1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

Rams attempting to trade for Beckham

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by LocimusPrime, Mar 26, 2018.

1. MileyDancer

MileyDancer Benched

3,669 Messages
    5,320 Likes Received
    :rolleyes:

2. Sandyf

Sandyf Well-Known Member

1,509 Messages
    746 Likes Received
    Guess I don't get it. Everyone thinks because the Rams are getting Suh, got Talib and Peters and are INTERESTED in trading for Beckham that they have the best team. Sure, maybe, or maybe not. Lets see Miami knew they screwed up signing Suh for the money for what they got which was more headaches. Denver was willing to trade Talib because of money and they had better younger players. KC got tired of Peters attitude and me,me, me type of play. Now Beckham who believes he is God's gift to football yet can someone point out how many games he has missed and how many drops he has had over the last two years. Geez we complain about Dez drops what in the world would we do when Beckham drops some.

Rams have the cap space because they have been toast for several years. They have a young team and a good chance at the Super Bowl this year but if they don't make it then they could implode big time with those egos. They had the salary cap to overpay but look at the next three years and that cap will go bye bye to resign guys like Donald and the QB and others.

Thanks but no thanks to any of those 4 guys. I want to build and sustain, not a one year wonder.

3. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

63,111 Messages
    70,496 Likes Received
    I find it upsetting that they can go from a complete overhaul - firing their head coach and GM - and missing out on most all of the draft picks acquired in the RGIII trade, and yet, just two years later, they're already a playoff team and a Super Bowl contender. Much like the Eagles' rebound from Chip Kelly that the vast majority of us said would ruin them for a decade.

And meanwhile, in Dallas, "the process" enters Year Eight, with no end in sight...

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
    Cowboysheelsreds053, Proof and Aven8 like this.
  4. cowboyblue22

cowboyblue22 Well-Known Member

8,269 Messages
    7,000 Likes Received
    the rams have a small window here they are trying to take advantage of lots of their players will be free agents next year and their qb will have a much bigger contract when his rookie deal is over the nfl is so year to year when you have a opportunity you need to take advantage that's where the cowboys have messed up in 2014 and they weren't going to a superbowl with a rookie qb in 2016

5. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

63,111 Messages
    70,496 Likes Received
    "Build and sustain" what exactly? A .500 team and coach that rarely makes the playoffs and quickly gets bounced on the rare occasion that they do?

I mean what exactly are you looking to "sustain"? Mediocrity?
    :huh:

6. Cowboysheelsreds053

Cowboysheelsreds053 Well-Known Member

9,372 Messages
    6,579 Likes Received
    They got the skins to bite a couple of years ago, now let's see if the rooster finally comes home to roost.

7. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

51,001 Messages
    47,358 Likes Received

Who builds and really sustains? Teams with great QB's and coaches?

We have poor coaching and Dak could be really good but he'll never be great.

When the window opens you go for it.

Dallas has sustained for long enough. We teeter totter back and forth between mediocrity and winning but since our coaching is so blah we never have enough horses somewhere to overcome.

We need to take advantage of Daks rookie deal because when he gets paid, and this team takes a roster hit because of it, then we will be stuck in mediocrity with Jason coaching.

8. Ddisco22

Ddisco22 Well-Known Member

1,161 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    The rams will have a great team this year

cowboyblue22 likes this.
  9. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Well-Known Member

27,454 Messages
    17,912 Likes Received
    This new one is.

10. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

11,142 Messages
    6,762 Likes Received
    Great point. The league is designed so that all teams should have a chance for success with the free agency rules, etc. Even teams that have historically been terrible have a chance to win the Super Bowl, like the Saints for an example. The league is designed so that no team can dominate like the Cowboys did in the 90s. Even with the rule changes, Dallas has not been capable of fielding a team that could reach the Super Bowl. With the rules, teams can totally overhaul their entire roster in a year or two. Several teams have done this and have won Super Bowls within a year or two. Dallas has not taken advantage of the rules and they seem to approach building a team like they would have before the rules changed. It gets old repeating the reason for the lack of success, but GM Jerry and now Stephen are the problems in Dallas. Every year it is the same problems that has produced 20+ years of failure. Dallas is no longer associated with winning. Those days are over and I don't see anything changing in the future.

DBOY3141, cowboyblue22 and stasheroo like this.
  11. Jipper

Jipper Well-Known Member

4,046 Messages
    6,251 Likes Received
    ...on paper....

just bc you sign guys in March does not mean you will have a great team in reality...just ask the eagles dream team a few years back. There are a lot of things that factor in from chemistry, to injuries and how guys end up fitting together. Just bc they look good on paper doesnt mean they will have a great team.

Ddisco22 and rocyaice like this.
  12. dckid

dckid Well-Known Member

1,291 Messages
    1,068 Likes Received
    Thats what I'm saying. Dak and Goff are not that different in terms of skills.. The Cowboys should be going all out to maximize while Dak is on his rookie deal.

13. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

33,114 Messages
    26,540 Likes Received
    Talon isn't as young or as good as Trumaine. I felt if you were trying to go all in like you guys consistently push you would be kept him and Peters.

14. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

33,114 Messages
    26,540 Likes Received
    Happens all the time. The winners in March usually under achieve.

15. Cowboysheelsreds053

9,372 Messages
    6,579 Likes Received

This, it is a d-- shame we keep throwing dirt up on the hill but it keeps hitting us in the head.

stasheroo likes this.
  16. kuyyo_morro

kuyyo_morro Well-Known Member

690 Messages
    819 Likes Received
    Unfortunately in present times Cowboys are considered a joke, an attraction, a tourist spot. But no team/management wants to mimic their process.

I see Atlanta using New England's game plan against Denver when Atlanta played Denver. Philly special in superbowl was a Bears vs Vikings game thing.

No one copies Cowboys way of doing things on the field or off the field. That means teams dont look at you as winners.

17. Sheffielder74UK

Sheffielder74UK Active Member

107 Messages
    118 Likes Received
    It’s not the players who get arested, drunk, into fights or whatever who make the worst team mates.

Beckham, Suh and Peters is a funny recipe to add in one pre season

18. dogunwo

dogunwo Franchise Tagged

9,639 Messages
    4,902 Likes Received
    Wachovia doesn't exist. They were bought out by Wells Fargo.

19. Cowboysheelsreds053

9,372 Messages
    6,579 Likes Received
    This

20. Mr_V

Mr_V rat2k8

6,936 Messages
    7,693 Likes Received
    Giants say no trade for Odell they want to extend him.