Twitter: Rapoport: Cowboys Hope to Reach Extensions with Amari and Dak this offseason

birdwells1

Reaction score
why does Dallas even leak crap like this during the season? everyone on earth knows that they want Amari - why else give up a first rounder for him...so why bring up an under-achieving Dak??

This FO is such a bunch of buffoons - I bet ol' JJ things that he will build Dak's confidence by spewing this crap publicly....
They're trying to break it to us gently, PR firms often "leak" info to see the public's initial reaction.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SFTD-8.31.17-Feature.jpg

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Amari 100% makes sense and we all knew it was coming the day the trade was made

I really don’t want them to extend Dak this off season. They have another year under contract. No need to rush into a decision. See if he is able to improve before locking him up.

But it seems inevitable at this point.
Get him cheap. He is only going to get better with a true number one in Cooper and when we get a new OC.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Amari 100% makes sense and we all knew it was coming the day the trade was made

I really don’t want them to extend Dak this off season. They have another year under contract. No need to rush into a decision. See if he is able to improve before locking him up.

But it seems inevitable at this point.
Thank you, perfectly stated.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Exactly.......sounds like a few fans need to research McNabb's stats and accomplishments as a starter. If Dak can accomplish half of what McNabb did as an Eagles starter we win at least one Super Bowl.
Why would you say that if the eagles never won a superbowl with him?

dckid

Reaction score

Regarding Dak I don’t know what the rush is. Remember even average qb’s like Keenum and Bradford get 18 million a year. I hope the boys offer an incentive based contract where they can get out if things don’t go well.

starcity214

Reaction score
Regarding Dak I don’t know what the rush is. Remember even average qb’s like Keenum and Bradford get 18 million a year. I hope the boys offer an incentive based contract where they can get out if things don’t go well.

It's all about the brand with Jerrah.

I live in Dallas and every time I go to a convenient store, Dak's mug is plastered all over the merchandise in cups and on advertisements. You would think at least one of those would have Zeke's face or Tank Lawrence but nope... Never have I seen such a mediocre player being propped up to be the face of a franchise.

Why would Jerry get rid of his cash cow? It's all about the brand and money with Jerry.

HungryLion

Reaction score
It's all about the brand with Jerrah.

I live in Dallas and every time I go to a convenient store, Dak's mug is plastered all over the merchandise in cups and on advertisements. You would think at least one of those would have Zeke's face or Tank Lawrence but nope... Never have I seen such a mediocre player being propped up to be the face of a franchise.

Why would Jerry get rid of his cash cow? It's all about the brand and money with Jerry.

That must drive you crazy.

elcowboi

Reaction score
If they lock Dak in, he would still be cheap compared to the other contracts given out recently. He knows that as well as the Boys.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
28-15 as a starter with very good numbers and still just 25 years old. Only an idiot would let such production simply walk out the door.

And for those of you who think we’re winning “in spite of Dak,” learn football. Remember how terrible we were in 2015 without Romo and before Dak???

What a bad post.

How much self confidence does it take to write something like this ?

I wish i had that.

Nav22

Reaction score
What a bad post.

How much self confidence does it take to write something like this ?

I wish i had that.
Yeah, you have something else entirely. It’s not confidence.

Dak’s in 1st place again. I love how flustered that makes people like you.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
There is only 1 GM in the league that would give Dak franchise QB money right now. Aren’t we so lucky as Cowboys fans that we have that GM?