Video: Rapoport explains why the Cowboys traded Coop

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Hawkeye0202, Mar 13, 2022.

1. Flamma

Flamma Well-Known Member

15,078 Messages
    12,623 Likes Received
    Yes. Jerry will restructure Dak again in 2023. He has to, or else Dak is an almost 50M cap hit. Then in order to avoid another massive cap hit in 2024, another extension he will get.

As an aside, I did not write that post you quoted.

2. Flamma

Flamma Well-Known Member

15,078 Messages
    12,623 Likes Received
  3. PAPPYDOG

PAPPYDOG There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    13,912 Messages
    21,493 Likes Received
    Good plan but will never happen with #4 under center.
    He will make sure we finish 8-9 or 7-10 to be out of any possible franchise QB pick-up.
    Lucky that Dak as he has the NFC East Garbage to guarantee the above!
    I can still see him jumping for joy at Giant stadium after a TD pass to Beasley having been eliminated the week before from the playoffs......

4. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

58,797 Messages
    22,971 Likes Received
    Simple.

They want to pay big money to QB and difference-making talent. This means you only pay 20million to a receiver that is a Randy Moss type difference maker. Personally I wouldn't pay the QB, but the Cowboys did and you have to pay outlandish amounts for QB so just put that one in your rearview mirror. But the other positions should only be paid premium if they are complete difference makers.

Now on to the coaching. If you're going to go bargain on everything except QB, you need your coaching to be up to par and our OC was NOT up to par last year. Instead of a buddy buddy type coach like Kellen Moore, you need one that can bark and get Dak's attention. You also need to devise a plan around Dak's inabilities. If Dak doesn't show anything this year, you may have to outright cut him and eat his salary. We can't keep going around and round with this QB and coaching staff, we need results or get out.

5. vlad

vlad Well-Known Member

2,428 Messages
    1,455 Likes Received
    I am dubious of this report given contacts just given out.

i wouldn’t be surprised if the truth is Stephen took less than what was available in order to send him to a certain dumpster fire QB situation in order to make himself look better.

that guy is a clown

6. droopdog7

droopdog7 Well-Known Member

4,939 Messages
    3,865 Likes Received
    Ha! You know tour analogy is off right? Nice try though.

7. NumOneQB

NumOneQB Well-Known Member

3,123 Messages
    2,668 Likes Received
    That’s what happens when your job in the Front Office of a team is NEVER on the line. You get to keep on comin’ back and do it all over again! 25 years in a row….

Hawkeye19 likes this.
  8. Ranched

Ranched "We Are Penn State"

32,920 Messages
    80,316 Likes Received
    I don't believe it. Dallas is now the second franchise that has moved Cooper for reasons that are unclear, & the fact that the rest of the NFL wasn’t that excited to trade for the WR is very curious.