Random but needs to be said

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The baddest man in the whole damn town!

I'm trying to remember a classic rock song that references a guy driving around town. I think there was a phrase about hanging in arm out the window or something like like. I thought it referenced they model of the car. It gave the image of a guy in some type of muscle car.

I've looked on google but can't find it.

It was something that played on the radio often back in the day.

Flamma

Reaction score
If Jim brown played in the 90s, he’d be rueben drones. Stop calling him the best back of all time or even top 4.

I don't know, I never seen him play. But like Babe Ruth, you can only play your competition. What bothers me is that they put Emmitt Smith 11th. Really? The league's all time leading rusher 11th? Absolutely ridiculous. In all of my time watching football Emmitt was the best I have ever seen run the ball. I can't speak for Jim Brown, maybe he was better in his time, but no one beats Emmitt in my time. The guy could do everything, pass block, run, and catch out of the backfield better than anyone I've ever seen.

Reaction score

Blackspider214

Reaction score
If Jim brown played in the 90s, he’d be rueben drones. Stop calling him the best back of all time or even top 4.

This logic is so dumb. You can't really compare eras. Each era is its own entity. To say someone would not be good in this era and therefore dismissing them is silly. You do realize if Jim Brown played today, he would be going through the same training, dieting, workout and conditioning guys today would be? Why do people think they would be the same exact player from that era you are trying to grab them from and place them here?

It's the same as saying if some random QB today played back in the day, he would be the best ever!. Yeah except that player if he played back then would be on the same level playing field as his peers and would not have all these advantages he would if he time traveled.

lwehlers

Reaction score
I disagree.

Jim Brown played in an era where defenses focused on stopping the run. Yet he still mowed them down like a Diesel powered Combine.

as great as jim brown was defensive players were smaller and slower guys then. todays players are bigger and faster so maybe his type of running back may not work now. you have to be able to make guys miss. still brown is one of the greatest of all-time.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
If Jim brown played in the 90s, he’d be rueben drones.

44d62cc8158ce00129c7df499e4f93ae.jpg

RoboQB

Reaction score
....in beating and raping women.

I think you have Jim Brown and James Brown mixed up.

James Brown, the entertainer, was known for beating women.
I've never heard of any rape accusations from either one, but
I wouldn't put it past the "hardest working man in show business".

kskboys

Reaction score
I don't know, I never seen him play. But like Babe Ruth, you can only play your competition. What bothers me is that they put Emmitt Smith 11th. Really? The league's all time leading rusher 11th? Absolutely ridiculous. In all of my time watching football Emmitt was the best I have ever seen run the ball. I can't speak for Jim Brown, maybe he was better in his time, but no one beats Emmitt in my time. The guy could do everything, pass block, run, and catch out of the backfield better than anyone I've ever seen.
It really shouldn't. When you get to this level of comparing RB's, there is a ton of subjectivity involved. Emmit being the all time leading rusher is but one facet of comparison factors.

kskboys

Reaction score
I think you have Jim Brown and James Brown mixed up.

James Brown, the entertainer, was known for beating women.
I've never heard of any rape accusations from either one, but
I wouldn't put it past the "hardest working man in show business".
Since I'd never heard that about Jim Brown, I was wondering myself.