Raiders Shopping Recent Draft Picks

Rayman70

Reaction score
They will be shopping for a new HC before long. Gruden has been a disaster.
Indeed that's a trainwreck from HELL. What the FO has done there is bet the bank literally on Gruden. They are stuck paying ALL his salary. Its fully guaranteed. He is basically holding the team ransom....but it takes 2 to tango as they say. Shame on the Raiders for buying the fools gold and hype.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
They owe Gruden $90 million, not to mention the fees to the NFL for moving to Vegas. They're stuck with him.

He's Garrett-esque guaranteed.
Gonna be an new, MT arena if this keeps up.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

He really has. Not just bad on the field, but dangerous and damaging off of it as well. Gruden has driven that train off the rails in under a year's time. And it's always the players' fault at every turn. Just throw another one under the bus and move on. Lather, rinse, repeat. Oh, and just lose baby!

Carr will get his eventually too. Guden is a failed quarterback and hates every quarterback not named Rich Gannon that he's ever had. None of them can ever do the job as well as he thinks he can.

John813

Reaction score

Davis probably doesn't have the actual cash to fire him.

He's purging the team of McKenzies players, and probably get him fired too.

He has 9 years left to rebuild that team the way he wants it.

There may be a GM there, but he has no real power anymore.

I have to believe Davis had to see this happening. Suck for a bit, save on cap space for a few years, move to LV, instant increase in team worth/value of Davis and then try to have a competitive team by year 2 or 3 in Vegas.
Can see them trading a guy like Herbert and purging ever big name there.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Davis probably doesn't have the actual cash to fire him.

He's purging the team of McKenzies players, and probably get him fired too.

He has 9 years left to rebuild that team the way he wants it.

There may be a GM there, but he has no real power anymore.

I have to believe Davis had to see this happening. Suck for a bit, save on cap space for a few years, move to LV, instant increase in team worth/value of Davis and then try to have a competitive team by year 2 or 3 in Vegas.
Can see them trading a guy like Herbert and purging ever big name there.
Not the smartest strategy for filling psls in a new stadium. Jerry, as much as we love to bash him, didn't hire Parcells for anything other than to sell psls at the new stadium. Mission accomplished.

John813

Reaction score
Not the smartest strategy for filling psls in a new stadium. Jerry, as much as we love to bash him, didn't hire Parcells for anything other than to sell psls at the new stadium. Mission accomplished.

I hear ya. I would just find it odd if Davis was blindsided by all this.
Article a month ago I found pretty much said McKenzie(GM) and Gruden aren't really talking to each other and Gruden used his own guys for scouting etc.
Then again, I guess Gruden knows he's "unfireable" at this point and doesn't give a **** about the record/fans.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I hear ya. I would just find it odd if Davis was blindsided by all this.
Article a month ago I found pretty much said McKenzie(GM) and Gruden aren't really talking to each other and Gruden used his own guys for scouting etc.
Then again, I guess Gruden knows he's "unfireable" at this point and doesn't give a **** about the record/fans.
I always felt Gruden was highly overrated and was stunned to hear what the Raiders paid him. Just glad he is not the Cowboys problem. Throw Fisher in with that sentiment as well and any other former HC sitting in a network studio.