Rapoport: Watson officially requests trade

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Sorry to interrupt this love fest between you and Rayman, but wasn't the score going into the 4th qt 41 to 14.

Cleveland had a 27 point lead in the 4th qt. and you're saying Prescott kept Dallas in the game.

Dallas scored at the two minute mark of the 1st quarter and didn't score again till the 12 minute mark of the 4th quarter. That's almost 2.5 quarters of nothing. That's how Dallas stayed in the game!

Wake up people.

True, and Dak was rallying us then, but I don't think he turned the ball over that game. We couldn't stop the run at all that day either. Everyone that saw that game knew that.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
your ignoring the entire point...THE D has sucked in Dallas and 2020 was no exception. That is/was the point being made really.

Exactly! Just as I blamed the defence when we lost the Broncos game in 2013, I blame the defence for the Cleveland game too. As I recall, we had Cleveland on the ropes until Jaylon Smith decided to be a moron and facemask a ball carrier that was already stopped. The momentum changed from there, and Dak ended up being able to rally us to nearly win the game despite the defence being downright putrid.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
OK, so we CAN use playoff wins to decide how good a QB is?

Great, now let’s look at W/L in playoffs for Wilson and Dak

:muttley:

Was going to say the same. So we take away Wilson’s SB win and other appearance and hang his elite status on the Dak game. Got it!

Rayman70

Reaction score
iu
Wentz and Watson.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Exactly! Just as I blamed the defence when we lost the Broncos game in 2013, I blame the defence for the Cleveland game too. As I recall, we had Cleveland on the ropes until Jaylon Smith decided to be a moron and facemask a ball carrier that was already stopped. The momentum changed from there, and Dak ended up being able to rally us to nearly win the game despite the defence being downright putrid.
the 1 consistent good thing we had was Dak, period.

Lutonio

Reaction score
Dak beat him in the playoffs because we had a significantly better team than Seattle and we played them at home.

Asking me to not bring up that we were a better team is just stupid. I give a **** about your stats. That Seattle team was a 1 man show.
And Pete had the worst game plan ever for that one. They came in with a run heavy plan and hardly used Wilson at all. This was when they started yelling to let Russ cook.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Exactly. When we had Dak, we at least had a chance.
With a good leader and fighter at QB that believes, ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN. He has that IT factor. Guys like Goff, Wentz, and others tend to have "shrinkage issues.' Dak is at his best and wants the ball when things are at their worst. Romo was that way, Troy, Roger and Danny. Dak is right there at very least with Danny.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
His contract isn't that bad. After 2022, you could cut him and save a ton against the cap. The reality is cap hits for elite/great QBs is going to be high going forward. Now draft capital, that's another discussion.

The contract isn't so much the issue itself. You still have to pay him but you still need draft capital to get him. That's going to kill a team.

MrPhil

Reaction score
Why would we pay him his contract and also give up draft picks? Is he going to fix our run defence? I cant see him coming onto the field and stopping a RB.

Not only that but, if he is unhappy with the way the Texans are run, what makes you think he would be in this circus?

Rayman70

Reaction score
Not only that but, if he is unhappy with the way the Texans are run, what makes you think he would be in this circus?
The texans are awful on a diff. level lol...they are being ran like a D league...or like a Highschool type deal. Its really embarrassing. Watson knew this however when he signed that fat contract months ago. I would make him stay honestly. Houston didnt suddenly start being ran poorly after he signed lol..SO HE KNEW what he was getting into 100%.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
With a good leader and fighter at QB that believes, ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN. He has that IT factor. Guys like Goff, Wentz, and others tend to have "shrinkage issues.' Dak is at his best and wants the ball when things are at their worst. Romo was that way, Troy, Roger and Danny. Dak is right there at very least with Danny.

Danny White was before my time. However, your point is well taken. From what I've read about him, I'd have Dak in the same class atm as Romo and Danny.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Danny White was before my time. However, your point is well taken. From what I've read about him, I'd have Dak in the same class atm as Romo and Danny.
Go look up some old games from the early to mid 80's. Look up the Falcons/dallas NFC playoff game in 1981. Its just 1 example. You will see why I compare them. Danny took Dallas to 3 straight NFC Title games in the early 80's. THAT is hard to do. He didnt have a great defense as they were aging stars at that point and they never did address that.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
And there is absolutely nothing wrong with having a QB of the class of Danny White and Romo. You can win and do very well with QBs like that. You just need to be able to give them at least something decent around them that they can work with. Dak needs at least an average defence around him as just about any QB does. Give him that and have Zeke stop fumbling, and we will have deep playoff runs. It really is that simple.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Go look up some old games from the early to mid 80's. Look up the Falcons/dallas NFC playoff game in 1981. Its just 1 example. You will see why I compare them. Danny took Dallas to 3 straight NFC Title games in the early 80's. THAT is hard to do. He didnt have a great defense as they were aging stars at that point and they never did address that.

Yup, and the same is happening to Dak. He's had aging stars on the oline, broken players like LVE who are good on the rare occasions that they're actually on the field, and a defence that is the worst in the league.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Owners are sissies. No way I'd trade him. He's under contract....play for me or don't play and don't get paid for a good part of your prime career. If you don't show up and make great effort and be a team guy, you eventually kill your NFL opportunities anyway. He knew what the organization was like before he signed that contract. If it was a Dallas super star, no way I'd trade him.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
True, and Dak was rallying us then, but I don't think he turned the ball over that game. We couldn't stop the run at all that day either. Everyone that saw that game knew that.
That game is a really good case study for how throwing the ball renders an opponent's run game useless.

If Jaylon doesn't get called for that dumb facemask penalty, Dallas goes up 3 scores on the next posession causing Cleveland to get one dimensional. Dallas blows them out.