Raiders sign Jason Witten

stiletto

Reaction score
This.

But you have a bunch of romantics that think his service superceded all. He damaged his reputation in my eyes last year.

Yeah......it was bad....should have retired one year later and it would've been a little better for him IMO.

Dwight

Reaction score
First Ballot Hall of Fame ?

Future RofH recipient ?

9 Pro Bowls ?

Owns Dallas Cowboys All Time receiving record

Over 14 years in the NFL

It is ridiculous to diss this guy in anyway.

I hate he has left, if he wants to play, best of luck.

I look forward to seeing him in Arizona. Emmitt found life there. Witten will also.

First of all it’s ridiculously to assume I dismiss the guy because I’m fully aware of his accomplishments and don’t need your input.

Your fake outrage is noted.

The point is he was becoming less effective after the catch as the years went by and the team needed to go towards a different direction.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Gonna miss Wit as a Cowboy but it sure will be nice having a TE with wheels

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Bill-Murray-is-reprising-his-Groundhog-Day-role.jpg

basel90

Reaction score
Classy player but past his prime by 3 years at least . Best of luck .
This is a good move by the cowboys

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Well, not happy to see it, but it was time to move on. While I think he could still be a situational player, the situation he could play is better served by other players on the team. I just wish he would have went to another team and not the 3-ring circus that will be setting up shop in Vegas.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
The blowback against Jason Witten is one of the more bizarre things I’ve seen as a Cowboys fan. He did nothing but deliver and be a good teammate in Dallas—all along. It’s time for him to go, but he’s a Cowboys all-timer who deserves so much more respect than he gets.

Sad to me. You would think, hope, that a fan base would be more appreciative of a player who did nothing but be professional and play at a high level for his entire career. Dude was a third round pick who will eventually end up in the HOF. But yeah, go ahead and trash him publically.

That works.........

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
You are being melodramatic. Witten is an all time Cowboy, no one hates him. I think people just hate he stops progress of younger players. I was OK he came back last year but he was slow and showed his age completely. It is what it is.

Go read this thread again. This is not the stuff you post about an all time Cowboy that no one hates.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Witten is nothing more than holding on way too long to a relationship. You think they will revert back to what they used to be even though for years they shown they won't. It's also a comfortable factor. Dallas was comfortable with him at TE. They knew nothing else except one year for well over a decade. The fans got comfortable, too. He was holding this team hostage. Good riddance. Thanks for the good years but those are way in the past.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
This.

But you have a bunch of romantics that think his service superceded all. He damaged his reputation in my eyes last year.

This is opinion, nothing more Alex. This is how you see it. Doesn't mean it's true. Might just be about remembering that he was a great player for us for a very long time and respecting the work he put in and the person.