Rapoport response to Jerry's claim Garrett having 5 coaching offers

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
You thought they'd maybe have stopped?

Of course not.

Before the season the JG haters claimed 8-8 or worse. No one predicted us winning the division or a playoff game. Despite that happening, they regurgitated the same old garbage.

I just find it funny that every time JG succeeds or gets credit from objective national reporters, they keep claiming the same stuff despite empirical evidence to the contrary.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
f6016e2920467330a7784fdadae029ad.gif

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Of course not.

Before the season the JG haters claimed 8-8 or worse. No one predicted us winning the division or a playoff game. Despite that happening, they regurgitated the same old garbage.

I just find it funny that every time JG succeeds or gets credit from objective national reporters, they keep claiming the same stuff despite empirical evidence to the contrary.

The goal posts keep sliding. I point it out and the comments get ignored. I’m Billy Pilgrim over here. So it goes.

This very thread is a good example. How many times have we heard Garrett would never get another OC gig in this league if fired? Let alone another HC gig? Now in this thread it’s essentially “Ha! He’d be lucky if he even got two HC offers!” Ummmmm.

ClintDagger

Reaction score
A different view to the 5 offers (offers of what is never mentioned)
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...rett-would-be-in-high-demand-if-a-free-agent/
Yeah, I just don’t see why Garrett would garner that much attention. One offer? Maybe. Gase got a job again after all although he has a QB whisperer reputation and that will keep you around in this league. Garrett doesn’t have any kind of genius rep. I think he’s seen as a good motivator and solid character coach. But there’s nothing sexy about him to the rest of the league IMO.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
A different view to the 5 offers (offers of what is never mentioned)
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...rett-would-be-in-high-demand-if-a-free-agent/

Here's the difference IMO .....Jerry rubs elbows on a daily basis with the ones actually making these kinds of decisions, owners and GMs. Fans and media do not.....at the end of the day all we can do is speculate. My guess is after we secured a playoff berth week 16, Jerry got few props from fellow owners and GMs for his coach pulling the team out a 3-5 hole and it's possible he's exaggerating a bit. But I'm not sure we as fans are privilege with enough info to flat out say he's lying.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
There are some owners who don't care about winning a Super Bowl. They just want their teams to be competitive so that the fans stay hopeful and continue to buy products, goods and services from the team.
Garrett would be good for such a team and appealing to said team's owner.

You just described us bro:laugh:

A team that hasn't sniffed a SB in eons, yet stays competitive in order to sale tickets and merchandise.

If that doesn't describe the current state of the Dallas Cowboys, I dont know what does:facepalm:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
The goal posts keep sliding. I point it out and the comments get ignored. I’m Billy Pilgrim over here. So it goes.

This very thread is a good example. How many times have we heard Garrett would never get another OC gig in this league if fired? Let alone another HC gig? Now in this thread it’s essentially “Ha! He’d be lucky if he even got two HC offers!” Ummmmm.

Winning Wildcard games would make you a king in Cleveland...……...they would love Garrett there, no doubt about it.

I thought the bar was a little bit higher for Dallas, but I guess not.:(