Twitter: Randy Gregory is onto his next chapter

jnday

Reaction score
Whether he has a good year or not.....Gregory has won as a human being. I respect him getting his life on track and doing whatever it takes he can do.
I haves always liked Gregory, but what has he done different to straighten up his life? The rules changed to help his situation, but did Randy change ?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I haves always liked Gregory, but what has he done different to straighten up his life? The rules changed to help his situation, but did Randy change ?
I said it to someone earlier but this guy two years ago was working for Amazon. The NFL turned their back on him and he could've easily been another statistic. He suffered anxiety issues real bad and I'd assume he still suffers them. But i've heard nothing about not coming to play and nothing about him being late or not coming to OTA's to practice. He also started seeing a psychologist for his issues. I think his battles were more than simply just weed.

chagus

Reaction score
Has anyone watched Randy's recent press conference? Man... it looks like he's wearing shoulder pads! Plus, his ability to convey his thoughts... he's so well spoken and it sounds like he's incredibly focused as well (if anyone wrote him off, watch this press conference and man will change your mind about how you felt about him). I'm REALLY looking forward to his play this season! Just might get his jersey.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Its like having an eligible Aldon Smith in his prime.
Smith lost some of that time that he could have really dominated, but Gregory has the opportunity to embrace his prime and the athletic ability to dominate... exciting player that will be a focal point even though he thinks the media is going to back off, they wont.
ummmmmmmmmmmmm

i like RG and wish him the best moving forward but Aldon had one of the best first 4 years of a DE EVER in the NFL more then a sack a game average nd was big time ..RG is paying catchup..

IMO RG reminds me of a Ware similar body an skills but fell short over off field issues..

if he can give us some Ware type years that would be great,,

AS lost out on being a LT type HOF player because of his absence but for sure was still regarded as one of the best to play in his era..look at his numbers RG can play 10 more years and never catch up to AS..

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
I remember reading how intelligent he is. It's easy for people to make an assumption about his intellect because of his issues with marijuana/suspensions. That doesn't appear to be the case though. He seems to be a good person, capable of doing great things, but has been held back by his own demons in the past. I hope he dominates this year.

I'm too lazy to look but if I remember correctly he scored second only to Romo on his Wonderlick test. I don't get all the hate on him. We love Charles Haley around here because we wouldn't have sniffed (Troy's words) a Super Bowl without him, but he used to smack people upside the head with his junk in the locker room. I LOVE me some Michael Irvin, who I think was the heart and soul of that team, and he's done worse than Randy.

Reactions: CWR