Rank DAL defense and these 6 others defenses: KC, NE, PIT (AFC) and LAR, NO, CHI (NFC)

_sturt_

Reaction score
These days, because of my work, I don't get to watch nearly as much football as I used to. Interested to learn others' opinions. We know our offense still is trying to recapture the consistent magic of the DakZeke rookie year... and we spend a lot of time talking about that, of course, and how far we have to go to become a legitimate SB threat. This post is trying to measure how far our defense has to go to be considered a legitimate SB-quality threat.

So, indulge me if you will, with your ranking of us, KC, NE, PIT, LAR, NO and CHI, 1 through 7... and yes, ties are acceptable.

Ebnorice

Reaction score
I would say chicago is the only defense better for what you listed.

Reactions: Ken

aria

Reaction score
KC is ranked like 30th in the league, don’t wven know why they’re in the conversation.

Off the top of my head I would go

1) Chi
2) Pitt
3) Dal
4) Rams
5) NO
6) NE
7) KC

I also think we’re close to Pitt and the Rams but much better than NO, NE and KC.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The rams have a good defense. But yet teams still score on them alot. KC gave the rams defense 2 touchdowns but still they came back to score 40+ on them to almost win the game. The way we play football truely benefits both our offense and defense and keeps the scoring low in most games. When fully healthy i'll take our defense all day.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
I said it in the KC/LA GDT -- I don't understand how the Rams defense isn't better.

Chicago is quite a bit further ahead than everyone else

CCBoy

Reaction score
The Dallas defense is pretty well respected now. As all the players work back into the group healthy, the Cowboys should become pretty close to top 5 against any offense.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
GMFB showed a stat. Bears lead the NFL with points off of turnovers with 97.

Can't remember the other 5 teams on the list.
But we know it is not Dallas.

But Dallas is still what, #2 in PPG given up.

Cowboy06

Professional Positive Naysayer
Reaction score
I said it in the KC/LA GDT -- I don't understand how the Rams defense isn't better.

Wade Phillips...he doesn't adjust as much as he should. JMO

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score

The Rams D has been getting lit up all season. I think Seattle even scored a bunch on them, twice. Maybe once they get Talib back, they'll improve.

Last edited:

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Dallas is great at preventing points but not great generating turnovers which IMO is part of the reason they are not a dominating defense.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Chi
Pitt
Dallas
Rams
NO
NE
KC

I think Pitt and Dallas are pretty close, but think Pitt has been a little better about getting pressure. The Rams defense might be better than Pitt and Dallas, but the secondary has hurt them, they get a lot of pressure and turnovers, getting Talib back will be a big help. New Orleans defense is looking better as the season has gone on.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Dallas is great at preventing points but not great generating turnovers which IMO is part of the reason they are not a dominating defense.

Right

Case in point:

The Bears are 1st in Opponent Passer Rating while the Cowboys are 26th.

The Bears are also 1st by a big margin in defensive DVOA.

By the numbers none of these teams listed come close to the Bears.