FEATURED Rapoport: Cowboys have agreed to terms with McCarthy to be next head coach

phildadon86

Reaction score
Yeah, Rodgers also said McCarthy had the lowest football IQ of any coach he’s been around.

Rodgers is a smart player. Even if you think he’s a total jerk, that’s a pretty damning quote.

As for Reid, he hasn’t won anything...

If he never wins a ring despite having a stud like Mahomes, will these playoff appearances still be something to be proud of?
So Rodgers a known idiot is commenting on a guy who he hated? I dislike some people and have said some things about them that arent true. But because its Rodgers we have to believe it?

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Shoot me now. Just put me out of my misery. We thought Garrett had no creativity or inspiring qualities. Bad got worse

superonyx

Reaction score
No matter who the Cowboys hired, there would've been criticism. Unless the guy was Parcells reincarnated, the hire would've been questioned.
It would have been questioned of course.
But what would the questions be?
The worst question possible is the one we now need to ask. Did Jerry just find his newest Puppet?

This wouldnt have been the question if he hired certain people.

Jipper

Reaction score
hes a winner, thats for sure. Question is does he bring a tougher culture to dallas....thats what i want to know

ultron

Reaction score
Childish insults, lol

Look, LeFluer added what, 5 or 6 wins to essentially the same team mccarthy had last year. That's how spare mccarthy is.

He won 10, 11, 12 games with Green Bay teams with so much talent it was literally impossible not to win with. As soon as things got tougher, he folded up shop.

We are a .500 team. What do you think is going to happen here? There's a reason why this clown doesn't have a job.

Instead of making a hire that would inject some excitement into one of the most disappointing teams in Cowboys history, this is what Jerry does. Hires another mediocre-to-bad coach to squeeze 6 and 7 wins out of a 10 win talent roster. Hooray.

Do you know how much talent GB added to that skeleton of a roster that McCarthy had in 2017-2018? They added Z'Darius Smith, Preston Smith, Adrian Amos, and Aaron Jones had a massive season. Without those 4 guys - the packers would've been 8-8 or 9-7 at best. Those guys completely changed the Packers - so I don't put much stock in the coaching change. Plus Aaron is such a d0uche - I could see him purposely losing games just to get McCarthy out, he's that kind of person (ask his own family who he no longer speaks to).

I'm in the boat with people that are saying this is the most talented roster McCarthy has ever had... Let's see what the guy can do.

PS- I'd pay Marvin Lewis a lot of money to come coach this defense - that would be even bigger than getting McCarthy as a head coach.

Nav22

Reaction score
Very convincing. Doesn't make my vibe/feeling any better. Does anyone have anything nice to say about this dude?
To be fair, Brett Favre praised him recently.

But Favre was also a dummy who played the game on sheer instincts.

seamus18

Reaction score
I, for one, am willing to give the man a chance. As most people have said, not may first choice. Would have loved Urban or Lincoln, but maybe they both made it clear they weren't really interested. He was my first choice of ex NFL coaches. It seems that it wouldn't matter who was selected, this choice was going to cause the fanbase to go in wildly different directions.

I look at it like this. I wanted Garrett gone in the worst way, but also was nervous about the next hire. Just imagine another Dave Campo type coach. To get an NFL caliber coach that has had much success in the league, as well as a super bowl win is a good get. It could have been much worse. Again, willing to give the man a chance and see what he can do with this roster. Now let's hope we can get a big time DC.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I guess the best way to look at it is from the context that Jerry is making the decision.

Viewing it that way, we could have done a hell of a lot worse.

Note, that's not me endorsing McCarthy as some uber great hire. It's just that I think he's better than Garrett and Jerry sure as hell could have done a lot worse.

Exactly...……..everybody be thankful its not Marvin Lewis or Jeff Fisher being announced as Head Coach today.:thumbup:

_sturt_

Reaction score
Every now and then, the next post pretty much just says what I would've said.

2020-01-06_1012.png