Twitter: Rapoport: Cowboys Hope to Reach Extensions with Amari and Dak this offseason

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
Wonder what negotiations with Dak would be like. He doesn’t have anywhere close to the numbers that QBs of mega deals get. If we can get a contract closer to Bortles that’s actually not bad at all for what Dak gives the offense

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Amari 100% makes sense and we all knew it was coming the day the trade was made

I really don’t want them to extend Dak this off season. They have another year under contract. No need to rush into a decision. See if he is able to improve before locking him up.

But it seems inevitable at this point.

After 3 wins in a row this is the worst message to get.

I cant understand how you want to extend Dak. We can pick up the 5th year option and FT im the year after. Thats 2 years for us to find a franchise QB.

To extend Cooper is a no brainer. You dont invest a first round pick in a guy just to let him walk after 1 1/2 years.

Mr_437

Reaction score
DAL has so much young defensive talent, but how many of these guys will they lose to pay for the Entourage Dak needs to function properly?

Also, stop this insanity of a 3 game win streak resulting in talks of extensions insinuating some type of achievement. They do this crap every year, then the team starts playing like crap... thinking they can just show up. Why now?

starfan1

Reaction score
Lol have you not been listening to Jerry ? This should be no surprise to you cmon.

This also won’t set the franchise back years like some would suggest as long as the contract isn’t for beyond good back up money or a little more

We still have a lot of other needs to address Dak being under center isn’t the worse thing in the world to have happen

Unless of course you ride the hate train

RS12

Reaction score
This is more about Jerry's super ego. In his mind (only) he found a franchise QB in the 4th round, which makes him a football guy (something he cant buy and clearly isnt) rather than a senile billionaire holding a franchise hostage while he plays fantasy football that the rest of us see.

Daillest88

Reaction score
Dak fix his darn footwork and become more aware in the pocket sign him AFTER next year. There’s absolutely no reason to do it this year unless he some how MAGICALLY wins us a Super Bowl. Lol

AbeBeta

Reaction score
If they extend Dak as a franchise QB and not have performance standards to be met for higher pay scales, they are nuts and will set the franchise back for years.

There are performance standards in every deal by default. Any big deal we write is simply a 3 year commitment. You don't see the remaining money if you don't perform.

It is really pretty simple

Nav22

Reaction score
28-15 as a starter with very good numbers and still just 25 years old. Only an idiot would let such production simply walk out the door.

And for those of you who think we’re winning “in spite of Dak,” learn football. Remember how terrible we were in 2015 without Romo and before Dak???

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If the team wins the division this year then Dak will have earned a contract extension.

That is ridiculous..

Extend Garrett while we are at it too?

My gosh the way you guys accept mediocrity and fail to see what holds us back from being elite is mind boggling..

Garrett/Linehan/Dak are a huge problem.

Dak might be salvageable with a better coach but you can’t keep all 3 stooges together because they all are a recipe for mediocrity.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Lol have you not been listening to Jerry ? This should be no surprise to you cmon.

This also won’t set the franchise back years like some would suggest as long as the contract isn’t for beyond good back up money or a little more

We still have a lot of other needs to address Dak being under center isn’t the worse thing in the world to have happen

Unless of course you ride the hate train

This franchise has not had good backup QBs signed in FA for years. We have always gone cheap there. Do you really think that approach will change ? And why ?
Now what do you call good backup money ? Do you really think Daks gonna sign a conract for 3-4 mills per anno ?

Dak wont sign under 20 mills per anno and alot guranteed money. One of his arguments will definetly be the way his playstyle is and the way he is being used (lots of qb options). Because of that he will demand long term security.

That contract will bind us to him for at least the next 4 years. And that will be the window where we cant invest in a real franchise QB.

Last edited:

mmohican29

Reaction score
I think Jerry just trolls Cowboys fans for the most part these days.

It's clear he really doesn't want to win in any way, shape, or form where he cannot be given full credit for the team.

Lawrence, Cooper, Zeke should all be re-upped. I have no problem with Dak getting extended, but if he lands a deal like Cousins' or Wilson' we're looking at a lot of 8-8 football teams for the next 5 years or so.

The Natural

Reaction score
28-15 as a starter with very good numbers and still just 25 years old. Only an idiot would let such production simply walk out the door.

And for those of you who think we’re winning “in spite of Dak,” learn football. Remember how terrible we were in 2015 without Romo and before Dak???
Was Zeke on that 2015 team? He’s the real engine behind this offense, not chocolate Dilfer

Zman5

Reaction score
I think this is ploy by the FO to make Dak feel secure while playing this year. Dak doesn't seem like a guy who would make "business" decisions while playing but having that feeling of security can help him play more freely.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I'm fine with keeping Dak around, but i want to see the guaranteed money before deciding about how i feel about an extension. If Jerry can pull off a deal that's easy to get out of in 2020/2021 if need be then i'm 100% on board with the idea.