Random Combine chatter....

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
DB's from group 1 that impressed me:
Tyrann Mathieu - other than the bench press, had the best outing of anyone. He may be the best skilled CB in the draft.

Matt Elam - this guy is huge and is more agile and athletic than I thought. He may not be an interception machine, but this guy will be a difference maker with his big time tackling abilities.

David Amerson - I said before that teams might look at him as a safety because of his hips, but I he showed today that he isn't as stiff and has the agility and skills to be a successful CB in the NFL.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I like Elam better than Vacarro,i just dont trust Vacarro at all.

DFWJC

Reaction score
JonJon;5009737 said:
David Amerson - I said before that teams might look at him as a safety because of his hips, but I he showed today that he isn't as stiff and has the agility and skills to be a successful CB in the NFL.
Could be a good value pick in the 4th.

I think he can possibly play FS in this scheme.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Vacarro's 4.59 is slower than I expected by quite a bit since he was expected to post sub 4.5.

Amerson, to me, is very intriguing as a FS. Complete ballhawk but is a bit stiff-hipped.

ThrowuptheXDez88

Reaction score
reddyuta;5009763 said:
I like Elam better than Vacarro,i just dont trust Vacarro at all.

What makes you say this?? Elam hits you with his shoulders & is an arm tackler at times, while Vaccaro wraps up with great technique & is pretty versatile when it comes to being able to line up everywhere on any given play. Vaccaro's 40 shouldn't be a concern either, he plays very quick on gameday.

TheFinisher

Reaction score
Earl Wolff is so underrated, should have opened some eyes with that 4.37. Great Safety prospect.

cowboysooner

Reaction score
TheFinisher;5009820 said:
Earl Wolff is so underrated, should have opened some eyes with that 4.37. Great Safety prospect.

I like him too. There are more good safeties in this draft than the last 2 put together.

cowboysfan31

Reaction score
He's not my favorite safety prospect but I'm surprised Shamarko Thomas of Syracuse isn't getting more attention for his performance. 4.42 40, 28 bench reps, and a 40.5 vertical is pretty impressive. His height is a slightly limiting factor though.

TheFinisher

Reaction score
cowboysooner;5009839 said:
I like him too. There are more good safeties in this draft than the last 2 put together.

I agree, there's about a dozen or so that can play on Sundays. We better pick one up at some point.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TheFinisher;5009820 said:

Player Wolff, Earl
School N.C. State
Height 5'11
Weight 209
Forty --
Forty (unofficial) 4.37
Ten 1.49
Bench DNP
Vert 39
Broad --
Arm 31 1/2

TheFinisher

Reaction score
cowboysfan31;5009848 said:
He's not my favorite safety prospect but I'm surprised Shamarko Thomas of Syracuse isn't getting more attention for his performance. 4.42 40, 28 bench reps, and a 40.5 vertical is pretty impressive. His height is a slightly limiting factor though.

He caught my eye watching the USC game live, really good player and I agree with the Bob Sanders comparisons.

ThrowuptheXDez88

Reaction score

He'll get more attention for what he achieved when they recap the day, but it's obvious scouts aren't a fan of the guy as a football player & that's what matters most.

TheFinisher

Reaction score
xwalker;5009855 said:
Player Wolff, Earl
School N.C. State
Height 5'11
Weight 209
Forty --
Forty (unofficial) 4.37
Ten 1.49
Bench DNP
Vert 39
Broad --
Arm 31 1/2

39 inch vert is impressive too, supports what you see on film. Explosive player.

TheFinisher

Reaction score
UncFelix28;5009857 said:
He'll get more attention for what he achieved when they recap the day, but it's obvious scouts aren't a fan of the guy as a football player & that's what matters most.

Where is that obvious? I've heard and read a lot of positive reviews on Thomas. Biggest question is the height but the outstanding athleticism will help balance that out. Coming into today people loved him as a football player but questioned the measurables, he answered those questions imo.

RS12

Reaction score

Thomas Everett was small but one of the best safties the Cowboy ever had IMO.

Tezz

Reaction score
The 40 times for CBs is very important and a lot of them ran well. I think Millner, Xavier Rhodes and Desmond Trufant are now probably 1st rounders as they addressed their deep speed. Johnathon Banks ran a disappointing time and will probably get hurt the most if he cant improve during his pro day.