Video: Randy Gregory will finally fulfill his potential this season

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Yes lets all hope and pray that Jerrys 28 year old baby decides to show up for once in his life. I predict he shows up 15 yards in the back field on run plays to his side.

Scotman

Reaction score
I had given up hope that Gregory would ever be able to play. That said, I never soured on him as a person. My perspective on his marijuana use might be different than others. Skip reading if you don't want some background...

First, I don't smoke. I don't use marijuana and never have. I retired as a school superintendent and I practiced what I preached. I shared my story with the kids at the school. I don't drink. In fact, I've never had a single beer (or any real alcohol) in my life. I grew up in a home controlled by alcohol and made the choice early to avoid any and all addictive chemicals if I could. I believe that my dad had a crushing anxiety problem that he treated, unsuccesfully, with alcohol. Untreated mental health issues destroy whole families. My dad escaped from a federal penitentiary, bought my mom from her parents and we lived a nomadic life...running from threats...both internal and external. My experiences range from sitting in the car waiting while my dad robbed a coin store...to roaming the country homeless...to plowing through a Georgia cornfield trying to escape the cops. So, I realize that I am beyond biased when it comes to treating mental health.

My son has a form of OCD (emetophobia) that has threatened his life several times. It took many very stressful years to find the right treatment and medication. Even the "right" treatment and medication has landmines and pitfalls. Make no mistake, just because something comes with a prescription, doesn't make it safe. This is an ever-present entity in our world. So, even though I'm as straight as an arrow as any adult could possibly be, I am in no place to judge someone else who is trying to fight these demons. I would have worked around any rules and broken any laws necessary in our family's journey to find the right treatment.

IF Randy Gregory found out that marijuana effectively treated his mental health issues and that treatment was denied him, that's life-threatening and should be criminal. It would have been SO much safer if he could have sought proper treatment, regardless of the chemicals needed, through medical teams. You will never convince me that a substance used for thousands of years shouldn't be a treatment option for a trained medical professional.

I truly hope Gregory has the first of many all-pro years. Not just because I'm a Cowboys' fan, but because I would love to see him have genuine control over his life.

I apologize for the over share.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
He smokes medicinal marijuana along side therapy to help combat mental health issues... Not for fun, not to be a rebel, not to go against the system.

The fact that yall accept players quickly killing themselves with pain killers and antidepressants, instead of finding healthier options is mind boggling to me.

The vast benefits of Marijuana are still being researched and it's about to be legal nationwide... whether yall like it or not.

It doesn't matter what it's about to be. It doesn't matter why he says that he does it. It was illegal. It was banned by the league that employs him.

I would have been fine with him fighting for its legalization if that were the case. Instead, he chose to violate the rules of his job, because he wanted the marijuana more. This is a problem. It's called addiction, and should not be cast in any other light.

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
It doesn't matter what it's about to be. It doesn't matter why he says that he does it. It was illegal. It was banned by the league that employs him.

I would have been fine with him fighting for its legalization if that were the case. Instead, he chose to violate the rules of his job, because he wanted the marijuana more. This is a problem. It's called addiction, and should not be cast in any other light.
Whether you believe it or not, illegal or not... he did it for self preservation. At the end of the day, he is still here seemingly in his right mind, and wants to play football. That's all that matters right? Ok.

Enjoy going the speed limit or below...

Last edited:

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Yes lets all hope and pray that Jerrys 28 year old baby decides to show up for once in his life. I predict he shows up 15 yards in the back field on run plays to his side.

going off memory, he usually beats the tackle pretty quick with his reach and bend, and he doesn't end up far down the field. He is also pretty good at run stopping

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Gregory is going to lead this team in sacks. I have no doubt about that.