FEATURED Rapoport: Cowboys have agreed to terms with McCarthy to be next head coach

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
To me it means that they are looking at this as a short term marriage. McCarthy has to come in and win now. There won't be any honeymoon phase.

Of course, if he wins they can always extend it, but I honestly think he has two years to make something happen or they will go in another direction.

Just because it hasn't been reported, they may have talked to multiple other people at least by phone to see if there was interest and decided that McCarthy was the best fit.

jnday

Reaction score
There goes any hope of creating the next Cowboy dynasty. Meyer, Riley and all of the other coaching candidates that could have brought change to the organization was cast aside to get another puppet that won’t change a thing. Garrett should have kept his job because we will see no difference in team performance. Are you excited yet?

Thefeelofcotton

Mandalorian
Reaction score
I am not happy with this at all. Given what I've read about his last few years at GB, this seems to be just another puppet for JJ to control. I may not watch next season

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
All jokes aside, I'm very surprised this was such a quick search.

And does this mean Garrett was fired? Or do we currently have two head coaches?

I thought Jerry's letter yesterday was an official firing

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
Must have really blew them away... not a bad choice. Lets hope they can get a competent defensive coordinator too

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Let's see who is on his coaching staff. Not a bad hire. Fellas you know the Joneses were not giving up power.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well what do we think. Should we hate him yet.

tenor.gif

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Wonder what DC he has in mind?

Surely it won't be the geriatric Dom Capers. And Moore staying might be a good thing, or else we could wind up with Joe Philbin or Ben McAdoo.