Rams owner models how it’s done

visionary

Reaction score
Jerry will never notice or care, but the LA rams owner Stan Kroenke just modeled the role of an NFL owner when he accepted the NFC championship trophy. He took about 10 seconds thanking his GM Les Snead and the Head Coach Snead hired, Sean McVay. Then he shut up and got out of the way.

Jerry probably didn’t notice or care. But the NFL owners raising trophies in the 21st century are not the ones playing GM and jock and socks sorter. They hire competent football GMs and hold them accountable to get results. That’s how it’s done.

Took the rams two years under McVay.

The Joneses are morons
The next thing they learn about football will be the first

yimyammer

Reaction score
Wrong on so many levels. Jimmy was not coming back here to coach. The reason he was jettisoned when he was is because he wouldn't sign a contract extension (and never intended to). He was more interested in the possibility of being the Jaguars inaugural coach. It was then, that Jerry (in a drunken stupor) made the 500 coaches remark and, from there, it truly WAS a mutual parting of ways.

You got he first part right, when referring to your post, lol...

skinsscalper

Reaction score
You got he first part right, when referring to your post, lol...
Like I said, Google what Jimmy Johnson said about the whole thing. Unless you think Jimmy would lie about it. If you do, then there's not enough palm face emojis on the planet for you.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Jerry will never notice or care, but the LA rams owner Stan Kroenke just modeled the role of an NFL owner when he accepted the NFC championship trophy. He took about 10 seconds thanking his GM Les Snead and the Head Coach Snead hired, Sean McVay. Then he shut up and got out of the way.

Jerry probably didn’t notice or care. But the NFL owners raising trophies in the 21st century are not the ones playing GM and jock and socks sorter. They hire competent football GMs and hold them accountable to get results. That’s how it’s done.

And in cap hell for years. They better win it this year or it’s over for them.

yimyammer

Reaction score
Like I said, Google what Jimmy Johnson said about the whole thing. Unless you think Jimmy would lie about it. If you do, then there's not enough palm face emojis on the planet for you.

Jimmy was saving face

IMO, Jerry fired Jimmy ainec

We can equivocate all we want about how Jimmy was planning on leaving, Jimmy goaded jeri into firing him, Jimmy and jeri weren’t getting along, etc, etc, etc but the bottom line is jeri fired him and gave Jimmy 2 million to leave. The straw that broke Jeri’s back was the non-toast where jeri tried to toast a table of people jeri had fired (Bob Ackles, Brenda Bushnell, etc) that Jimmy was also at. Jeri being his typical tone deaf, self absorbed, insecure a-hole self got his panties in a bunch when they didn't smooch his butt and gave a tepid response to his drunken toast.

That was the final draw for jeri and he immediately starts talking to various people including reporters about firing Jimmy. He may have sobered up by the time he spoke to Jimmy face to face and offered some kind of BS untenable offer for Jimmy to remain coach, but that wasn't true because he had already called Switzer asking him if he wanted the job and to start considering it. Jeri wanted the satisfaction of firing Jimmy. Jeri was seething and wanted to wake Jimmy up in the middle of the night, jerk him out of bed and fire him on the spot. Jeri was bitter and wanted revenge.

I don't think Jimmy was going to hang around much longer but I believe he was definitely planning to return for an attempt at a 3-peat as evidenced by his comments to Deon during Super Bowl 28 and comments where he didn't think there was any way jeri would fire a 2 time Super Bowl winning coach:

No doubt Jimmy was on his last days in Dallas as he had grown sick and tired of Jeri's meddling and clamoring for credit:

jeri talking out of his backside here and couldn't abide by his own philosophy:

I believe there were growing tensions between the two and the end was drawing near since both were ready to be done with each other.

The "non-toast" was the final draw that lit the fire which caused jeri to fire Jimmy (you can call it a nuanced firing with a caveat but it was still a firing imo)

I believe jeri was pissed and wanted the satisfaction of firing jimmy face to face and did in fact do so (I'm admittedly speculating since I wasn't in there). Jeri may have made Jimmy an offer that he knew Jimmy would never accept to try to soften the blow and give Jimmy a measure of face saving in the public eye. But in reality, jeri only did this to save his own face, not Jimmys, because jeri was so pissed he didn't give two ***** about how Jimmy was perceived and realized he was the one that was going to take the PR hit.

So he paid Jimmy 2 million to leave (Jimmy had a ten year contract and you don't get 2 million when you break your contract and quit). Jimmy went along with it publicly in exchange for the 2 mill but also because I think Jimmy was hurt by the firing and it was a blow to his ego so it not being called a firing is more palatable even if deep down he knew he had just been fired.

Yes, he hadn't stayed long in all his venues but he was the one that got to make the choice to leave in all his previous stops. IIRC, he had never been fired so its a face saving measure to tell the world ex post facto he was going to quit anyway (I said something similar when my junior high girl friend broke up with me). Jimmy was hurt by it and I think it still stings him a little to this day.

So you can call it a "nuanced firing", a "firing with Asterisks" or just call it what it was: A firing triggered by a drunken owners feelings and pride being hurt over an employee who who didn't show him the respect he felt he deserved and because that employee would not also give him credit for things jeri didn't deserve.

That's my take based on living in Dallas while everything went down, following it obsessively and reading several books on the issue with first hand accounts from different sources of the toast incident and subsequent statements by jeri saying he was going to fire Jimmy.

Book Sources:

#1: The Water Boy: From the Sidelines to the Owner's Box: Inside the CFL, the XFL, and the NFL by Bob Ackles

#2: King of The Cowboys: The Life & Times of Jerry Jones by Jim Dent

#3: Greatest Team Ever: The Dallas Cowboys Dynasty of the 1990’s by Ron St Angelo & Norm Hitzges

Screenshots from book #1:

PI3Cp3V.jpg

3xV6oOV.jpg

12ZPrKX.jpg

sFDmQRN.jpg

oRTx3KM.jpg

Screenshots from Book #2

E6FWAc2.jpg

Zm6yWpF.jpg

ROWvlhE.jpg

raAUoLL.jpg

RmvnnSx.jpg

fwX0OHH.jpg

6hvHzQf.jpg

maQBwJZ.jpg

Z4ldqs2.jpg

wX6AaXI.jpg

Finally, here's jeri in his own words telling everyone whether Jimmy was fired:

He fired Jimmy and was proud of it

Last edited:

mrmojo

Reaction score
The Ram organization will be going to their 3rd SB since the Cowboys last appearance.....we are being lapped now by other teams, so frustrating.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
So, I get that the refs missed the PI call and it likely turned the tide of the game, but LA was actually penalized more then NO and LA had never won a game officiated by that crew before. So, let's get off the ref conspiracy. There isn't one. They just suck.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
Jimmy was saving face

IMO, Jerry fired Jimmy ainec

We can equivocate all we want about how Jimmy was planning on leaving, Jimmy goaded jeri into firing him, Jimmy and jeri weren’t getting along, etc, etc, etc but the bottom line is jeri fired him and gave Jimmy 2 million to leave. The straw that broke Jeri’s back was the non-toast where jeri tried to toast a table of people jeri had fired (Bob Ackles, Brenda Bushnell, etc) that Jimmy was also at. Jeri being his typical tone deaf, self absorbed, insecure a-hole self got his panties in a bunch when they didn't smooch his butt and gave a tepid response to his drunken toast.

That was the final draw for jeri and he immediately starts talking to various people including reporters about firing Jimmy. He may have sobered up by the time he spoke to Jimmy face to face and offered some kind of BS untenable offer for Jimmy to remain coach, but that wasn't true because he had already called Switzer asking him if he wanted the job and to start considering it. Jeri wanted the satisfaction of firing Jimmy. Jeri was seething and wanted to wake Jimmy up in the middle of the night, jerk him out of bed and fire him on the spot. Jeri was bitter and wanted revenge.

I don't think Jimmy was going to hang around much longer but I believe he was definitely planning to return for an attempt at a 3-peat as evidenced by his comments to Deon during Super Bowl 28 and comments where he didn't think there was any way jeri would fire a 2 time Super Bowl winning coach:

No doubt Jimmy was on his last days in Dallas as he had grown sick and tired of Jeri's meddling and clamoring for credit:

jeri talking out of his backside here and couldn't abide by his own philosophy:

I believe there were growing tensions between the two and the end was drawing near since both were ready to be done with each other.

The "non-toast" was the final draw that lit the fire which caused jeri to fire Jimmy (you can call it a nuanced firing with a caveat but it was still a firing imo)

I believe jeri was pissed and wanted the satisfaction of firing jimmy face to face and did in fact do so (I'm admittedly speculating since I wasn't in there). Jeri may have made Jimmy an offer that he knew Jimmy would never accept to try to soften the blow and give Jimmy a measure of face saving in the public eye. But in reality, jeri only did this to save his own face, not Jimmys, because jeri was so pissed he didn't give two ***** about how Jimmy was perceived and realized he was the one that was going to take the PR hit.

So he paid Jimmy 2 million to leave (Jimmy had a ten year contract and you don't get 2 million when you break your contract and quit). Jimmy went along with it publicly in exchange for the 2 mill but also because I think Jimmy was hurt by the firing and it was a blow to his ego so it not being called a firing is more palatable even if deep down he knew he had just been fired.

Yes, he hadn't stayed long in all his venues but he was the one that got to make the choice to leave in all his previous stops. IIRC, he had never been fired so its a face saving measure to tell the world ex post facto he was going to quit anyway (I said something similar when my junior high girl friend broke up with me). Jimmy was hurt by it and I think it still stings him a little to this day.

So you can call it a "nuanced firing", a "firing with Asterisks" or just call it what it was: A firing triggered by a drunken owners feelings and pride being hurt over an employee who who didn't show him the respect he felt he deserved and because that employee would not also give him credit for things jeri didn't deserve.

That's my take based on living in Dallas while everything went down, following it obsessively and reading several books on the issue with first hand accounts from different sources of the toast incident and subsequent statements by jeri saying he was going to fire Jimmy.

Book Sources:

#1: The Water Boy: From the Sidelines to the Owner's Box: Inside the CFL, the XFL, and the NFL by Bob Ackles

#2: King of The Cowboys: The Life & Times of Jerry Jones by Jim Dent

#3: Greatest Team Ever: The Dallas Cowboys Dynasty of the 1990’s by Ron St Angelo & Norm Hitzges

Screenshots from book #1:

PI3Cp3V.jpg

3xV6oOV.jpg

12ZPrKX.jpg

sFDmQRN.jpg

oRTx3KM.jpg

Screenshots from Book #2

E6FWAc2.jpg

Zm6yWpF.jpg

ROWvlhE.jpg

raAUoLL.jpg

RmvnnSx.jpg

fwX0OHH.jpg

6hvHzQf.jpg

maQBwJZ.jpg

Z4ldqs2.jpg

wX6AaXI.jpg

Finally, here's jeri in his own words telling everyone whether Jimmy was fired:

He fired Jimmy and was proud of it

Great post. It just doesn't jive with what Jimmy has said, himself. These are all 3rd party accounts of what happened. I won't discount them but none of this comes from Jimmy, himself. Why on earth would Jimmy say that he had his eyes elsewhere before he even split with the Cowboys? I don't buy the pride factor, at all.

Loved that post, though, brother. Well thought out and you put an *** load of work into that. Mad props, my man.

rags747

Reaction score

And Stanley does not have that franchise without Jerry. Stanley should have thanked Jerry, actually he already has multiple times. Haters gonna Hate...