nobody is coming into our house and beating us this year. Especially not the Steelers.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
dadymat;2317632 said:

Any team that has to play us doesn't have it easy IMHO.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
HogsRLegends;2318624 said:
Nobody is coming into our house and beating us this year. Especially not the Steelers.
The Cowboys, Giants and Steelers are all fully capable of winning in D.C.