Twitter: Rapoport: Cowboys Hope to Reach Extensions with Amari and Dak this offseason

zekecowboy

Reaction score
Extend Dak? Dude is like Donovan McNabb when he was past his prime. Jerry definitely doesn't want a Superbowl anytime soon.

He reminds me of Donovan also. That's not a good thing for ones that don't remember him.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
There are performance standards in every deal by default. Any big deal we write is simply a 3 year commitment. You don't see the remaining money if you don't perform.

It is really pretty simple
You mean like Cousins deal?

AzorAhai

Reaction score
The years invested is just as damaging as the money.

Extend that bum and you have decided to waste more years trying to win something with a fake GM, a weak head coach and a terrible QB.
The years invested are THE problem. Give him 3-4 more years and Tank, Smith, Fred, Martin and Zeke are all on the backside of their careers. If they aren’t in steep decline by then. In the end it’s just going to be another group of what should be a good core of players for a competitive team gone to waste.

slick325

Reaction score
Here it comes folks...back to cap hell and more mediocrity. Dak getting the contract I suspect he will get is going to cripple the franchise. Say good bye to the teams best player (Zeke as if it needs to be written) and most of the young defenders. Smh...stop paying regular QBs franchise QB money.

Bus drivers don't deserve Formula 1 or NASCAR driver money. Draft another guy and have steak around him for 5 years until you replace him with another young gun.

John813

Reaction score
What kinda excuse is this? When the heck have we started mentioning QB coach as much until now?

I haven't liked Moore, and have stated so for a while.

I'm not sold on Dak, but Jerry is, I guess.

So, hoping we get better coaches, including the QB coach since I think he was a bad hire(Linehan son)

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Haha reading all the Dak haters complain and whine is so funny. I'm glad we will have a franchise QB locked up for the future. It's so difficult to find a franchise QB and we were able to go from Romo to Dak. Not many teams have been blessed like that.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
This is why Jerry Jones is an awful GM.

They have plenty of time for Prescott. No reason to make him a priority over Lawrence or even Elliott. Both of whom are more important catalysts than he is.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
This is why Jerry Jones is an awful GM.

They have plenty of time for Prescott. No reason to make him a priority over Lawrence or even Elliott. Both of whom are more important catalysts than he is.
Lame duck star players are a huge media distraction..... getting a new deal is all they talk about 24/7

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Lame duck star players are a huge media distraction..... getting a new deal is all they talk about 24/7
If Prescott is the special kind of character guy they say he is, he would not create a distraction.

glimmerman

Reaction score
We will end up using 5th year option on Elliot and then maybe franchise tagging him. They will sign Dak and D-Law. We have Byron for another year after this year. Swaim will be cheap. If we can get Beez for a descent price then sign him. But sounds like he wants to much. Let him test the market. We need to start looking for a new LT.

RamziD

Reaction score
If they extend Dak in the offseason, which I think is a mistake, they better plan on changing the OC and QB coach. The hiring of Kellen Moore as QB coach was one of the biggest farces I’ve ever witnessed.

cern

Reaction score
In Mcclay/Stephen I trust. Chance favors the prepared mind.

glimmerman

Reaction score
If they extend Dak in the offseason, which I think is a mistake, they better plan on changing the OC and QB coach. The hiring of Kellen Moore as QB coach was one of the biggest farces I’ve ever witnessed.
100% agree. I would replace Linehan and Moore immediately. Let the new OC bring in his own playbook. I would wait and see how Dak operates this new Offense before I throw 25 million a year.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Amari 100% makes sense and we all knew it was coming the day the trade was made

I really don’t want them to extend Dak this off season. They have another year under contract. No need to rush into a decision. See if he is able to improve before locking him up.

But it seems inevitable at this point.

I agree to some extent. However, Amari really likes Dak. And Dak really seems to connect with Amari like no other receiver he's had. But I don't think they should be extending Dak or Cooper right now. Heck, they should not even be discussing it.

The main discussion should be about winning. Not about money.