Rams looking to trade or cut Gurley

Status
Not open for further replies.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Don't invest in runningbacks.. It's stupid.

They single handedly screwed up the RB market and we followed their footsteps.

Now they paid a slightly above mediocre QB and we have to now pay our slightly above mediocre QB.

Following the Rams stupidity.. It's what we do.

starfan1

Reaction score
to be fair they were stupid to sign him to that contract with his injury history.I think that's the reason for them wanting to dump him more than the money. Its his inability to live up to the money. Lets keep seeing Zeke wave to the sidelines for a blow and the cowboys will be trying to dump or trade their star in a 2 years

starfan1

Reaction score

Now they paid a slightly above mediocre QB and we have to now pay our slightly above mediocre QB.

except the part about getting to the super bowl lol.

ksg811

Reaction score
They’ve got 2 days before his 3/20 guarantees lock him up for 2 more years.

Bluefin

Reaction score
No team is going to trade for Todd Gurley's contract.

Gurley's 2020 $5.5M base salary and $7.55M roster bonus (due in 2 days) are already fully guaranteed.

His 2021 $5M roster bonus will also become fully guaranteed in 2 days.

Keep him or cut him.

Dreski

Reaction score

I see what you’re saying, but unlike Gurley, Zeke hasn’t had knee problems, which is something you don’t want a running back to have. We’ve been lucky that both Dak and Zeke have been relatively healthy. Working around the cap and signing our talent is always gonna be a thing, hopefully Zeke gets to play out his contract injury free

Sydla

Reaction score
I see what you’re saying, but unlike Gurley, Zeke hasn’t had knee problems, which is something you don’t want a running back to have. We’ve been lucky that both Dak and Zeke have been relatively healthy. Working around the cap and signing our talent is always gonna be a thing, hopefully Zeke gets to play out his contract injury free

Sure but at the time Gurley signed his deal he was also a more explosive TB than Elliott, who at times last year, showed some slow down.

blueblood70

Reaction score

stop the we shouldnt have signed Zeke, I find it odd that Johnson got moved but look what they got for him...htown gave up Hopkins and a 2 for him.. obviously RB is still important..Gurley is bad example because he was already hurt when they signed him it was dumb he had the knee they still inked him..

ZEKE IS THE ONLY BACK WHO AFTER SIGNING STILL MADE IT TOP 4 ONLY 30 YARDS SHORT OF CM of making it to 3? HE IS NEVER HURT ENOUGH TO MISS GAMES, HES STILL GAME PLANNED FOR AND VERY RELATIVE..I dont care about what he was in 2016 to now.. he still a beast and of the staff would have utilized him more in the pass game , he would be even more valuable..

teams still pick RBs top 5 after all this SB went high...you dont pay scrubs or inured players but Zeke not one of those...
its team by team and player by player situation on if you should or shouldnt sign the RB..

we relied on Dak more big puffy numbers and still finished 8-8 but Dak getting 32mil on a FT.. want 120 guarteed and 35 mil SMH thats an issue it ;like 18% of our cap zekes making around 13 mil atear the first 3 years.. thats not out of line..

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No team is going to trade for Todd Gurley's contract.

Gurley's 2020 $5.5M base salary and $7.55M roster bonus (due in 2 days) are already fully guaranteed.

His 2021 $5M roster bonus will also become fully guaranteed in 2 days.

Keep him or cut him.

I think a cut is only a formality at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.