Twitter: Randy Gregory comments about Jerry

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I'm on Jerry's side. The man puts up with a lot from some of these players. And gives more chances then they deserve at times. The man has a heart. Change my mind!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would say Jerry has responsibility for allowing it to continue, Jerry should have cut him after getting suspended in 2017. Giving a guy another chance is one thing but Jerry continued with more chances that lead to the Cowboys continuing to use resources at DE when they could have focused on other areas. I think it ironic that Gregory was offended by the clause in the contract, he earned that clause by his own actions.
I absolutely agree Jerry has responsibility for letting it continue, but in the context we were discussing was why Gregory would be upset with Jerry. As you noted, Gregory really has nothing to be upset with Jerry for.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I absolutely agree Jerry has responsibility for letting it continue, but in the context we were discussing was why Gregory would be upset with Jerry. As you noted, Gregory really has nothing to be upset with Jerry for.

I agree, I felt Jerry was more than generous with the deal he put up for Gregory and it the same deal he got with Denver, except for the clause in the deal, given his past I think it was just on jerry part

blueblood70

Reaction score
This is exactly what Jerry deserves. More embarrassment. He took another project in the second round that nobody else was going to take that high and look what happened.

I watched the draft press conference with jerry, stephen, and Mike... The three stooges. Jerry and Steven looked depressed, tired, not as excited. This is all is getting to them.
:lmao2:hes not embarrassed ,at all feeling relieved

HE CHOSE TO NOT KEEP RG BY PURPOSFULLY ADDING THE CLAUSE, the very much needed clause and either RG took it or didn't. ..lmao some of you are tripping over your emotions a bit hard,,.:popcorn:RG is poster boy for needing a clause like this. this was smart move...:espn:

J_Allen

Reaction score

HE CHOSE TO NOT KEEP RG BY PURPOSFULLY ADDING THE CLAUSE, the very much needed clause and either RG took it or didn't. ..lmao some of you are tripping over your emotions a bit hard,,.:popcorn:RG is poster boy for needing a clause like this. this was smart move...:espn:

If he chose not to keep him he would not have offered him a contract in the first place.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score

Why was it a "very much needed clause"?

The only thing Gregory has ever been suspended for is no longer a suspendable offense. There is no evidence to support the clause as being needed.

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
if you guys are making fun of Jerry here, wow lol. Guy said he DID NOT want to offer the same gaurantee's. You clowns are saying shut up we offered the same contract??? We did not, we offered the same contract with that clause because of his history of drug use and availability, the owner did not want to free up the salary cap without the clause because he knew that RG was an overpay and had history - how is anyone siding with someone who used our team financially to benefit himself with little to no production.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Why was it a "very much needed clause"?

The only thing Gregory has ever been suspended for is no longer a suspendable offense. There is no evidence to support the clause as being needed.

doesnt mean he wont, i mean LC got suspended i mean alcohol and weed maybe allowable but players still get in trouble ie DUIS , get in fights or worse domestics etc we don't know what going on behind closed doors..my point is if jerry wanted the guy bad enough, he wouldn't have put or kept the clause in ,,this was Jerrys decision 100%.. hes not regretting it one bit..he wanted insurance on handing guy like RG that type of money,

IF RG wasn't going to get suspended, if he was that confident, why not sigh it then??lmao :rolleyes:o_O.he not even confident in himself so much it offended him it was there..if you aren't worried you just blow it off.

hes already in the habitual suspender category means each suspension would be far worse than the last one=high risk.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
doesnt mean he wont, i mean LC got suspended i mean alcohol and weed maybe allowable but players still get in trouble ie DUIS , get in fights or worse domestics etc we don't know what going on behind closed doors..my point is if jerry wanted the guy bad enough, he wouldn't have put or kept the clause in ,,this was Jerrys decision 100%.. hes not regretting it one bit..he wanted insurance on handing guy like RG that type of money,

IF RG wasn't going to get suspended, if he was that confident, why not sigh it then??lmao :rolleyes:o_O.he not even confident in himself so much it offended him it was there..if you aren't worried you just blow it off.

hes already in the habitual suspender category means each suspension would be far worse than the last one=high risk.
My point is that Gregory is no longer more of a suspension risk than any other player yet people keep acting as if he is.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Let's not forget Gregory is bipolar, which in and of itself carries risk.
Valid point. I don't know enough about him to have an opinion on that.

I don't have strong feelings one way or the other on his departure. I think it comes down to if Jerry really wanted him here he'd be here. If Gregory really wanted to be here, he'd be here. I don't think either Jerry or Gregory owe each other anything.

treykin32

Reaction score
This should be a lesson to Jerry that his loyalty to certain players doesn't go both ways. How much was wasted on Gregory? But Jerry isn't going to learn.

Nothing was wasted on Randy but a roster spot. It is all business from organization to player. Dez was loyal to this organization, & he would have taken less to stay. However, Jerry let him go. Stop being mad bc players will not sell themselves cheap & give a discount to put their body on the line for an organization that will throw you away first chance they get. He owes this organization nothing. He played himself in position to get paid, & he got paid. His contract from Denver clearly shows what one will not do, another one will. Glad he got his money & an organization that really believes in him.

nobody

Reaction score
Nothing was wasted on Randy but a roster spot. It is all business from organization to player. Dez was loyal to this organization, & he would have taken less to stay. However, Jerry let him go. Stop being mad bc players will not sell themselves cheap & give a discount to put their body on the line for an organization that will throw you away first chance they get. He owes this organization nothing. He played himself in position to get paid, & he got paid. His contract from Denver clearly shows what one will not do, another one will. Glad he got his money & an organization that really believes in him.

That's a narrow view to take given that Gregory likely wouldn't be in the NFL if Jerry hadn't stuck with him. At one point he was suspended indefinitely. That being said, a wasted roster spot and the effort Jerry spent on Gregory could have been better spent on a player whose mind was on football and not drugs.

I don't fault Gregory for leaving. I'm glad he's gone though. I was just stating that Jerry's way doesn't work. Most of the players view it as a business, and Jerry should more regularly too. Gregory did nothing to merit what Jerry did for him. Armstrong's numbers were similar to Gregory's. I'm not on anyone's side here.

blueblood70

Reaction score
My point is that Gregory is no longer more of a suspension risk than any other player yet people keep acting as if he is.
and my pont he is he would get more then the minimum think deeper once you've been suspended a few times the games are longer. Could get year next one..So YES HE IS and if hes not worried he would have inked the deal with the clause, he did owe jerry that fact..hes dead to me now can care less what happens the rest of his career. Fowler will easily fill RGs role , hes had a far more productive career,

we wont miss his 6 sacks. I like the guy but he underachieved his entire career. A guy who we cut in Quinn has 101 career sacks and 18.5 last year that more then Gegory's entire career yet our fans said hes one trick pony and wanted him not resigned. This is why fans aren't gms..they think emotionally instead of rationally.