Randall Cobb contact details

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It would be nice if Cobb had a career year with Dak (sort of like Laurent Robinson did with Romo) and then signed a monster FA contract somewhere else next year and then falls into obscurity.

It would be nice, but almost impossible. The bar for a career year is way higher with Cobb than it was with Robinson (1,287 yards to 487 yards), and with the Cowboys offense having such a heavy running component it would very difficult for any receiver to reach those numbers, much less a receiver that will not be the #1.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Beasely signed for 29 mill over 4 years, with 10. 5 mil fully guaranteed.
I read the x#11 signed @14.4 mil guaranteed
( admittedly, I don't know of the varying aspects as to the "fully guaranteed" in comparison to the regular standard issue
" guaranteed " statute entails)

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I would even consider this one as "extreme value". I wasn't the biggest fan of this signing, but even I have to say the Cowboys got another good deal.

I'm not entirely thrilled with the team's free agency thus far and had hoped they did more, but I have to give credit where credit is due. The deals they have made have been smart, shrewd ones.

If you consider this extreme value, what would you have considered his market value?

DFWJC

Reaction score
I read the x#11 signed @14.4 mil guaranteed
( admittedly, I don't know of the varying aspects as to the "fully guaranteed" in comparison to the regular standard issue
" guaranteed " statute entails)
It's 11. But if he gets injured bad enough to end the contract, he would get 14.4

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I'd say I expected his cost to be greater than the $7 million a year Beasley got for being a one-dimensional player.

But isnt Cobb just as one dimensional, but just worse at that dimension? And if you look st any free agent listing, Beasley is way above Cobb in all of them for a reason.

Way I see it is Hurns and he were very similiar free agents, and much more comparable than he and Beasley:
Big body slots
Limited by injury the couple years before
Limited production
And Hurns being 2 years younger when hitting free agency

Hurns signed for $6M AAV, so even given the one year of market appreciation, I dont see anyway Cobb should have hit Hurns $6M, much less exceeded it.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But isnt Cobb just as one dimensional, but just worse at that dimension?

No, Cobb is much more versatile. Can line up in the slot, outside, or in the backfield. Beasley is strictly a slot receiver. That's it.

And if you look st any free agent listing, Beasley is way above Cobb in all of them for a reason.

And?

Way I see it is Hurns and he were very similiar free agents, and much more comparable than he and Beasley:
Big body slots
Limited production

Hurns signed for $6M AAV, so even given the one year of market appreciation, I dont see anyway Cobb should have hit Hurns $6M, much less exceeded it.

Hurns shouldn't be on the roster at his current price.

Reactions: CWR

speedkilz88

Reaction score
It's a what have you done for me lately league. If Cobb had 600 yards last season he would have a 3 year deal for 7-8 million a season. Had Beasley not gotten those early season targets when the Cowboys lacked a #1 wr he wouldn't have gotten 600 yards and would have been a 5 million a year wr.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
No, Cobb is much more versatile. Can line up in the slot, outside, or in the backfield. Beasley is strictly a slot receiver. That's it.

And?

Hurns shouldn't be on the roster at his current price.

He doesnt line up outside(89.3% of snaps in slot and 7% in the backfield). We could also stick Beasley outside but neither would produce. So he's not much more versatile.

And, it's just common knowledge that Beasley would fetch more in free agency than Cobb.

Then Cobb shouldn't be on the roster at his current price.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
He doesnt line up outside(89.3% of snaps in slot and 7% in the backfield). We could also stick Beasley outside but neither would produce. So he's not much more versatile.

And, it's just common knowledge that Beasley would fetch more in free agency than Cobb.

Ignorant post.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Where are these numbers from?

He did. Much more. Grossly overpaid for his one trick and I'm glad it wasn't us.

Were his numbers as poor as Hurns were last year?

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score

Also...if you didn't see or realize why they liked him...AR pulled out Shawshank

• aaronrodgers12
    “I have to remind myself that some birds aren't meant to be caged...And when they fly away, the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up does rejoice. Still, the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone. I guess I just miss my friend.” #friendship #teammates #brothers #Packers

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Where are these numbers from?

He did. Much more. Grossly overpaid for his one trick and I'm glad it wasn't us.

Were his numbers as poor as Hurns were last year?

John Owning put them on twitter when he was doing his Cobb write up, his source was PFF.

I'm glad it wasnt us too.

You understand we are comparing the players the years before they hit free agency, right? We had already signed Hurns last year.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
John Owning put them on twitter when he was doing his Cobb write up, his source was PFF.

Do you have a link? Are these cumulative or just this last season?

I'm glad it wasnt us too.

Glad we can agree.

You understand we are comparing the players the years before they hit free agency, right? We had already signed Hurns last year.

With every opportunity to get out of what was, and is an awful contract.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Do you have a link? Are these cumulative or just this last season?

Glad we can agree.

With every opportunity to get out of what was, and is an awful contract.

John works for Dallas morning news, which we aren't allowed to post here. You'd have to ask the mods why that is.

Seems odd we are able to link every source outside of DMN.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
John works for Dallas morning news, which we aren't allowed to post here. You'd have to ask the mods why that is.

Seems odd we are able to link every source outside of DMN.

They basically sent this site a cease and desist order not to post their content. Spitting themselves if you ask me.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
But isnt Cobb just as one dimensional, but just worse at that dimension? And if you look st any free agent listing, Beasley is way above Cobb in all of them for a reason.

Big body slots
Limited production

I think this is about right.

Hurns and Cobb aren't really the same type of player, but in terms of how they relate to each other as free agents, Hurns and Cobb are more comparable than Cobb and Beasley.