Random Speculation: Chargers to sign Prescott?

garyo1954

Reaction score
USA today was designed for widespread distribution (most Hotels provide it free of charge).

Don't confuse it with being a top journalistic entity like the Washington Post, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, etc..

It's comical that you would even reference USA today in high regard.

I have no "fear" of anyone or entity from an intellectual perspective and definitely not from USA today. That would be like Belichick being accused of fearing Jason Garrett as a coach...

Whether you like what USA Today writes or not, it is a national paper.

And if you have no fear of what it writes then why do you want to shut down discussion? Fear is when you shut down those who share different opinions than yours. Calling for the Chinese people to stop talking about the coronavirus is a fear. A fear of the truth. And truth is not just something read in the Washington Post, or the NY Times.

DHCBF66

Reaction score
Although I don't necessarily agree, consider that non-quarterbacks such as LT Laremy Tunsil and CB Jalen Ramsey were dealt last year in packages that included two first-rounders as the article points out.......

"Sign Dak Prescott:
Crazy, right? Let's play it out. If the Dallas Cowboys continue to drag their feet on a long-term extension for their two-time Pro Bowler, they'll certainly place the franchise tag on him in the coming weeks. And if they put the non-exclusive tag on Prescott — unlikely, yes, if they go to the trouble of franchising him — the Chargers would be wise to start scheming. Prescott, 26, has further upside despite throwing for 4,902 yards and 30 TDs in 2019. There are a ton of Cowboys fans in Southern California (and everywhere), which is why Dallas holds training camp there annually — keeping Chargers Prescott jerseys in inventory might be tough."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...m-brady-or-dak-prescott-head-to-la/ar-BBZZYdq
I love how people keep blaming Jerry for not getting a deal done when Dak was offered $33 but he thinks hes worth more, hes not, his greed is why he is not signed!

Kaiser

Reaction score
You're giving Jerry too much credit. He lamented missing out on Lynch because he wanted him. He wanted Johnny Football but everyone else in the room talked him out of it. He gave us Quincy Carter.

Quincy is Jerry's fault. 100%.

Jerry wanting Manziel is an urban legend based mostly on the pre draft smoke screens that every team puts out. Jerry could have overruled everyone and draft Manziel over Martin and he didn't.

Jerry's comments on Paxton Lynch was that he made an offer but didn't overpay, then wondered if he should have overpaid. He didn't. And just because Paxton Lynch tanked in Denver doesn't mean he would have done the same thing in Dallas.

Dallas then drafted Dak Prescott, one of biggest QB steals of the last 10 or 20 years. And Dallas could have drafted Lynch and Prescott both, I posted here that they should before that draft.

Bigdog

Reaction score
I wouldn't go that far. I think a few teams would. I think a few teams would be wise to do so. Like if I'm a team that just needs a quarterback....what use is 2 late 1st round picks? Its a small list IMO. Chargers are interesting. They are stacked on both sides of the football. I think he'd be a great fit there honestly. Definitely a upgrade over Phillip Rivers.

But I understand the argument for saying no one would do it. I can see that. I'm a Dak fan but I understand why a team would rather go cheap at quarterback and hope they are as good as Dak as opposed to paying Dak 30-35 million.
Been saying this for a while. I am Dak fan also but just can’t see a team giving up 2 1s and then have to pay him 35 million or more.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Although I don't necessarily agree, consider that non-quarterbacks such as LT Laremy Tunsil and CB Jalen Ramsey were dealt last year in packages that included two first-rounders as the article points out.......

"Sign Dak Prescott:
Crazy, right? Let's play it out. If the Dallas Cowboys continue to drag their feet on a long-term extension for their two-time Pro Bowler, they'll certainly place the franchise tag on him in the coming weeks. And if they put the non-exclusive tag on Prescott — unlikely, yes, if they go to the trouble of franchising him — the Chargers would be wise to start scheming. Prescott, 26, has further upside despite throwing for 4,902 yards and 30 TDs in 2019. There are a ton of Cowboys fans in Southern California (and everywhere), which is why Dallas holds training camp there annually — keeping Chargers Prescott jerseys in inventory might be tough."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...m-brady-or-dak-prescott-head-to-la/ar-BBZZYdq

Here's the big boo boo with this incredible moronic idea. IF, that huge word, IF the Cowboys don't get a log term contract signed before free agency starts the cowboys will place the EXCLUSIVE franchise tag on him so other teams won't be able to drive up the price. The chance of Prescott playing anywhere other than Dallas in 2020 is about the same of the bengals winning Super Bowl LV.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
6 & 17 this year trade Cooper for a 2nd or 3rd.
Trade back with the 6th pick to get an extra 2nd pick or heck maybe even a 1st next year go get Okudah, Lamb, or Juedy in the low teens. Draft another stud at 17 and have 2 2nd rounder or possibly 3 1st rounders next year to get our QB wouldn't be a bad start plus around 55-60 million to spend in FA.

Mini Herschel Walker trade by trading both those players to rebuild this team.

First thank God you have zero to do with the Cowboys. Next NO team is going to trade for Cooper who is a free agent in about a month. According to NFL rules teams can not trade players that are tagged with a non-exclusive or transitional tags. So just how are the Cowboys going to trade players that will be free agents in about a month? You can trade a player with the exclusive franchise tag and teams only get one of those a season and that has happen exact twice since the cap started. What team is going to give up all of those picks just to get negotiating right to pay those 2 players. Here's the HUGE, repeat HUGE difference between your moronic idea and the Walker trade. First Walker was BEFORE the salary cap started and second when Walker was traded he still had THREE years left on his current contract. Please stop playing wannabe GM. Not very good at it at all.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Did you read the article? It's written by USA today writer, Nate Davis.
You know what that means? Yeah, it's not speculation by some "stupid Dak hater."

Any reporter who doesn't quote an actual source is just SPECULATING and that and 3 bucks will get you a cup of coffee at Star Bucks.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
3pfgu0.jpg
https://imgflip.com/memegenerator

Silverstar

Reaction score
March 10th can't get here fast enough.
https://lh3.***BROKEN***/proxy/j4bmuIhm44tOPXe1LanOh8XAhw5X-EdiF6niT2kH8C81i5oCXaS8fdJD0AIUUJKSb9NDVle9puBwxAbRW3RFy-ujQbjHsPfsyon89oE2Reazo7Lxj_bedpzU89v2qX7zdM4

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
6 & 17 this year trade Cooper for a 2nd or 3rd.
Trade back with the 6th pick to get an extra 2nd pick or heck maybe even a 1st next year go get Okudah, Lamb, or Juedy in the low teens. Draft another stud at 17 and have 2 2nd rounder or possibly 3 1st rounders next year to get our QB wouldn't be a bad start plus around 55-60 million to spend in FA.

Mini Herschel Walker trade by trading both those players to rebuild this team.
Cant trade unsigned players