Rams Oline knew what our D was going to do

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If true and no reason to think it is not, that is 100% coaching.

Absolutely no reason to think it's not true. It explains how the defensive line got manhandled all night long. And if I had to guess? I'd say the Colts knew the same tells when we played them as well.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
My bad......missed your post but the answer to your question brings to mine 2014, where we home field and fail to take advantage. The point of my post ( perhaps I could have been more clear) was giving McVay credit for being one hell of a coach. No can honestly say they expected him to ignore our weakness and abuse our strength with success. Is this a reflection of Garrett, sure it is but should he be fired, no, not IMO when you look at the total season. Others may disagree and that's fine but it's my take.
I can't remember ever seeing a Garrett lead team exploit another teams weakness or turn a strength into one. I have seen his teams underprepared after biweeks. I have seen them go away from what works and stubbornly force things that don't. He should be fired. We shouldn't see people blaming the OC for the shortcomings or the DC when he as head coach can override any decision they make. The buck stops nowhere in Dallas and that is a problem.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
So the Rams are the first Cowboys opponent since the season began to pick up on this?

Their players need to shut up and win gracefully. They outplayed the Cowboys, simple as that.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Birddog26‏ @Birddog26 3h3 hours ago
I take it from the comments about Rams seeing tells in their defensive alignments that few have played football or broken down film. Every single scheme, team and player have tells. This is why you deep dive film. Find 2 maybe 3 things out of 25 or more you can use in game.

And some teams do it well while the Cowboys don't.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
It may be stupid to you but things like this end seasons and Dallas didn’t magically go from one of the leagues best run defenses to almost giving up 300 yards without coaching playing a factor.

It’s clear that their pre-snap motions, misdrection, and change of pace played a huge factor. They had edges in the coaching department that we don’t.
It’s not stupid. The 4th and 1 when Zek got stuffed was moronic. The QB sneak to the left of the center was wide open.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Reading many of the replies...I get that all teams watch film and look for tells. Hell we did it in high school and could call out plays of other teams. I think the point of putting it out there and me posting it here for consumption is that we seem to get busted on it but don’t seem to employ it as well on others. Plus you’d think you’d adjust to it if you suspected it. This isn’t the first time on O or D.

Kalyan

Reaction score
What else is new? It seems like every team says this about us. :facepalm:
looks like we need additional coaches to manage clock, scount our our own offense and defense on what teams already know about and another coach to look at analytics as the current coaching staff is competent to do all these functions

Kalyan

Reaction score
McVay reads the defense for Goff and makes the pre snap adjustments. Has since he got there.
If our DC is smart, he will change the defense completely after the communication is cutoff or constantly hide your coverage so they can't do that anymore

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Ticket discussing this now and saying our coaches responses about “intensity” etc just shows we are out of it regarding what is happening

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Absolutely no reason to think it's not true. It explains how the defensive line got manhandled all night long. And if I had to guess? I'd say the Colts knew the same tells when we played them as well.

two constants to support the theory. One Eberfuls at Colts. Two, a little dated by Wade at Rams...

mahoneybill

Reaction score
looks like we need additional coaches to manage clock, scount our our own offense and defense on what teams already know about and another coach to look at analytics as the current coaching staff is competent to do all these functions

I know in the past we used to have a Quality Control person.... Would think this is one of things that person would do.

Also if coaches have a chart to run for O or D based on down and distance. I would assume they they what plays, in which manner, certain formations are run from.

It was clear to me right away that our D was doing a lot of shifting as the Rams did and excellent job of moving around and faking play action to get our D out of sync