Twitter: Randy Gregory responding to Cowboys fans

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Gregory could show a little bit more dam appreciation for what Jerry and the Cowboys did for him, but I guess not.

And Gregory acting like a total dick doesn't mean our front office isn't incompetent either, the contract should have been worked out ahead of time before free agency started.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some fans ARE toxic...and he will learn they exist in every fan base. Broncos country too. He miss his first tackle, first sack, first anything, and all of a sudden he's a bum. With the contract he's gotten, he'll be expected to be superman and he's never shown himself to be that. So good luck with that, Randy.

Fans think players owe them for their cheers over the years. They don't. But I see the posts here and on twitter, fans go in on these players who dare to do something they don't want to do.

So he's not wrong. Sumayahll ARE toxic.

As for the shot at Jerry & co, well that's a more direct shot and is very personal.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Reminds me of the LVE comments about social media after Jaylon was cut.

Worries me if our players are so bothered by the cesspool known as the internet.

What are they thinking when the other team starts talking %#*$# if they're bothered this much by internet trolling.

Gregory isn't a Cowboy anymore, so I'll let him take his head case to his next team.

Cowboys have made a lot of mistakes since the 90's but one thing they have done right is provide a support network for troubled players.

We'll see how well Denver handles Randy. Good luck.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
I've only rooted for a couple of players to fail after they left.

1. Ken Norton, Jr. when he signed with SF after winning back-to-back SuperBowls here. He immediately signed with our biggest rival.
2. Jay Ratilff
3. Randy Gregory is becoming a player that I hope fails

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
He’ll be suspended before the year is out . His love of drugs supersedes all other considerations . He literally told the Cowboys organization that when he refused to sign a contract with a drug clause . He’s also not that good a player , every sack comes with a momentum changing bone headed penalty later on. At this point I don’t get the obsession with this clown.

Rayman70

Reaction score
the fans also make the league viable. Without the fans, they are jobless in the NFL. Randy doesn't need to like it, but thats the facts. He needs to understand how this all works. He clearly didn't get the memo.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Reminds me of the LVE comments about social media after Jaylon was cut.

Worries me if our players are so bothered by the cesspool known as the internet.

What are they thinking when the other team starts talking %#*$# if they're bothered this much by internet trolling.

Gregory isn't a Cowboy anymore, so I'll let him take his head case to his next team.

Cowboys have made a lot of mistakes since the 90's but one thing they have done right is provide a support network for troubled players.

We'll see how well Denver handles Randy. Good luck.
LVE is immature and thinks he has a say in what we think/believe. When the stature and the $ get so big like it has, this turns into their mindset. Results are secondary at this point. This isnt much different than how Randy has been acting. I think its a culture here of coddling in Dallas.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
The point is most information come from unamed sources, they don't give out sources, just because Jane,Fish, or Werder didn't name their source doesn't mean the information is false or legit, and just because IN THIS CASE the agent gave his side does t mean it's legit or not. In fact, by him coming on the record he made himself look even more clueless. Let's not be stupid here

Not saying the agent is definitely 100% honest but is a direct source better than 2nd or 3rd hand sources or not? This is a rhetorical question, not that you'd answer anyway like you haven't for a few posts. The agent is on the record. The Cowboys or "someone" is in the shadows. Again, you ignore Florio's point.

By the way, here's an example of "sources." Lol.

Last edited:

phildadon86

Reaction score
Lol you don't even know what happened and you're yapping, it's been proven that they weren't negotiating in bad faith, the language is in all contracts except 1 including his old contract he signed. Know what you're talking about.
Lol sure thing bud. Why are the cowboys the only team to put that language in? Oh wait…..

ICP

Reaction score
Too bad Randy doesn't understand that the Toxicity stems from the from the Front Office that tried to pull a fast one on him. As much as I dislike the Jones boys I'm glad Gregory is gone. Well, let me rephrase that, I'm glad he's gone instead of staying at the price Dallas was willing to pay. Let Denver deal with paying him during his next suspension.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
He's deleted the tweets now

Must be that air in Denver, got him thinking all crazy:rolleyes:

There was an article in the Athletic just last year where he said he would not be in the NFL without the Jones family.

How Jerry acted like a father to him and helped him through all his struggles and demons.

this... its funny how his own words said it..but now "They did nothing for me"...again i dont care about him leaving as thats fine, whats makes him a tool is the Chicken s way he did instead of just telling Jerry "I want to play for Denver"..ok get after it.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Yep, I'd divert too if I'd gotten busted so plainly, lol. You made my point when you said Gregory wouldn't have gone undrafted previously, meaning he'd have had a chance here or otherwise, so stop. Take the L.

Now Fish is your ace in the hole? Lol. Yeah, you need to listen to what Florio says here regarding "sources." He says he believes the Cowboys were given a chance to change and they didn't. "Massage" is in no way the same as "remove." If the Cowboys said they'd match the contract term for term, they didn't. If he wanted to go to Denver regardless and forget the Cowboys, he wouldn't have agreed to the match in the first place since Denver made the first deal with him, your conspiracy theory notwithstanding. But the contract wasn't a true match and he bolted. Plain and simple.

Still waiting for his Dez Bryant video.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
He’ll be suspended before the year is out . His love of drugs supersedes all other considerations . He literally told the Cowboys organization that when he refused to sign a contract with a drug clause . He’s also not that good a player , every sack comes with a momentum changing bone headed penalty later on. At this point I don’t get the obsession with this clown.
He can't be suspended for weed under the CBA. Only fined.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Yeah I agree that it was a display of Randy's immaturity. I also hope for his sake that someone gets in his ear to save the money he's earned or manage it well. I doubt he'll get another contract so I hope he's not broke in 10 years. I hope for the best for him and I'm relieved he didn't sign with us. This is the type of immature character that hurts our culture. I think it shows weakness when players get into "Twitter wars" with fans or media outlets.
100%
2 things can be true.

1. RG got screwed by NFL who pushed his big money off 3 years with egregious punishment for a common, minimally harmful drug.
2. RG has big ears and is overly sensitive even in a time when he should be celebrating. That is a red flag. And I am grateful it isn't our team making the commitment that gets RG right with his career earnings.

RG tells one story this off-season and totally different one last year this time. He credited the Joneses with him even being in the league just a year ago. Now he is calling them "bad faith actors" --pure agent speak nonsense btw, while admitting they agreed to pay him 28M GTD and 70M over 5 years.
What's clear is he was overly emotional in all this and let "his money get mad".
That is a tenet he could learn from Jerry Jones.

ALSO ::: none of this totally removes blame from the Cowboys FO. They do know Randy. They know other players too that are overly emotional beings. You don't trigger those guys in negotiations and just assume they will calmly forgive and forget. They CLEARLY lowball guys with their first offer and they clearly put the onus on agents to go out and get the highest possible offer elsewhere.
This is very flawed because it angers agents and other teams who negotiate knowing they have to stylize a deal that Dallas won't or can't match.
This can be viewed as giving up tactical advantage. You let EVERYONE know your model and tactics and bull-headedly stick to it as other teams work it to their benefit.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The ones that were throwing stuff at the refs and hitting players at the end of that game? Yep, they're toxic.

The ones that make it personal with players are toxic.

Every fanbase has some toxicity within it in every sport.

People making this about what Booger did for him are missing the point of professional sports, there is no loyalty in either direction. It is purely a business and Gregory made a business decision that will actually net him less money considering the taxes.

On one hand some make it about what Booger did for him. Well, then you can't discount what Booger's son tried to do to him.

IceBowler

Reaction score
Randy's correct - Fan's opinions, "do not pay his bills."

.. or buy his dope.

Plankton

Reaction score
If you are going to judge someone off of their social media responses, then the majority of people would not measure very well.

Gregory is no longer a Cowboy. This is a bullet that the team dodged with the contract snafu. The Cowboys are better of finding a more productive, and especially reliable, replacement. No need to be worked up any more than that over a guy who was more flash than substance on the field.

Proof

Reaction score
He doesn't owe the Cowboys crap for their decision to keep him on. He's a former 1st Round talent. He'd have gotten shots the way Aldon Smith and Josh Gordon have had multiple shots.

those guys took long hiatuses w/out team support or resources when suspended. and when they were reinstated had bottom barrel contracts.

i'm not saying randy owes jerry/dallas, just that the examples aren't really comparable.

Dre11

Reaction score
Lol sure thing bud. Why are the cowboys the only team to put that language in? Oh wait…..

Because it's their contract, so the f what? All the other players been signing it for years except Dak. It isn't new. It was in both his clients contract with Dallas, its been reported he just wanted Randy in Denver where he lives and friends in the organization. Nobody is mad he's gone, but don't try and make it look like you were shocked or the Cowboys tried to pull a fast one when they didn't