Twitter: Randy Gregory responding to Cowboys fans

Blackrain

Reaction score
Great points.

The Cowboys know Randy is highly emotional and things can "trigger him" very easily. If you know this, then the way you make a contract with him is to lay everything out on the table at one time, explain everything to him in detail, ask him if he has any questions or concerns, and then have him sign it.

What you dont do is verbally agree on the phone to the parameters of the contract and then email it to him and his agent with some clauses that you never discussed with him. He then gets all paranoid, thinks the Cowboys are trying to "get him" and he gets spooked and totally shuts down all communication and signs with somebody else.
Wow what a in-depth analysis and here I just thought he was a head case that wanted some place to play where it was real easy to smoke dope

GMO415

Reaction score
It’s obvious to me why people make it personal in here it’s because they’re frustrated with the team and are looking to take it out on someone. If you don’t agree with their opinions you’ll be a target.
Projection. Happens more than not.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I listened too the reporting too, none of us was there, but we can only go by what we hear, how was it handled poorly? Because they were dealing with getting rid of Cooper, they were busy dealing with Tank to free up money(they were going to cut him for Gregory) they told you they were going to lose Wilson. They brought Gallup back. At the end of the day they matched Gregory money, he accepted, they presented the contract with language that all the contracts have except Dak's, that he negotiated out, Randy's agent either did a poor job reading or on purpose let Randy get in his feeling and they walked, by some reporting, because he rathered him in Denver. They had an agreement.

the whole thing ticks me off so much....you know i am a total Cowboy Homer...in fact i have Cowboy Homer disease....i feel Jerry should build a clinic for all of us cowboy Homers that are beyond traditional treatment

so we can go for a two week stay or so.....must have very pretty nurses and cowboy cheeleaders visit once week....with daily massages and daily encouragment sessions....Jerry would but if Stephen Jones

got involved he would chissel us all down and give us a six pack of near beer instead...but after thinking about whqt you said i too must agree it was also Gregory's agent who lives in Denver and did equally

poor job of reasoning with Gregory its in most contracts including everyone of them he signed in the past....bottom line Gregory felt dissed....a foul and all your guaranteed money is lost?...i realize Gregory

never bothered to read prior fine print on his contracts cause he was so appreiative Cowboys did not give up on him....but Gregory if he stay healthy will be double digit sack performer....the dude is fast

and strong as an ox and can bend like Gumby......you can blame his agent but bottom line it was Stephen Jones where the buck stops....i realize we did not want to pay Cooper but Cooper took all double

and triple teams so other receivers had easier time...but for me losing Cedrick Wilson could be worse.....he is a stud receiver....he picked up all slack once we lost Gallup with injury....i am totally sickened

by Stephen Jones as players manager....quit chisseling and waiting til last second to sign players....we have lost so much money we did not need too