Twitter: Rapoport: Cowboys Hope to Reach Extensions with Amari and Dak this offseason

TwentyOne

Reaction score
I think Jerry just trolls Cowboys fans for the most part these days.

It's clear he really doesn't want to win in any way, shape, or form where he cannot be given full credit for the team.

Lawrence, Cooper, Zeke should all be re-upped. I have no problem with Dak getting extended, but if he lands a deal like Cousins' or Wilson' we're looking at a lot of 8-8 football teams for the next 5 years or so.

I dont think JJ trolls fans. JJ is a smart businessman who does everything to up the revenue of his franchise. If he says something it is always to create a hype around the brand he tries to sell.

He doesnt care about fans or else if its not for the money he could earn by influencing them the right way.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
I think people need to calm down... they are going to give Dak an extension regardless of how he plays because Jerry wants to give Dak his “back pay”. They will structure the contract smartly and be able to get out if it when needed. Despite the fears, how many times in the history of the NFL has a team been stuck having to start a truly horrible QB for years and years because of his contract? Really the closest thing has been Flacco and he hasn’t been that bad, he just didn’t turn out to be elite after all. There should be no illusions that Dak is elite from day one of negotiating.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
It's all a ploy. they will extend Dak, 4 maybe 5 year deal. Give the grandson time to get out of college and become the future QB of the Dallas Cowboys. 3 years in college, 1 year learning on the bench, Dak is cut in the last year of his deal and the grandson takes over.

starfan1

Reaction score
Well I know that Jerry is gonna be Jerry he has been consistent in saying he’d on board with Dak I hope the contract is one that don’t hamper his ability to put al the other pieces necessary for the championship winning team but I’m on board now if we lose a bunch of fake fans in process than so be it

I don’t like Garrett I don’t like Linehan . If we go back a few years. Didn’t like the Roy Williams trade , the Galloway debacle and Tony’s second contract the barber contract but I love cowboys and will root for them regardless of the mistakes they make

Recently I think they have made a lot of good choices

uvaballa

Reaction score
OMG Jerry has totally lost it......we're going to have this inept QB and his MOST boring passing game in the NFL simply destroy and waste whatever talent is on the team....oh well the misery continues.......:(
LOL you're going to cry aren't you?

Nav22

Reaction score
Was Zeke on that 2015 team? He’s the real engine behind this offense, not chocolate Dilfer
So you think a RB is the difference between 4-12 and 13-3?

But not the Pro Bowl QB who was named Offensive Rookie of the Year, with the best rookie season by a QB ever???
:laugh:

lukin2006

Reaction score
Good thing Jerry hasn't leaked the agreed upon lifetime coaching contract JG will be signing...

CWR

Reaction score
Great perspective bro. :thumbup:

Man Im excited about this season. They pulled themselves out of hopelessness and are now in first place in the division. With the addition of Cooper, Dak has stepped up his game as well. Hes actually making the progress I was hoping for all along. AND THE DEFENSE lol. If we continue on this trajectory we are in store for a ton of fun.

Last edited:

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I'd love both of those.

But why would Cooper agree to that? He's basically giving up pro bowl numbers to agree to stay with this team. He has all the leverage.

And I see very low odds Dak ages to 17M / yr. Wouldn't that put him close to the lowest paid 2nd contract QB?
ACooper is only getting 13.9m next year..... if he wants big money now he has to give some back on AAV

Same with Dak...... turning down 30-55m guaranteed is hard to do

Last edited:

eastsideboy

Reaction score
Priority
1. Tank/Cooper
3. Prescott
4. Jones

Everyone else can walk.

I'd go $15 million a year for Coop, $19 million a year for Prescott and $18 million a year for Tank.
at 15 mil a year we can get all four sign next year under the cap but you're not far off but I would say Cooper and Jones are priority

kento40

Reaction score
Extend Dak? Dude is like Donovan McNabb when he was past his prime. Jerry definitely doesn't want a Superbowl anytime soon.

eastsideboy

Reaction score
Lie draft class to move up to number 1 overall to take a quarterback not going to happen
Listen , if Dak doesn't work out , we still have a 1st rd pick to get a QB this offseason .

never mind . ..
yeah right we were going to trade all of our picks to move up to number 1 to get a quarterback when there's only one quarterback worth taking in the first round :facepalm:

eastsideboy

Reaction score
If they pay Dak elite QB money, I might be done.

That would set the franchise back years.

Any extension better have a magic door where we can bail in 2020-2021 for little pain.
Rinse and repeat 15 mil a year

zekecowboy

Reaction score
That is ridiculous..

Extend Garrett while we are at it too?

My gosh the way you guys accept mediocrity and fail to see what holds us back from being elite is mind boggling..

Garrett/Linehan/Dak are a huge problem.

Dak might be salvageable with a better coach but you can’t keep all 3 stooges together because they all are a recipe for mediocrity.

Garrett/Linehan/Dak are a huge problem.

If Jerry is hell bent on resigning Dak, prepare for $25M per year. Mediocrity will happen since Dallas won't be able to keep Tank, Coop, and the offensive line.

KeepinTime

Reaction score
Anyone who doesn't expect us to sign Cooper is a fool. We invested in him with a 1st, and he has so far proven he is worth his weight.... in some ways, hopefully he isn't as productive as he was in the Commanders game the rest of the season or we are looking at an OBJ like contract.

Dak is an interesting figure here, I expect him to get signed, but I don't anticipate a 5-6 year contract. I would expect a 3 year deal which is mostly guaranteed that sure's up the short-term future of the franchise - something like 3 years, 60mn, and gives him the opportunity to secure 2 more long-term contracts if he gets to the next level.... though, I also wouldn't be shocked to see Jerry double down and give him a 7 year 150mn+ contract

If Jerry re-signs Dak to anything more than a 3-yr deal I will lose my mind entirely. I’d rather he not re-sign him at all but then again, who else is going to be QB? We’re not going to strike pay dirt again (odds are highly against it) with a mid-round pick and there’s too many other areas that need tended to, like OL, LB and Safety.