Twitter: Rapoport: Cowboys Hope to Reach Extensions with Amari and Dak this offseason

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
McNabb was actually a playmaker.

Exactly.......sounds like a few fans need to research McNabb's stats and accomplishments as a starter. If Dak can accomplish half of what McNabb did as an Eagles starter we win at least one Super Bowl.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
100% agree. I would replace Linehan and Moore immediately. Let the new OC bring in his own playbook. I would wait and see how Dak operates this new Offense before I throw 25 million a year.

I would not pay Dak 25 million a year. Probably Blake Brotles money like 17-18 million. I think the Cowboys are smart of discussing this now then wait till Dak does well enough with the new OC to demand 25 million.

TheHerd

Reaction score
ACooper is only getting 13.9m next year..... if he wants big money now he has to give some back on AAV

Same with Dak...... turning down 30-55m guaranteed is hard to do

I hope youryo right on both counts. It's just hard to imagine Dak agreeing to 17M given the gushing Jed had been doing. But maybe Dak will see the wisdom in taking a pile of money but not so much that we can't keep/add the other pieces.

KeepinTime

Reaction score
If they extend Dak in the offseason, which I think is a mistake, they better plan on changing the OC and QB coach. The hiring of Kellen Moore as QB coach was one of the biggest farces I’ve ever witnessed.
I was closely watching Dak and Moore’s interactions on the bench during the Skins game and Dak looked like he wasn’t even listening to a word Moore was saying. Not a good sign. Anyone else notice this? Moore looks clueless.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
like most people said I'm for Cooper being extended but not Dak, but if they do extend Dak they should go all in and get him a great TE, and maybe another receiver if Beasley walks.

If you surround Dak with a talented TE and another receiver he'll do okay. He's doing ok with Amari for such a short period of time. I would like to think he would be do even better with top end TE and another receiver also.

If we secure him now before he shows more improvements we can get him for cheap. Probably between 15-18 million. Dallas has leverage right now. Dak will only improve the more we start surrounding him with talent.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I would not pay Dak 25 million a year. Probably Blake Brotles money like 17-18 million. I think the Cowboys are smart of discussing this now then wait till Dak does well enough with the new OC to demand 25 million.

Pretty sure he's not signing any deal less than the franchise tag of $23M. He knows the FO have limited options.... release him, long-term deal or franchise tag. Needless to say, the QB position is not one you changing players every 2-3 years.

starfan1

Reaction score
I was closely watching Dak and Moore’s interactions on the bench during the Skins game and Dak looked like he wasn’t even listening to a word Moore was saying. Not a good sign. Anyone else notice this? Moore looks clueless.
Didn’t notice but if that’s the case smart move by Dak not much unlike Romo doing his own thing

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Pretty sure he's not signing any deal less than the franchise tag of $23M. He knows the FO have limited options.... release him, long-term deal or franchise tag. Needless to say, the QB position is not one you changing players every 2-3 years.

I kinda disagree. I think Dak will sign for less. He knows if he leaves Dallas he might not get another opportunity to start elsewhere. He will sign a very team friendly contract that both sides can agree on.

Then the team will surround him with better weapons such as a TE.

That's how I would play Dak. Dallas has leverage right now. So might as well use it.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I kinda disagree. I think Dak will sign for less. He knows if he leaves Dallas he might not get another opportunity to start elsewhere. He will sign a very team friendly contract that both sides can agree on.

Then the team will surround him with better weapons such as a TE.

That's how I would play Dak. Dallas has leverage right now. So might as well use it.

You sure about that? Remember Jerry just said last week he wouldn't trade Dak for TWO first round picks. Other words, FO has very clear Dak is our future QB. Even admitted their intention of using 2019 first round pick not on a QB but WR if they had not traded for Cooper. So IF we let him walk, who's your 2020 QB starter?

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
You sure about that? Remember Jerry just said last week he wouldn't trade Dak for TWO first round picks. Other words, FO has very clear Dak is our future QB. Even admitted their intention of using 2019 first round pick not on a QB but WR if they had not traded for Cooper. So IF we let him walk, who's your 2020 QB starter?

I doubt Dallas will let Dak walk. But the longer they wait to sign Dak to a contract the more expensive he will be. The Cowboys are doing the right thing by leveraging Dak's lack of effectiveness right now as a bargaining chip. Soon they will have to give him more weapons like Amari and next thing WE all know, Dak will become a very expensive QB to sign.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score

Jerry Jone's has repeatedly said stuff and gone back on it.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Extend Dak, but prior to that we need to rethink the play calling and how you utilize your weapons appropriately. Too many times we have under utilized weapons and talent.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Let’s say Dalls makes the playoffs and wins the East but do not extend Dak. If the team does the same thing next year, would it cost more to sign him then?

lk8701

Reaction score
Just let Dak play out his rookie contract then give him a 2nd round tender.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
But that also means 900k for 2019

So that is 23m/17 or 1.35m per week starting in Sept 2020 with NO future guarantees
OR
a 30m signing bonus in March 2019 with another 25m+ guaranteed before 2020

Classic bird in the hand

jjktkk

Reaction score
Tank the 2019 season and draft Tua Tagovailvoa in the 2020 draft. Having Tua on a cheap cost controlled rookie contract for 5 years would result in 1-2 Super Bowl wins.
Did this strategy of yours work on Madden?