Twitter: Rapoport: Garrett and Cowboys headed toward divorce

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

Anybody with one properly firing neuron already knows this, really earth shattering news.

Stephen Jones said before the season started that Garrett had to get the team “over the hump” and everybody knew that was code for “get past Divisional round”.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Some one do the math for me, how many does the eagles have to win for the cowboys to be eliminated?
If Philly beats us, they got tiebreak on us due to common opponent record, so they just need to finish with same record as us and we are out.

zerofill

Reaction score
Well, that means he is gone! Because unless it is a team with a losing record, we are 1 and done. Well, unless it was the Jets, since we can't beat them either.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Im hoping for a eagles win vs giants and then win vs rams and then beat us....sad i know but im done with Garrett Coached cowboys.

I'm hoping cowboys lose vs rams and lose to the eagles.

If those things happen I believe the eagles clinch the division.

Garrett hopefully gets fired but really we only have one game left vs the Commanders that would be fore nothing so I hope we lose that game too (for draft purposes).

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
So again because JJ doesn’t want to “fire” his favorite son Garret we have to hope we lose or go to a SB.

Sometimes firing the head coach sends a message to the players. Maybe sparks a run who knows.

JJ is delusional. He wants so bad for Garret to make something happen. And it won’t
Exactly.....the time has come

Jerry should realize that when it gets to the point that a large percentage of your fan base is openly rooting for losses despite the team still being in first place because they hate the coach so bad, there is no salvaging that. Just fire him already.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I think the Eagles have to win out.

If we keep losing snd they win through the game with us they could clinch. So let’s say they win tomorrow and we have mirror records. Next week Rams best us snd they beat Washington they are a game up. If they then beat us they will be 2 up with one to play. That or they win out and no matter we do they what we do they’re in

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Well, that means he is gone! Because unless it is a team with a losing record, we are 1 and done. Well, unless it was the Jets, since we can't beat them either.
Yeah, kinda hard to make a deep playoff run when you can’t beat anybody over .500

mkindred

Reaction score
I think the Eagles have to win out.

Close, if they win out they are guaranteed a spot. But they can afford one more loss against Giants or Skins (Weeks 14, 15, or 17) as long as Dallas doesn't beat both the Rams and Commanders in weeks 15 and 17 respectively.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Exactly.....the time has come

Jerry should realize that when it gets to the point that a large percentage of your fan base is openly rooting for losses despite the team still being in first place because they hate the coach so bad, there is no salvaging that. Just fire him already.
Of course the time has come and passed.

The fact Jerry doesn’t tells us more about our situation than most want to admit.

Kaiser

Reaction score
The bigger question is why doesn’t Jerry fire him?

Because bringing someone in from the outside so late in the season would cause more problems than it solved.

But if this a divorce, Jerry has printed the legal papers and has a locksmith standing outside the family home ready to change the locks.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I hear Div 3 Western Omaha is interested.
We’ll see but there’s rumors already in NFL.

Look around the league. There’s several worst HC’s .
Garrett in recent years ranks about average to slightly below average which could land him another opportunity since no one really expects to have much success with Jerry.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Because bringing someone in from the outside so late in the season would cause more problems than it solved.

But if this a divorce, Jerry has printed the legal papers and has a locksmith standing outside the family home ready to change the locks.
It shouldn’t matter. You cut out the Lame Duck. The season is over if not. Probably is anyway which is just more reason to let him go.

And anyone currently on staff can multi task for 3 games.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Well, being passive on the sideline and skinny up front sure as hell isn't the ticket.

True, fatter and slower up fr
Well, being passive on the sideline and skinny up front sure as hell isn't the ticket.

If Garrett suddenly started yelling on the sideline, I doubt the results change.

I bet when Brady finally retires... he doesn’t reminisce about how Belichick’s yelling propelled them to 6 Super Bowl victories.

Nor do I think in this day and age, with the proliferation of the passing game, more RPO, more athletic QBs, and QBs getting the ball out faster than in the past is the answer to get slower and less athletic upfront. Just because we don’t have the talent up front doesn’t mean athletic pass rushers with quickness is wrong philosophically... just means we didn’t acquire the talent to do it.

Praxit

Reaction score
..nope, leading no one, anywhere. Rams 57 Cowboys 10