News: Rapoport says Dallas making a push to get Dak Deal done before March 10

fivetwos

Reaction score
If it were my decision? I'd always be looking to some degree. Like Green Bay did, I'd be drafting one every few years, to develop or trade off.
There was a time when Romo really could have benefitted from a push from a reasonably high draft pick.

Not how it works in Jerry's world. Everyone is friends. Dont wanna insult anyone. Jerry still hasn't the slightest clue how his desire to be liked is the biggest detriment to winning, and he never will. And he will never be convinced otherwise.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There was a time when Romo really could have benefitted from a push from a reasonably high draft pick.

Not how it works in Jerry's world. Everyone is friends. Dont wanna insult anyone. Jerry still hasn't the slightest clue how his desire to be liked is the biggest detriment to winning, and he never will. And he will never be convinced otherwise.

A billion dollar NFL franchise run like a family Mom & Pop store. And everybody much more worried about perception and feelings and being liked than on being successful on the field.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Pretty good numbers there, but I think the Cowboys want more term.

Not that they'll get their way, but doing 4 years means giving Dak something like 5 x 250 when he's 31 next time. This is why the Cowboys would, I think, be comfortable at something like 8 x 304 ($38m). Dak won't go for it, for obvious reasons, but the high sticker price now gives good value later.
From Walker tweets today, it looks like the Cowboys are looking for a longer deal. Over 5 years. Unless I missed it, it didnt specify exactly how long though

fivetwos

Reaction score
A billion dollar NFL franchise run like a family Mom & Pop store. And everybody much more worried about perception and feelings and being liked than on being successful on the field.
He just doesnt make that connection.

He wants to win, but no one is ever going to convince him the culture that he created hurts that chance. I'm not sure anyone tries to tell him that.

If they did, he would never believe it anyway. Decades of futility coupled with the fact that no other pro sports franchise is run that way isnt enough.

No single person can play two roles that contradict each other, but his arrogance causes blindness to reality.

Fans pay the price.

Oneiros

Reaction score
From Walker tweets today, it looks like the Cowboys are looking for a longer deal. Over 5 years. Unless I missed it, it didnt specify exactly how long though
From what I recall I believe that when they were previously close that the Cowboys were looking for a 7-year deal while Dak was looking for a 4-5 year deal.

Sounds like they were close on money at that time though.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Why should they stop? You think he has those deals being the QB of the Jets?

I don't care if they are worth $10mil... still a lot of money, and being the QB of the Dallas Cowboys always brings more.

Fact. The Jets QB has a giant, misshapen head and little success on the field.

Not about being the Cowboys QB here. Dak makes more in endorsements than an ugly, underperforming white dude who was a high draft pick and, so far, a disappointing player.

But yeah. Make that comparison

cristglo

Reaction score
If the Cowboys were smart just sign him to a 5 yr deal start looking to develop QB's in the mean time. Im 5 years a QB will cost you 50+.
Sign him for the 5 yr 33mil a yr and move on.

garyo1954

Reaction score
March 1 they'll release the new salary cap numbers and Dak will want $5 million above that. Time to quit playing and either get it done or tag him.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yeah if Dak was a Super Bowl champion I’d pay him whatever.. The damage is done and we would be champions..

The problem is we haven’t even sniffed that yet and he’s going to get paid like he has because market... Even though these other overpaid QBs at least went to the Super Bowl and in Wentz’s case his team won it so who really cares if it doesn’t work out by overpaying.

I really hate the argument when people say Dak bet on himself this year too and act like he should be proud of the season he had and he made it clear he is worth 35 mill a year lol.

Dak bet on himself and lost. He proved he is dependent on everyone around him more then ever.
Dak won big time and proved trolls like you are completely clueless. What does it feel like to be completely wrong?

oh wait.....it makes you whine every day and say dumb things. Lol

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Dak won big time and proved trolls like you are completely clueless. What does it feel like to be completely wrong?

oh wait.....it makes you whine every day and say dumb things. Lol
Won what??? Your heart?

He wins my heart with playoff sucess, which hasn't happend yet. Not with an 8-8 record and a dissapearing act last year.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Yeah if Dak was a Super Bowl champion I’d pay him whatever.. The damage is done and we would be champions..

The problem is we haven’t even sniffed that yet and he’s going to get paid like he has because market... Even though these other overpaid QBs at least went to the Super Bowl and in Wentz’s case his team won it so who really cares if it doesn’t work out by overpaying.

I really hate the argument when people say Dak bet on himself this year too and act like he should be proud of the season he had and he made it clear he is worth 35 mill a year lol.

Dak bet on himself and lost. He proved he is dependent on everyone around him more then ever.
All those games during the regular season sure exposed Dak. We can throw out the Saints game and say they were the better team and take the Vikings game and say it was a close one that anybody could of won. The jets game well everyone stumbles once in a while. But the They got the Bills on Thanksgiving and Chicago after that and both times the offense was pathetic in games they really needed a win. The philadelphia game just made me sick. A game where the Eagles were on life support and Dak lays the biggest egg. People want to blame the defense and special teams but that still doesnt explain why the offense is kicking nothing but field goals in the biggest games of the season.

zerofill

Reaction score
Fact. The Jets QB has a giant, misshapen head and little success on the field.

Not about being the Cowboys QB here. Dak makes more in endorsements than an ugly, underperforming white dude who was a high draft pick and, so far, a disappointing player.

But yeah. Make that comparison

You are going to be hard pressed to find people agreeing with you, that being the Cowboys QB doesn't affect his endorsement deals lol.

Besides the fact that I was comparing him to that QB specifically, and you know it.

I was comparing the team... big difference between being the QB of the most valuable franchise in sports, versus the stupid Jets.

Come on man...

phildadon86

Reaction score
Won what??? Your heart?

He wins my heart with playoff sucess, which hasn't happend yet. Not with an 8-8 record and a dissapearing act last year.
He has half the playoff success of Romo in a quarter of the time.

garyo1954

Reaction score
All those games during the regular season sure exposed Dak. We can throw out the Saints game and say they were the better team and take the Vikings game and say it was a close one that anybody could of won. The jets game well everyone stumbles once in a while. But the They got the Bills on Thanksgiving and Chicago after that and both times the offense was pathetic in games they really needed a win. The philadelphia game just made me sick. A game where the Eagles were on life support and Dak lays the biggest egg. People want to blame the defense and special teams but that still doesnt explain why the offense is kicking nothing but field goals in the biggest games of the season.

A field goal against a winless Jets team makes the Philly game meaningless. Dak had 0 TDs in a 22-24 loss.
A field goal vs NO makes the Philly game meaningless. Dak had 0 TDs in a 10-12 loss.
A TD against NE makes the Philly game meaningless. Dak 0 in a 9-13 loss.

Three chances to win the division. And three fails.

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
Franchise Dak or even let him walk and use that money to sign players:

Eagles L, L
Commanders L, W
Giants L, W
Min L
Atl L
Sea L
Cincy W
Cle L
Balt L