Twitter: Randy Gregory responding to Cowboys fans

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
Also mentioned in article Jerry acted in bad faith

Wait....Randy Gregory is suggesting someone acted in bad faith. That's like saying, "I don’t believe in plastic surgery But in your case (not you personally)Go ahead.”

Dre11

Reaction score
I showed you Florio had a direct, on-record source. Who from the Cowboys provided information to dispute the agent's claim on record? Who? Does anyone you quote have a name? That would be a no. L.

Wow..say it ain't so, Floria don't have a "direct source"
Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Smith and the Ravens had agreed on a contract per the basic terms (four years, $35 million), with incentives that would have pushed the total value to $50 million. Then, the player decided to back out.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Wow..say it ain't so, Floria don't have a "direct source"
Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Smith and the Ravens had agreed on a contract per the basic terms (four years, $35 million), with incentives that would have pushed the total value to $50 million. Then, the player decided to back out.

No idea why you'd post this in response to my question as to whether in this case we're discussing there was a Cowboys source on record like Florio got from Gregory's side. Oh yeah, I know, because your answer is no, you don't want to say no, and this makes for an interesting diversion side point I wasn't making. The answer to the post you quoted is no, correct? Yes or no.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No it wasnt 100% on Stephen or Jerry. Randy wanted out because the Jones was willing to change it and he said f them. He didn't want to be here while h is fine, but don't make it look like they did something wrong, when it's been a standard practice for all players.

Dre--- you were not there....actually neither was I....but i listened to a person who listened to a person that was there.....yes they did at that last second decide ...but how it was handled was very poorly

and Randy felt supremely "Dissed"....good managers done wait until last second to make changes...dont wait until deadlines for every contract.....could have saved so many millions had we signed Dak 2

years ago...but we have to play the game of Chisleling them first.....it can really tick a player off especially if they are being hit hard by opposing players.....normally i just say it's an ugly business but this

year cowboy front office especially incompetent cause they dont respect all players....hope Randy balls out....hope Lael Collins balls out..another fantastic lineman we failed to manage successfully

we lost Cooper and Ced Wilson....not both man.....but it all will be swept under the rug like every year...and we will be good enough to maybe make playoffs but we do not have winning culture that raises

its play come playoffs...so we will most likely crumple as usual.....27 years now....other teams are incompetent but other teams are not super rich with media drooling over them for extra cash....hey dre

you want to blame players go ahead....come football season i will transform into Cowboys Homer and defend my cowboys....cause i am a sick man...and you probably aint too far behind

FiveSuperBowls

Reaction score
If Jerry wouldn’t have put up with him all these years, Gregory would have been picked up by another team, and another, and another.

plymkr

Reaction score
Loyalty is a casualty of the NFL's free agency system and it goes both ways. The player we love today is the player we root against tomorrow.

The players position is hey! Am I supposed to be loyal to your team or to my family? I'm making a living here and the other team is offering more incentives to play for them.

There is as changing dynamic in NFL fandom. Free agency, fantasy football, and social media have played a part in the shift from rooting for a team to rooting for specific players and following them around the league.

I would say that there is a downward shift in the entire concept of loyalty from the perspectives of both fans and players.

As for Gregory, I don't see him making a great impact for the Broncos. First of all, he got paid.

Secondly, the season is 17 games long, not 4. Five of his six sacks came during a four game block in the middle of their six game winning streak early in the season as did 11 of his 17 QB hits and two of his three forced fumbles.. Three of his four tackles for losses also came during that four game block. It was as if he knew he had done just enough to get a contract and skated the rest of the way.

As for the other 13 games, Gregory was out for five of them. His remaining productivity for the other eight games, which is half of a season, was one sack, six QB hits, one forced fumble, and one tackle for a loss.

Gregory played in three of the Cowboys losses in which he had a total of zero sacks, one tackle for a loss, two QB hits and zero forced fumbles. He was a total non-factor.

Gregory spent a quarter of the season playing at a Pro Bowl level, a quarter of the season hurt, and half of the season he was the Invisible Man.
Great post! Again I feel we didn't lose Reggie White or Aaron Donald here. We lost a role player who played a bit better (at times) then expected. But he definitely didn't show up at crunch time and I would argue he was a liability in the playoffs. I don't believe it's a good idea to sign playoff liabilities. Not if we want to get over the hump.

birdwells1

Reaction score
He said he was coming here, and then used the language excuse. The cowboys said they'd remove it and he still left.
Ok I didn't read where the Cowboys said that they would remove the language. Thanks

Mattitude

Reaction score
He has still kept the tweets up. What a piece of garbage. I can understand venting about some of the jerks that say something about you but he should come to his better senses and realize trashing a whole fan base just makes him seem like he’s not past his problems

nobody

Reaction score
The man has personal demons. Jerry stuck with him but he wanted a place where he felt he could legally enjoy what he feels helps alleviate those personal demons. I can't blame him for that. However, responding to fans online with his commentary? Low class.

Glad he's gone.

plymkr

Reaction score
The man has personal demons. Jerry stuck with him but he wanted a place where he felt he could legally enjoy what he feels helps alleviate those personal demons. I can't blame him for that. However, responding to fans online with his commentary? Low class.

Glad he's gone.
RG does have personal demons. Mental health is no joke. I hope he deals with his demons in a positive way so when his playing career is over he'll be a healthy individual. I hope for the best but I'm also glad he's gone. Lumping all Cowboys fans into one group based of a couple of idiots is low and it shows what kind of person he is in the present moment. Hopefully he grows as a person but I'm glad he'll be growing somewhere else. On the field I don't think we'll miss him. He was a non factor until DQ coached him up and I feel DQ can get the same results from Armstrong and Fowler.

Dre11

Reaction score
No idea why you'd post this in response to my question as to whether in this case we're discussing there was a Cowboys source on record like Florio got from Gregory's side. Oh yeah, I know, because your answer is no, you don't want to say no, and this makes for an interesting diversion side point I wasn't making. The answer to the post you quoted is no, correct? Yes or no.

The point is most information come from unamed sources, they don't give out sources, just because Jane,Fish, or Werder didn't name their source doesn't mean the information is false or legit, and just because IN THIS CASE the agent gave his side does t mean it's legit or not. In fact, by him coming on the record he made himself look even more clueless. Let's not be stupid here

Dre11

Reaction score
Dre--- you were not there....actually neither was I....but i listened to a person who listened to a person that was there.....yes they did at that last second decide ...but how it was handled was very poorly

and Randy felt supremely "Dissed"....good managers done wait until last second to make changes...dont wait until deadlines for every contract.....could have saved so many millions had we signed Dak 2

years ago...but we have to play the game of Chisleling them first.....it can really tick a player off especially if they are being hit hard by opposing players.....normally i just say it's an ugly business but this

year cowboy front office especially incompetent cause they dont respect all players....hope Randy balls out....hope Lael Collins balls out..another fantastic lineman we failed to manage successfully

we lost Cooper and Ced Wilson....not both man.....but it all will be swept under the rug like every year...and we will be good enough to maybe make playoffs but we do not have winning culture that raises

its play come playoffs...so we will most likely crumple as usual.....27 years now....other teams are incompetent but other teams are not super rich with media drooling over them for extra cash....hey dre

you want to blame players go ahead....come football season i will transform into Cowboys Homer and defend my cowboys....cause i am a sick man...and you probably aint too far behind

I listened too the reporting too, none of us was there, but we can only go by what we hear, how was it handled poorly? Because they were dealing with getting rid of Cooper, they were busy dealing with Tank to free up money(they were going to cut him for Gregory) they told you they were going to lose Wilson. They brought Gallup back. At the end of the day they matched Gregory money, he accepted, they presented the contract with language that all the contracts have except Dak's, that he negotiated out, Randy's agent either did a poor job reading or on purpose let Randy get in his feeling and they walked, by some reporting, because he rathered him in Denver. They had an agreement.

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
Considering he could very well be sleeping in someone’s couch right now were not for Jerry Jones…..yeah I do believe he owes this team something

This post is very telling. Good riddance imo

don’t need a guy like that in our Locker room
This is a guy who would have rather thrown away an NFL career thank give up weed. That should tell you all you need to know. He doesn’t respect others and believes he should be able to do whatever he wants. In this case he had that right but he should have at least appreciated what the team did for him.

Flamma

Reaction score
Teams dump players that don't have issues.

Well sure, my empty bottle of vodka doesn't have issues, but it's useless to me, so I toss it in the recycle bin. I wasn't referring to those types of players.