Twitter: Rapoport: Cowboys Hope to Reach Extensions with Amari and Dak this offseason

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
I can't believe the FO thought they were helping Dak by giving him scrub receivers. Don't know how that makes the offense Dak friendly.
They made it that much harder on themselves to reach a conclusion on Dak. Plus, what they gave up to fix their mistake will now influence their QB decision. It makes it more convenient for them to decide in Dak's favor.

zekecowboy

Reaction score
giphy.gif

Dallas fans need to pray that Jerry comes to his senses and sees the light. Wait a year on Dak and see if he improves on his reads and holding the ball to long (less sacks).

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
HAHAHAHAHAHA! So much for the Dak haters. When I'm debating with someone, I like to point to the fact that Jerry already made the decision so you might as well join another team, because the hated Dak will be here.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Amaris worth the risk try to get him for a Watkins or less deal before he gets open market and gets offers for OBJ money..thats smart on 24 yr old thats proved he can be a 1 already.. However Dak well if JJ is adamant he best make sure this is a friendly offer like some stated , I dont mind the extension if its relative to his production and tier status, iE Bortles Money not Cousins money..

The reason its no surprise hes getting extended its because they feel he will get better(will know more if he ever gets real OC/QB coach to get the most out of him), ut for me its reality says you wont find his replacement right away , even if you find someone to compete with him but is still needing some time, we need a bridge to the that guy, someone that can hold down the fort until they come around..

Daks a Starting QB but a tier 3 guy right now IMO, not generational or even a franchise guy YET but hes good enough with the right pieces and better coaching to get back to playoffs anyhow, hes already proved that..

So extend dak to contract worth where he is now with Incentives and low Guaranteed money, im ok with that, contracts mean little if they keep the guarantees low..I say hes with about 18-20 mil per given what the average market salary cap numbers say starting QBs are worth..they have that advantage in negotiating, Market set QBs salarys high even for tier 2/3 guys..

I am wondering why DLaw name isn't mentioned, he already earned his extension given his playing time and pretty solid production again this year.. they need to sign him first and see how money they have left..

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
dang if we are going to sign both of them to big contracts how we going to get the best offensive line in the NFL to protect Dak from the glitch. wow ,, just wow..

JJHLH1

Reaction score
If the team wins the division this year then Dak will have earned a contract extension.

InTheZone

Reaction score
If Dak gets suspended and our run game and defense every quit carrying the team we're going to be in a world of hurt. It'll be one of those contracts the team loves initially, then after 1-2 years will be doubting themselves. Hopefully it's no more than 3-4 years, because I simply don't want to think of us being held back anymore and potentially wasting the careers of everyone on the current team if the deal ends up much longer (which I think it will be.)

MCMetal69

Reaction score
Why would you be targeting an inconsistent QB to lock up with a cap-eating extension when you have him for another season on the cheap while not taking care of our best defensive player and one of the best pass rushers in the NFL ?

This FO must have a deal with Pepto Bismol & Zantac for all the stomach troubles they enjoy creating for us fans..........................

Batman1980

Reaction score
I would put more focus on scouting second round QBs over extending Dak.

I wouldn't be averse to that if a 2nd round QB is the best player on the board but we also need to look at WR, TE, OT, OG, S, LB, DE, DT and possibly KR.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Listen , if Dak doesn't work out , we still have a 1st rd pick to get a QB this offseason .

never mind . ..

Batman1980

Reaction score
Listen , if Dak doesn't work out , we still have a 1st rd pick to get a QB this offseason .

never mind . ..

Just get Teddy Bridgewater in the off-season and if that or Dak doesn't work out, draft a QB in the 1st round in 2020. I can dream.

Jimbo69

Reaction score
I will wait to see what the terms of Daks extention, but if they pay him big money based on his current performance they are crazy.