Random but needs to be said

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
Go back and watch the man play he was great. I don’t rank these guys I just know they are the best 4 I’ve ever seen Barry, Walter, Emmitt, and Jim everyone else falls in line after these guys. I bet he would be a 1500 yard back in today’s game probably better with the crappy tackling we see now days and how powerful he was.

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not sure there is even a way to compare?? Everyone is bigger except backs who may be faster though so throw that out, linemen both O and D on average are probably around 310 now compared to 250 back then and didn't start getting bigger until the 70's, I don't know what would a Jim Brown do today behind a Cowboys Line against a Baltimore or Pats D Line?

KingRah

Reaction score
That’s like saying the QBs of the past would suck too. Players today have the luxury of the flag and pampering on their side brown would have been good in any decade
Jim brown couldn't make anyone miss. He wasn't super fast and the de s were all 240 or 230.

KingRah

Reaction score
I stand corrected on my previous response.
My apologies.

It amazes me how these supposed activists have so many
skeletons in their closet yet media stays quiet and allows
them to stand on their soap box.
I remember a article being posted on a message board years ago about Joe Gibbs molesting his daughter in the 70s.

KingRah

Reaction score
No matter when Jim Brown played...he would be the best back in the League. He was Adrian Peterson before AP. Except he could catch and block too. Don't get it twisted...Jim Brown was a BAD MAN!

Sure hope I don't EVER read a thread saying Lawrence Taylor would be average or a lesser player than DWare, Von Miller or Khalil Mack. Smh...
He was slower than most rbs. He was average sized. He also was the size as Des and bigger than lb era of his era. Hes Wilt chamberlain.
He played in a smaller less athletic era. Anyone under 45 sees it.

slick325

Reaction score
He was slower than most rbs. He was average sized. He also was the size as Des and bigger than lb era of his era. Hes Wilt chamberlain.
He played in a smaller less athletic era. Anyone under 45 sees it.

LOL! Jim Brown would be at worst a 4.4 guy at that size today. He was what you see in Adrian Peterson except he was better.

Anyway, carry on.

KingRah

Reaction score
LOL! Jim Brown would be at worst a 4.4 guy at that size today. He was what you see in Adrian Peterson except he was better.

Anyway, carry on.
he wasn't anything close to 4.4. He had hips like Jerome Bettis so he won't make you miss. He played against small defenses.

slick325

Reaction score
he wasn't anything close to 4.4. He had hips like Jerome Bettis so he won't make you miss. He played against small defenses.

I'll let you read what a Pulitzer prize winning journalist who covered the guy and several other HOF RBs explain and then I'm done...:
Said columnist Red Smith: "For mercurial speed, airy nimbleness, and explosive violence in one package of undistilled evil, there is no other like Mr. Brown."

Have a good one your highness...

KingRah

Reaction score
it was posted on the espy board. it said it happened in the 70s with his niece. I haven't been able to find the article myself, so who knows if its true.