Rapoport: Cowboys considering bringing in Jon Kitna to work with QBs

khiladi

Reaction score
Dallas prompting from within his probably the best sign, because it may indicate Jerry is letting Jason finish his contract on his own terms. If they get brand new OC with new offense it may be just another excuse year.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Dallas prompting from within his probably the best sign, because it may indicate Jerry is letting Jason finish his contract on his own terms. If they get brand new OC with new offense it may be just another excuse year.
I hate it. We have a golden opportunity now to right the ship. Instead, promoting from within means another season of the same ole crap, and kicking the can down the road another year. AGAIN,I HATE THAT.

khiladi

Reaction score
I hate it. We have a golden opportunity now to right the ship. Instead, promoting from within means another season of the same ole crap, and kicking the can down the road another year. AGAIN,I HATE THAT.

By righting the ship, they need to can Garrett. So this is probably the best alternative until Garrett plays out his contract.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No up and coming OC from another organization would come and work for this idiot owner and trash HC under these conditions

We will pretend like that was the plan all along

And the same suckers will buy it. Or make excuses, like they've tried for this "don't anticipate changes" statement - and then the OC gets fired. Some will gladly take whatever they're given.

"Thank you sir may I have another!"

Thank+you+sir+may+i+have+another+_bcd60647a72ef1a1da410b91bee5b16d.gif

75boyz

Reaction score
You joke, but I think JJ wants his own Sean McVey. I think it's possible that Moore's our OC for the next few years and gets promoted the HC by the time he's 33 or 34.

There's some truth to this...

Quincy was our Michael Vick

And lemme see, this year our offense was "like the Rams", right?

I'm sure I've left out a few other examples of Jerry comparing his team to other actual successful teams.

More fun times to look forward to.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have no idea man. She was prime in the Dudley Moore era. Haven't seen her since. Could be splashin the beach in the great beyond with Dudley for all I know ;)

Yes she was. That scene running down the beach is permanently etched in my mind and fantasies. It’s right there with Phoebe Cates and the swimming pool scene in Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
it is throwing away another season but they have gotten pretty good at that over the last 23 years they have thrown away a lot of seasons

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
There's some truth to this...

Quincy was our Michael Vick

And lemme see, this year our offense was "like the Rams", right?

I'm sure I've left out a few other examples of Jerry comparing his team to other actual successful teams.

More fun times to look forward to.

I think fans want "the version" of Sean McVay. Don't know that I've ever heard JJ mention McVay's name. Probably could find it in a quote somewhere. We'll see how Seanie Sean does to day under the dome. Yep, the Rams have made it one game further. Last time I checked they have won nothing since they resided in St Lew. We'll see what happens today and if the "can't win the last one in the playoffs" follows him around, then we will be the Rams or the Rams will be the Cowboys. Go Saints!

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I get the narrative, but maybe I'm missing something here. What type of friendship relationship did Kris Richard have with this organization before coming here last year and basically running the Cowboys' defense?
I think most organizations (football or otherwise) tend to gravitate toward what/who they know with a sprinkling of outside hires for an expanded knowledge/thought process. This isn't really unique.

I think the issue that I have a problem with is the comfort level the FO has with its own roster and coaches. “We like our guys” is a pretty consistent theme— and they favor “continuity” vs the unpredictability of change or just adding someone “new” simply bc they are new.

What I am advocating for is a true, honest evaluation of what is in place followed by some difficult decisions that require some hard change.

They seem content bc they believe they are “close” to being contenders— and that is not the reality of the situation in my opinion. How many more losses do we have to endure in the postseason to confirm that the current situation is not working?