FEATURED Rapoport: Cowboys have agreed to terms with McCarthy to be next head coach

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
This is exactly what I’m hoping for.

The same criticisms Packers fans made about McCarthy, the eagles fans were doing with Andy Reid. And Reid has been just as successful with the Chiefs. And a lot of those seasons with success with the chiefs were with Alex Smith as his QB.
I'm thinking he's going to be more of a Pete Carroll and (Heaven Forbid me calling upon the Chosen) Billy Belly's second go-round.
Just learning the mistakes, acknowledging them and moving forward as a better coach.

Andy actually hasn't changed at all. He just moved into a new roster to play with.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Does anyone see any parallels with Andy Reid to the Chiefs? Experienced coach, SB/playoff experience, winning track record, playcallers etc.. Can someone remind me why Andy Reid was let go from Philly? My point is sometimes a new environment/challenge can be good. Thoughts?

I agree that it feels awfully similar. And, McCarthy seems much more analytical. He might be quite different from his Green Bay days in a good way. I'd also imagine he's going to be good for Kellen Moore.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I can't imagine how I'll feel if this happens! I truly hope it happens!
I hope you see this team hoist a Lombardi.
The 90's were a heady time. It was amazing.
Living in Austin at the time, the whole town gained solidarity.
The radio stations all joined in.
People honked from street to street.

Be nice to be a part of that again with my favorite sport's team.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

Be nice to be a part of that again for my favorite sport's team.

I hope to see it. I can't imagine what it'll be like.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
McCarthy press conference: We will attack, and I plan on winning multiple championships.

First Game Series: Zeke run, up the middle.
Zeke run, up the middle.
Two yard pass.
Fourth and 7/punt.

kumizi

Reaction score
Does anyone see any parallels with Andy Reid to the Chiefs? Experienced coach, SB/playoff experience, winning track record, playcallers etc.. Can someone remind me why Andy Reid was let go from Philly? My point is sometimes a new environment/challenge can be good. Thoughts?
That's what I'm hoping for. But Reid's offensive ingenuity was viewed in a different league than McCarthy's.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I'm thinking he's going to be more of a Pete Carroll and (Heaven Forbid me calling upon the Chosen) Billy Belly's second go-round.
Just learning the mistakes, acknowledging them and moving forward as a better coach.

Andy actually hasn't changed at all. He just moved into a new roster to play with.

Could be. The overall point is. Just because he had a couple of bad years towards the end with Green Bay (with a backup QB it should be noted). Doesn’t mean he can’t have success again with another franchise.

I like the hire overall.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
I’m ok with this. Recent Super Bowl win and a ton of experience. Good playoff record as well. What’s not to like?

Magic Mike comin’ to Dallas!

Iago33

Reaction score
You can look at that way, but I would like to have seen more of a "no rock unturned" approach to turning this ship around, rather than hiring the first coached interviewed. How much interest was McCarthy getting from other teams?
Second coach interviewed. Just sayin.

kumizi

Reaction score
That’s better than 25. What about the playoff record?
My honest opinion.

I dont understand why a coach and QB have a playoff record. It's a team game. People in baseball have finally realized giving the pitcher a win or loss is stupid. When will football catch up?

Iago33

Reaction score

Driving by “Troy Aikman,” Texas between Austin and Waco...

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/jerry-...on-of-bill-belichick-andy-reid-195912696.html

“ones certainly knows that group of aging-like-fine-wine retreads because he has spent his 24-year Super Bowl void pulling his hair out and watching the second-act fraternity shape the success of his league. Consider: There have been 23 Super Bowl champions since Dallas last won a title, and 15 have been led by coaches who were on their second head coaching shot. Guys like Bill Belichick, Tony Dungy and Gary Kubiak did it. Tom Coughlin and Mike Shanahan both won a pair of Super Bowls with their second teams. Pete Carroll? He finally reached the mountaintop in his third NFL head coaching stop. Dick Vermeil? He did it late in his coaching life, while Jon Gruden did it early in his.”........

“That’s how it works with retreads. Even if they’re good, the initial response to them is usually lukewarm at best. Belichick? His hiring in New England was a virtual car crash of negative media. Dungy? He was the guy who couldn’t finish the job in Tampa Bay. Carroll? He was an elite college coach who had been only a solid performer in the NFL. Coughlin was an obstinate jerk. Vermeil? Wasn’t he like 100 years old? And as for Kubiak, well, that was something along the lines of, Gary Kubiak? Really?”

CWR

Reaction score

It was the same in Corpus.