News: Rapoport says Dallas making a push to get Dak Deal done before March 10

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Lost?? going from 600k to at least 30 million means he bet on himself and lost? LOL!!!

He didn’t lose financially.

He just didn’t go out there and prove all the “haters” wrong.

We are right where we left off with him.. Thinking he is a slightly above mediocre QB that needs a lot of pieces around him to ever win a title.

To not make the playoffs and our record against good teams be as bad as it was somehow that was a successful bet?

ICP

Reaction score
Sign Dak but I'd think twice before signing Coop long term, he showed his old Raider ways far too much last season. Yeah, I know it's possible he was fighting injury but it was still disturbing how often he disappeared

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Yeah.. The problem is we’re the team that thinks they have one like the Vikings and 9ers think they have one.

Goff sucks.. I would take Dak over Goff but I wouldn’t pay either one of them because neither guy is that good.

If you want to defend the stupidity of paying mediocre QBs then be my guest but when we look back on this years from now and the light bulb finally goes off in fans and NFL teams heads that they don’t need to pay a fortune for mediocrity then don’t say I didn’t tell you so..

An optimal environment for a QB can get guys like Tannehill to perform so unless you have Patrick Mahomes quality then don’t pay elite prices for a mediocre QB.
You haven’t been right about anything so far so who are you to believe in. Nobody.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Compromise has to kick in at some point. Dak and his agent don;t get to have their cake and eat it too. If you want that shorter term deal? It requires you to take less than top of the market salary. Otherwise, we'll just tag you for two years for less money overall and you can worry about making less and worrying about injury or poor play.

Two sides to this coin.

Again, I think that's just hope speaking because people don't want to see him get paid but he can also not show up and/or hold out. That's mighty big leverage. Same boat as Zeke last year. We remember how that played out after hearing similar hope speak.

Reaction score
NOTE TO ALL DAK HATERS:

I deal is going to get done. I can't tell you exactly when, but it will get done.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Compromise has to kick in at some point. Dak and his agent don;t get to have their cake and eat it too. If you want that shorter term deal? It requires you to take less than top of the market salary. Otherwise, we'll just tag you for two years for less money overall and you can worry about making less and worrying about injury or poor play.

Two sides to this coin.
You guys have it backwards. Dak is the one who wants a long term deal.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He didn’t lose financially.

He just didn’t go out there and prove all the “haters” wrong.

We are right where we left off with him.. Thinking he is a slightly above mediocre QB that needs a lot of pieces around him to ever win a title.

To not make the playoffs and our record against good teams be as bad as it was somehow that was a successful bet?
He didnt prove you wrong, many haters are reasonable people and have seen the error of their ways. Some are not. You must think you are the leader of the haters if you think you can speak for all of them.. @PAPPYDOG might not like you taking the throne of haters!!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Again, I think that's just hope speaking because people don't want to see him get paid but he can also not show up and/or hold out. That's mighty big leverage.

So is talking to Tom Brady or any number of available quarterbacks about the job in Dallas. Two can play that game.

Same boat as Zeke last year. We remember how that played out after hearing similar hope speak.

I don't remember there being a bunch of running backs being free agents to sign. And I also don;t consider caving in to Elliott's demands as any sort of a 'success story'.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He didnt prove you wrong, many haters are reasonable people and have seen the error of their ways. Some are not. You must think you are the leader of the haters if you think you can speak for all of them.. @PAPPYDOG might not like you taking the throne of haters!!

I’m not even a Dak hater.. I like Dak..

I’m just not delusional Cowboy fan that thinks he’s super awesome and in the same breathe complain about every aspect of the team that isn’t perfect and think we’re going to pay him like he is elite and provide all the things he needs to win a championship.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m not even a Dak hater.. I like Dak..

I’m just not delusional Cowboy fan that thinks he’s super awesome and in the same breathe complain about every aspect of the team that isn’t perfect and think we’re going to pay him like he is elite and provide all the things he needs to win a championship.
OK, @PAPPYDOG can rest easy.

Reaction score
Many people here thinking it's the team that's dragging out these negotiations.

Based on what I've read, I think it's much more likely that it's Dak and his agents that are dragging this out, not the team.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You guys have it backwards. Dak is the one who wants a long term deal.

giphy.gif