Twitter: Randy Gregory responding to Cowboys fans

Dre11

Reaction score
The ones that were throwing stuff at the refs and hitting players at the end of that game? Yep, they're toxic.

The ones that make it personal with players are toxic.

Every fanbase has some toxicity within it in every sport.

People making this about what Booger did for him are missing the point of professional sports, there is no loyalty in either direction. It is purely a business and Gregory made a business decision that will actually net him less money considering the taxes.

On one hand some make it about what Booger did for him. Well, then you can't discount what Booger's son tried to do to him.

What did his son try to do, because it's been proven the language has been there from the start and is standard.

Dre11

Reaction score
Not saying the agent is definitely 100% honest but is a direct source better than 2nd or 3rd hand sources or not? This is a rhetorical question, not that you'd answer anyway like you haven't for a few posts. The agent is on the record. The Cowboys or "someone" is in the shadows. Again, you ignore Florio's point.

By the way, here's an example of "sources." Lol.

Again, this is how reporters get their info. Jerry and Stephen will talk. But as of now, sources are giving you the info.

As for DeShaun, all reports were that he was torn between NO and Atlanta, even Kyle Pitts tweeted and alluded to it. DeShaun told Cleveland they were out, until the gave him that big offer, the sources were right until he did an about face.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you asked me before that draft like what 2015 draft? Who was the flakiest largest character red flag prospect, I would have said Gregory.

Literally in the chat here, I said don't draft the guy don't. He skipped a planned interview with the Oakland Raiders and never said anything no reason, not even an excuse. AND THEY STILL DRAFTED HIM. An unreliable non-motivated twit.

My opinion hasn't changed 7 years later.

The fact that he is getting into social media arguments over something he should have been already over, says something.

If he got what he wanted in money and his new team and their fans are much better, then why is he taking time to argue with some stranger? Does that make sense for someone with their head screwed on straight?
Tendencies of a personality disorder.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Because it's their contract, so the f what? All the other players been signing it for years except Dak. It isn't new. It was in both his clients contract with Dallas, its been reported he just wanted Randy in Denver where he lives and friends in the organization. Nobody is mad he's gone, but don't try and make it look like you were shocked or the Cowboys tried to pull a fast one when they didn't
Putting something into a contract after terms are agreed is the definition of bad faith. But sure continue.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
those guys took long hiatuses w/out team support or resources when suspended. and when they were reinstated had bottom barrel contracts.

i'm not saying randy owes jerry/dallas, just that the examples aren't really comparable.

You're not wrong. But Gregory also didn't have legal trouble that would have kept him from being claimed by another team in the interim periods if we let him go. That could have been attractive to any other team who would have drafted him and had them hold on to him as well.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Again, this is how reporters get their info. Jerry and Stephen will talk. But as of now, sources are giving you the info.

As for DeShaun, all reports were that he was torn between NO and Atlanta, even Kyle Pitts tweeted and alluded to it. DeShaun told Cleveland they were out, until the gave him that big offer, the sources were right until he did an about face.

You don't know how "right" any of them were or whether Watson orchestrated the whole okidoke for giggles. They turned out to be wrong. My point is that a direct source is always better than a 2nd or 3rd hand source. Amiright? Amiright?

Proof

Reaction score
You're not wrong. But Gregory also didn't have legal trouble that would have kept him from being claimed by another team in the interim periods if we let him go. That could have been attractive to any other team who would have drafted him and had them hold on to him as well.

hmm perhaps. i can’t think of another multi suspension case w/ no timetable for reinstatement handled this way, but could be the case. what we do know though is that Jerry did it. And while i don’t fault him for doing what he chose was best, it’s a bit crummy to hear all the “believed in me” etc rhetoric given the history

Dre11

Reaction score
Putting something into a contract after terms are agreed is the definition of bad faith. But sure continue.

Lol again you're lost, nothing was put into the contract after the terms were agreed, it's been proven . IT WAS ALREADY THERE. What part of that don't you understand.

Dre11

Reaction score
You don't know how "right" any of them were or whether Watson orchestrated the whole okidoke for giggles. They turned out to be wrong. My point is that a direct source is always better than a 2nd or 3rd hand source. Amiright? Amiright?

No because you don't know if their telling the truth either. EXAMPLE: Randy's agent....lol

Dre11

Reaction score
No, it has not been proven.

YES it has been, by multiple outlets, it's Its in Tyron Smith, Zack Martin, Randy old contract, L'el Collins, on and on, the only contract it wasn't in was Dak's.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
No because you don't know if their telling the truth either. EXAMPLE: Randy's agent....lol

A 2nd or 3rd hand source certainly doesn't tell you what someone else is thinking a la Watson when the source themselves can tell you themselves what they're thinking. Is a direct source better for that than and 2nd or 3rd hand source?

MarcusRock

Reaction score
hmm perhaps. i can’t think of another multi suspension case w/ no timetable for reinstatement handled this way, but could be the case. what we do know though is that Jerry did it. And while i don’t fault him for doing what he chose was best, it’s a bit crummy to hear all the “believed in me” etc rhetoric given the history

I think that's fair. He doesn't owe the Cowboys but I do hope he let them know he appreciated them in some way, which I believe he did publicly previously, but maybe also privately.

Proof

Reaction score
I think that's fair. He doesn't owe the Cowboys but I do hope he let them know he appreciated them in some way, which I believe he did publicly previously, but maybe also privately.

yeah he's always maintained respect and appreciation for jerry, which was what made the way all this has unfolded and his recent comments so shocking. but at the same time, it could have easily been the cowboys who changed the dynamic.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
12 starts out of a possible 97. That's what I look at. As well as the the playoff game vs SF. That is how I'll remember him in Dallas. A handful of remarkable plays watered down by suspensions, injuries and ******* penalties at the worst possible time.

Dre11

Reaction score
A 2nd or 3rd hand source certainly doesn't tell you what someone else is thinking a la Watson when the source themselves can tell you themselves what they're thinking. Is a direct source better for that than and 2nd or 3rd hand source?

But in the end the 2nd and 3rd source was right.

Dre11

Reaction score
Not what I asked you. Ben Vereen would be proud of your tap dancing. Lol.

I gave you an answer, you just don't like it, but I get it with you if it isn't a direct source , it can't be true in your mind. . Lol