Twitter: Randy Gregory expected to meet with NFL this week

Billyd

Reaction score
Gregory likely reinstated. Jaylon with no brace and looking like a beast.

Those second round gambles that everyone likes to ridicule could very well help this defense take the next step this season.

DUDE the fact that Gregory is meeting with the Nfl, is Enough to ridicule him.for years..Gregory is a fail no matter what happens!

Billyd

Reaction score
I'd say we're set at DE with Tank, Taco, Ealy, Crawford and Tapper. Not sure there'd really be any snaps for Gregory unless he's just in phenomenal shape.

I concur. I DONT see gregory beating out tank, taco, ealy or crawford..Tapper maybe..

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
On the flipside of your post about people that ridicule............if we had foresite and know what we know now, would it be worth the gamble of a second rd pick? Keep in mind, Gregory will already be towards the tail end of his rookie contract and produced nothing.

If I had a do over today I wouldn't draft either player. I don't think many fans would.

Billyd

Reaction score
I m taking the stance of not expecting Gregory to be on this team in September..If he is and its NOT because JJ demanded it, Then i dont really expect much from him then either!

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I'd say we're set at DE with Tank, Taco, Ealy, Crawford and Tapper. Not sure there'd really be any snaps for Gregory unless he's just in phenomenal shape.
Maybe, we are set but, Taco, Ealy, Crawford,Tapper, and Gregory have yet to be more than mediocre in the NFL. Hopefully 1 or 2 of them will make a big jump this year. I predict it will be Tapper and Gregory.

cern

Reaction score
Vamos a ver. I can see Goodell reinstating him as an olive branch to Jerry and company after last year. We treated roger well during the draft.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
No way you can count on Ealy or Tapper.......and you forgot Armstrong

cern

Reaction score
Tapper is an injury looking for a place to happen. Gregory was projected to be taken between picks 5-10. Hope he's finally seen the light.

Wolf2k5

Reaction score
If he’s reinstated how many years will we still have his rights on rookie deal?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
On the flipside of your post about people that ridicule............if we had foresite and know what we know now, would it be worth the gamble of a second rd pick? Keep in mind, Gregory will already be towards the tail end of his rookie contract and produced nothing.

Gregory only has one accrued season. He's not a free agent for 3 more years.

3 more years of rights for a top 10 pick, demonstrably clean for a long period of time, for the price of a 60 pick and commensurately cheaper salary and cap hit. Draft value multiple of 4-5. That's called having your long shot come in.

Jaylon only has one accrued season too. 3 more years. Consensus top 5 pick.

And the red shirt years let those guys train and get closer to their prime.

Jackpots.

Toro9

Reaction score
Gregory only has one accrued season. He's not a free agent for 3 more years.

3 more years of rights for a top 10 pick, demonstrably clean for a long period of time, for the price of a 60 pick and commensurately cheaper salary and cap hit. Draft value multiple of 4-5. That's called having your long shot come in.

Jaylon only has one accrued season too. 3 more years. Consensus top 5 pick.

And the red shirt years let those guys train and get closer to their prime.

Jackpots.
Looks like you're right. https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/20...accrued-season-free-agency-reinstatement/amp/