Twitter: Randy Gregory comments about Jerry

Jarntt

Reaction score
I don't often defend Jerry but screw Gregory. If anyone should be somewhat humble and grateful after how the past 7 years went with him it's Gregory. Plus if someone needs to let go it sure seems like Gregory is the one who can't let go of Dallas IMO. Dude has rabbit ears for everything Cowboys.

As far as losing him goes, he had 6 sacks in his best year. How would people feel if we spent $14M per on a guy from another team who isn't great against the run and who amassed only 16.5 sacks in 7 years. Good riddance,. He's Denver's problem now.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
you know that story about the turtle and the snake and crossing the lake? The fault resides with the turtle as well as the snake
Ahh, so, Jerry was just as responsible for Gregory being over and over for violating the NFL substance abuse policy. Are we saying Jerry was his dealer? Or that he applied peer pressure to get Gregory repeatedly use banned drugs?

The man missed most of 2016, all of 2017 and all of 2019 because of his issues. Explain how that is even partially Jerry's fault.

By the way, why would you blame either the turtle or the snake for crossing the lake? They don't have anything to do with each other.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Ahh, so, Jerry was just as responsible for Gregory being over and over for violating the NFL substance abuse policy. Are we saying Jerry was his dealer? Or that he applied peer pressure to get Gregory repeatedly use banned drugs?

The man missed most of 2016, all of 2017 and all of 2019 because of his issues. Explain how that is even partially Jerry's fault.

By the way, why would you blame either the turtle or the snake for crossing the lake? They don't have anything to do with each other.

I would say Jerry has responsibility for allowing it to continue, Jerry should have cut him after getting suspended in 2017. Giving a guy another chance is one thing but Jerry continued with more chances that lead to the Cowboys continuing to use resources at DE when they could have focused on other areas. I think it ironic that Gregory was offended by the clause in the contract, he earned that clause by his own actions.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I think both parties have some hurt feelings regarding how things ended based on what is being said. The truth probably lies somewhere in the middle, but Jerry is right about questioning availability vs money invested. But it's clear they were still interested in bringing him back with those numbers.

My take remains the same that I'm not dissapointed letting a player go with 16.5 career sacks with injury concerns on top of missed time for not being committed to staying on the field.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You haven’t been listening to Jerry and SJ and Fat Mike have you? MP is not going to be a full time edge guy. We are going to watch the best pass rusher in the league be stuck in the middle of the field.
I think that's up to the DC. I imagine it depends on who we draft, and what needs they fill.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Denver could be most improved team this season. And in the toughest division.

visionary

Reaction score
I would say Jerry has responsibility for allowing it to continue, Jerry should have cut him after getting suspended in 2017. Giving a guy another chance is one thing but Jerry continued with more chances that lead to the Cowboys continuing to use resources at DE when they could have focused on other areas. I think it ironic that Gregory was offended by the clause in the contract, he earned that clause by his own actions.

wasted rd 2 pick
wasted roster spot for years
wasted money
laboring under the false idea that we are ok at DE

several forms of waste because Jerry wanted to be a hero

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
LOL, grow up
NFL is a business
Jerry is an idiot and doesn’t understand that
"Grow up," says one who can't handle the truth.

Yes, the NFL is a business..., and Jerry has proven he can create the richest sports team in the whole world. So, who is an idiot? SMH

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Randy should have given Dallas the last look given how loyal they were to him. That said he knows he has a better shot at winning in Denver. It worked out well for the other 94.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
wasted rd 2 pick
wasted roster spot for years
wasted money
laboring under the false idea that we are ok at DE

several forms of waste because Jerry wanted to be a hero

I agree and I strongly opposed it. As I said I get giving a guy a 2nd chance but when I do I expect that man to stand up and take advantage of that chance.

CWR

Reaction score
Gregory has zero loyalty. I'm well aware players chase money, as anyone would. However, this was different. Gregory would've washed out had this stubborn FO not kept him involved in football while he worked his way through his demons.

If he had an ounce of class he'd just be quiet at this point. He did what he did and got his contract. Ownership has good reason to feel "scorned."

CWR

Reaction score
Randy should have given Dallas the last look given how loyal they were to him. That said he knows he has a better shot at winning in Denver. It worked out well for the other 94.

I agree, Dallas deserved the last shot. I'm not sure he has a better chance at winning in Denver though. The AFC is a beast and his division is a gauntlet.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
True he left a very favorable supportive bubble for who knows what ?
Could have been a win/win situation for him to resign here.
There's a few shady things with this situation, so I don't want to blame just one person. Oftentimes there are a few people. I would have rather he stayed in Dallas because I was a fan of him, even though he had some brain-dead moments. And he was pretty good, just one less position this team needs to build.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I agree, Dallas deserved the last shot. I'm not sure he has a better chance at winning in Denver though. The AFC is a beast and his division is a gauntlet.
I just think Denver can win especially with Wilson. With the Jones family in charge Dallas is going nowhere.