Reaction score
  • Correct #s after this years adjustment:
Year.......Base Salary.......... Prorated Bonus
2022......$1,600,000................$18,130,000
2023......$31,000,000..............$18,130,000
2024......$29,000,000..............$18,130,000
2025........ Void........................$18,130,000
2026........ Void........................ $3,680,000

Like another poster stated, next year is a large # against the cap.........$49,130,000.
Jerry might redo Dak next year (extend his contract) instead of waiting.

Dak's cap charge.......2023....$49,130,000
" " " " cap charge........2024....$47,130,000

No Dak, voided years
..cap charge.........2025,2026...$21,810,000

Thats right, we now have a hit of almost 22 mil for Dak after he leaves.
Depending on what Jerry does next year, this # will get alot larger for life after Dak.

This is not going to end well....

raw

Yes. Jerry will restructure Dak again in 2023. He has to, or else Dak is an almost 50M cap hit. Then in order to avoid another massive cap hit in 2024, another extension he will get.

As an aside, I did not write that post you quoted.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The best thing about this trade is seeing how Dak does next year. Maybe if he tanks and we tank they get a high draft pick and select his replacement.
Good plan but will never happen with #4 under center.
He will make sure we finish 8-9 or 7-10 to be out of any possible franchise QB pick-up.
Lucky that Dak as he has the NFC East Garbage to guarantee the above!
I can still see him jumping for joy at Giant stadium after a TD pass to Beasley having been eliminated the week before from the playoffs......

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Simple.

They want to pay big money to QB and difference-making talent. This means you only pay 20million to a receiver that is a Randy Moss type difference maker. Personally I wouldn't pay the QB, but the Cowboys did and you have to pay outlandish amounts for QB so just put that one in your rearview mirror. But the other positions should only be paid premium if they are complete difference makers.

Now on to the coaching. If you're going to go bargain on everything except QB, you need your coaching to be up to par and our OC was NOT up to par last year. Instead of a buddy buddy type coach like Kellen Moore, you need one that can bark and get Dak's attention. You also need to devise a plan around Dak's inabilities. If Dak doesn't show anything this year, you may have to outright cut him and eat his salary. We can't keep going around and round with this QB and coaching staff, we need results or get out.

vlad

Reaction score
I am dubious of this report given contacts just given out.

i wouldn’t be surprised if the truth is Stephen took less than what was available in order to send him to a certain dumpster fire QB situation in order to make himself look better.

that guy is a clown

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Trust and equity are like bank accounts. You make deposits. You make withdrawals.

The Jones boys have overdrawn their account. Literally there is zero confidence on any decision they make because all goodwill and faith in their leadership has eroded.

This offseason has been terrible. Their response to the loss vs SF has amounted to their rubbing salt in the wounds of their fans.

They could actually make a decent decision and technically be “right” in a cut or signing— but they are still “wrong” on so many fronts that it is pissing into a hurricane at this point.

That’s what happens when your job in the Front Office of a team is NEVER on the line. You get to keep on comin’ back and do it all over again! 25 years in a row….

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I don't believe it. Dallas is now the second franchise that has moved Cooper for reasons that are unclear, & the fact that the rest of the NFL wasn’t that excited to trade for the WR is very curious.