Twitter: Randy Gregory expected to meet with NFL this week

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I'd say your train of thought is more moronic.

We could have 50 years of service time left, genius. I wouldn't draft either player in a do over.
That is why your post is dumb

Your hubris would dump 6 years of Top 10 talent

Just admit you might be wrong and be happy

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Jaylon and Gregory could have already missed out on the team's best opportunity to win a title in their career. We'll see if they get another shot as good as the one in 2016, when the defense was sorely needing talent on the defensive side of the ball.
Jaylon and Gregory as healthy rookies doesn't get us into the SB let alone a win

That is some of the most Chicken Little hindsighting I have ever seen

glimmerman

Reaction score
Let’s see what happens. With goodell nothing is a slam dunk but he should let him back in. He is gonna have to get to work for sure. He is basically starting over again. I heard he has been training.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I didn't make them Top 10 talents

They did that themselves

it is just the Haters here at CZ that root for them to fail

First, I used no hindsight. What I did was claim that they may not have as good of a shot in the future as they did in 2016. I mean, we had home field advantage in 2007 and took another 9 years to get it again? This has to do with (lack of) confidence in the team. I did not boldly claim they would have won had they been able to play.

Second, I'm not disputing their talent.

Third, I am not rooting for them to fail.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
First, I used no hindsight. What I did was claim that they may not have as good of a shot in the future as they did in 2016. I mean, we had home field advantage in 2007 and took another 9 years to get it again? This has to do with (lack of) confidence in the team. I did not boldly claim they would have won had they been able to play.

Second, I'm not disputing their talent.

Third, I am not rooting for them to fail.
Best team ever going forward........with a rookie QB and RB???

C'mon .....that was not the best team Dak will take to the Playoffs.....that is absurd

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Best team ever going forward........with a rookie QB and RB???

C'mon .....that was not the best team Dak will take to the Playoffs.....that is absurd
It may not be, but will we have home field advantage and an injured team with a depleted defense coming into town?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That is why your post is dumb

Your hubris would dump 6 years of Top 10 talent

Just admit you might be wrong and be happy

It isn't the service time that was costly in either situation. It was not having potential impact players available on defense during the seasons they were unavailable or were only partially available.

Both Gregory and Smith were taken high enough in the draft than another impact defender or two could have made the difference in a post season bid or in a playoff game. Another edge rusher or impact rookie defender in that 2016 season might have made that one play we needed to stop Aaron Rodgers. Or even maybe helped us steal a game or two last season that could have gotten us into the postseason. It's great that we could possibly have both back and the rights to each for a couple more seasons going forward. It's like found money. But for a team that could have used just a little bit more athleticism the year before last, it was expensive to lose that money in the first place.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
It isn't the service time that was costly in either situation. It was not having potential impact players available on defense during the seasons they were unavailable or were only partially available.

Both Gregory and Smith were taken high enough in the draft than another impact defender or two could have made the difference in a post season bid or in a playoff game. Another edge rusher or impact rookie defender in that 2016 season might have made that one play we needed to stop Aaron Rodgers. Or even maybe helped us steal a game or two last season that could have gotten us into the postseason. It's great that we could possibly have both back and the rights to each for a couple more seasons going forward. It's like found money. But for a team that could have used just a little bit more athleticism the year before last, it was expensive to lose that money in the first place.
You are way overrating the impact of 2nd round picks on rookie deals

ARod eats them for lunch.....it is a silly exercise

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
This. When Goodell agrees to reinstate Gordon months after Gordon failed another test after submitting his application for reinstatement, Gregory should be a no-brainer to be resinstated.

Especially since he was in rehab when he missed the previous drug test, as he claims. If he has the paperwork to back his claims up and, better yet, a rehab counselor to vouch for him, this should be an easy reinstatement for Goodell.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
With ARod as the opposing QB?
Let’s revist so I can understand where your issue with my point is so we can be on the same page.

I claimed Smith and Gregory could have missed out on the Cowboy’s best shot at a title in their career. You said that was chicken little hindsight and absurd.

So, are you claiming there will definitely be a better opportunity for them to win with the Cowboys before they leave the team and it is not possible 2016 could have been their best shot?

I would love for you to be right and would also love to take a peak at that crystal ball. I’ll buy the drinks. :thumbup:

Last edited:

Iago33

Reaction score

It's like finding $75 in your jeans after throwing $100 out the window.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's like finding $75 in your jeans after throwing $100 out the window.

The weekend after you just might have gotten lucky if you’d only had that extra hundo when you needed it.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Let’s revist so I can understand where your issue with my point is so we can be on the same page.

I claimed Smith and Gregory could have missed out on the Cowboy’s best shot at a title in their career. You said that was chicken little hindsight and absurd.

So, are you claiming there will definitely be a better opportunity for them to win with the Cowboys before they leave the team and it is not possible 2016 could have been their best shot?

I would love for you to be right and would also love to take a peak at that crystal ball. I’ll buy the drinks. :thumbup:
It wasn't just you I was responding to......but a few posters lumping together on the Jaylon and Gregory cost us a Super Bowl idiocricy....it wasn't even the NFCCG that we lost so pump them brakes

And rookie defenders don't beat ARod in Jan...... we had a chance to win but blew it as a team

But GB didn't win the SB so extrapolating a win for us is wishcasting at its best....so you can dust off your own Magic 8Ball

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
It wasn't just you I was responding to......but a few posters lumping together on the Jaylon and Gregory cost us a Super Bowl idiocricy....it wasn't even the NFCCG that we lost so pump them brakes

And rookie defenders don't beat ARod in Jan...... we had a chance to win but blew it as a team

But GB didn't win the SB so extrapolating a win for us is wishcasting at its best....so you can dust off your own Magic 8Ball

Yes, and unfortunately, our coaches completely butchered our chance of winning on our last drive. We didn't need to do anything massive. Just simply march down the field like we did against Pittsburgh. It was almost like our coaches completely forgot how we beat Pittsburgh in that situation.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score

OK, makes sense.

I don't know if they cost us a SB. I just know we needed defensive help, and the top 10 talents couldn't have hurt. Keep in mind, Gregory would have been a 2nd year player. Jaylon would have been a rookie. I understand that if we didn't draft Jaylon we would have only gotten a 2nd round talent that would have been available in his place. Gregory could have been available though if he were to have remained clean.

cern

Reaction score
I would not have taken jaylon or Randy. But since we did, I can only hope both have classic fairy tale endings and have great careers and live happily ever after. Not really much in to "told you so". Especially since the denouement has yet to be written.

Last edited: