Rams attempting to trade for Beckham

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Oh so you want to know what I mean instead of telling me what I mean? I have been quite clear. I really like this new head coach who clearly has a lot of power and say in the organization. A lot more then say than a puppet like Garrett. Now you said you liked the coach as well so lets just leave it at that. Now do you like that they don't pay Watkins 16 million and instead use that money on a guy like Suh? How about having Suh and Aaron Donald at Tackle. You like that? Cowboys like to pay receivers in a run first offense and the Rams like to pay Dlineman. Which strategy to you prefer?

Who is this receiver we are paying in a run first offense? Dez? Or is this because there were media stories about interest in Watkins? They didn't sign watkins so I have to believe they didn't want to sign him to the money he wanted, and that conflicts with your theory. If they had signed Watkins, it would have been at a better deal then they currently have for Dez and thus again, conflicting with your theory. And no, I don't like the Suh signing at all. He just completed his worst season as a pro, he is 31 and you are going to pay him 14 mill? And I would have to ask, why such a well run organization, with a ton of top picks over the last decade, need to go out and spend that kind of money on a FA. A well run organization would have grown their own during that time, no? It's not like they have been picking in the late 20's or 30's in recent years.

I believe the best approach to team building is to have balance across the team. I don't want any position group (outside of QB) to have to much allocation in the CAP. So it's a year to year thing with cap vs need. The rams have a lot of cap space, so they can afford to go out and get all kinds of FA, maybe that will work, for the most part, history tells us it won't. There have been exceptions to that like Denver a few years ago. We shall see how it turns out. But it was the right time to try it for them with Donald on his last year of his rookie contract, so that was smart.

And by the way, Dallas likes to pay their D Line too: all i hear is how over paid Crawford is and they are shelling out what, 17 million for Lawrence. This is just a case of seeing what you want to see regardless of what is actually happening. Again, its cool to follow the crowd and just bash the Cowboys just to bash them.

Big_D

Reaction score
Oh so you want to know what I mean instead of telling me what I mean? I have been quite clear. I really like this new head coach who clearly has a lot of power and say in the organization. A lot more then say than a puppet like Garrett. Now you said you liked the coach as well so lets just leave it at that. Now do you like that they don't pay Watkins 16 million and instead use that money on a guy like Suh? How about having Suh and Aaron Donald at Tackle. You like that? Cowboys like to pay receivers in a run first offense and the Rams like to pay Dlineman. Which strategy to you prefer?

DTs are overrated, we need more WRs! We all know the Cowboys don't value the interior Dline. That's a great strategy!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Who is this receiver we are paying in a run first offense? Dez? Or is this because there were media stories about interest in Watkins? They didn't sign watkins so I have to believe they didn't want to sign him to the money he wanted, and that conflicts with your theory. If they had signed Watkins, it would have been at a better deal then they currently have for Dez and thus again, conflicting with your theory. And no, I don't like the Suh signing at all. He just completed his worst season as a pro, he is 31 and you are going to pay him 14 mill? And I would have to ask, why such a well run organization, with a ton of top picks over the last decade, need to go out and spend that kind of money on a FA. A well run organization would have grown their own during that time, no? It's not like they have been picking in the late 20's or 30's in recent years.

I believe the best approach to team building is to have balance across the team. I don't want any position group (outside of QB) to have to much allocation in the CAP. So it's a year to year thing with cap vs need. The rams have a lot of cap space, so they can afford to go out and get all kinds of FA, maybe that will work, for the most part, history tells us it won't. There have been exceptions to that like Denver a few years ago. We shall see how it turns out. But it was the right time to try it for them with Donald on his last year of his rookie contract, so that was smart.

And by the way, Dallas likes to pay their D Line too: all i hear is how over paid Crawford is and they are shelling out what, 17 million for Lawrence. This is just a case of seeing what you want to see regardless of what is actually happening. Again, its cool to follow the crowd and just bash the Cowboys just to bash them.

Stop telling me about "my theory". You are clearly incapable or uninterested in my theory. Twisting my theory to suit your own argumentative agenda is what you seem interested in.

No if you think the Cowboys are a "well run" organization then by all means enjoy that. Plenty of other realistic Cowboy fans on here that arent blind homers.

Big_D

Reaction score
Are you being sarcastic? hard to tell.

I was definitely being sarcastic. Just seems like their strategy at WR never pays off. I'd take the Donald/Suh combo over every WR on this team. I'd love to see the Cowboys show real interest in that interior.. it would make a huge difference for this D.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I was definitely being sarcastic. Just seems like their strategy at WR never pays off. I'd take the Donald/Suh combo over every WR on this team. I'd love to see the Cowboys show real interest in that interior.. it would make a huge difference for this D.

I couldnt agree more. I consider the middle of the line to be of prime importance. Clearly not a place to save money and go cheap.