Twitter: RapSheet: Contract talks with McClain are escalating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
If any of them were effective at the position, they wouldn't be taking a meeting and discussing a contract with Terrell McClain. Collins is a 3T playing 1T out of necessity. The other three are journeymen at best.

Yeah, it's called a backup. Jones has some skill and Price has flashed when on the field.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
With all the depth at d-line and the need at safety, and with Seattle having a need at d-line... wouldn't mind trading something like Tapper plus a 3rd rounder or Armstrong plus a 4th rounder for ET.
If Armstrong were to be traded, it would be after he flashed some good potential in preseason games. But at that point, if he's showing the kind of potential a puss rushing DE would need to show to be wanted in a trade, would we trade him?

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He was a big key in 16. Played out of place in 17 in a 3-4. When healthy he will most likely get most of the 1-tech snaps. Will help Collins too.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
If they are going to sign McClain, they'd better have someone in tote as a plug-in backup, because his history shows that he won't make it through the season. He is a solid player though that provides some push on pass rush downs as well as getting good penetration against the run.

Hopefully we can come up with a deep enough rotation that every guy on the DL is getting limited snaps and in doing so may be fresher in the 4th qrt. I watched Philly rotating guys in and out last year along their front and it seemed to pay off for them late in games.

BoysFanInAustin

Reaction score
DL depth...

Lawrence
Irving
McClain
Crawford
Ealy
M. Collins
Price
Charlton
Jones
Gregory (possibly)
Tapper
Ash

Some good players finna be let go.

Billyd

Reaction score
SIGN HIM UP,!! Brice, Mclain, Jones, COLLINS, ASH...3EXECUTE

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I like McClain but his price tag is what ended his time here before. If he's still asking too much, I say we walk away from him. Give him a little raise from what he was making here before but do not give him what the Commanders signed him for. Let the 49ers pay that.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
If they are going to sign McClain, they'd better have someone in tote as a plug-in backup, because his history shows that he won't make it through the season. He is a solid player though that provides some push on pass rush downs as well as getting good penetration against the run.

I think that would be Price's job.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
I may be in the minority here, but I don't think we should be signing McClain. I'd like to find a younger, hungrier player at 1 tech.

Carson

Reaction score
I may be in the minority here, but I don't think we should be signing McClain. I'd like to find a younger, hungrier player at 1 tech.

Going to be tough to find a legit 1 Tech right now.

McClain will be 30 and has multiple starts. There really are no such thing as a bad one year contract. Price is under contract for two more seasons as well. Rod is pretty high on Price.

I don’t mind going with Price and McClain then drafting a 1 Tech next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.