Twitter: RapSheet: Contract talks with McClain are escalating

Status
Not open for further replies.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Going to be tough to find a legit 1 Tech right now.

McClain will be 30 and has multiple starts. There really are no such thing as a bad one year contract. Price is under contract for two more seasons as well. Rod is pretty high on Price.

I don’t mind going with Price and McClain then drafting a 1 Tech next season.

Exactly right, because signing TMac allows us to stall until next season when we can really attack the 1 tech need with the cap space we should have next year.

Billyd

Reaction score
They have Price, Ash, Jones, & Collins that have taken snaps at 1.

PublishedFeb. 1 2018.
By Kristi Scales, Special contributorContact Kristi Scaleson Twitter:mad:kristicowboy

Kristi Scales: Maliek Collins did not have as big an impact in 2017 as he did in his rookie campaign in 2016, but I would not call it a sophomore slump. This is not an excuse, but the truth is that he played this past season with a stress fracture in his foot. He wore a steel plate insert in his shoe during games. It's not the same foot he broke his rookie year. Collins gutted it out all year in spite of the foot injury. Collins finished 2017 with 2 1/2 sacks, 25 pressures, three tackles for loss, 18 tackles and two fumble recoveries. He also moved along the line from 3-technique to nose tackle

HERE is the foot..If stress fracture not sure if surgery or not, but should have had time to recover...

CowboyChris

Reaction score
Going to be tough to find a legit 1 Tech right now.

McClain will be 30 and has multiple starts. There really are no such thing as a bad one year contract. Price is under contract for two more seasons as well. Rod is pretty high on Price.

I don’t mind going with Price and McClain then drafting a 1 Tech next season.
on 2nd thought, a 1-year deal that keeps Maleik at 3T works for me.

Billyd

Reaction score
In 2016 best rushing allowed D..Just no more than one year with an option so two years if we take option...He was hurt first two yearz on last deal.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I RATHER have Datone Jones and Price compete for a role than sign a guy who got cut by the skins.

DiResta

Reaction score
Yeah, it's called a backup. Jones has some skill and Price has flashed when on the field.

2 things

1.)
Cowboys played this great across the board (i may have players names wrong sorry)
Collins draws the double (why? the play was away?) and holds the RG up long enough
for Hitchens to come from mike and blow up the play, just like our mike will be doing later this year btw
Datone or whoever the 1 technique is here makes the play by beating the center immediately and taking him back to the RB
Mayowa(?)does a great job of shedding the pathetic attempt of a block by the LT and seals the edge meeting Hitchens at the ball
Lee skates over the back keeping tight to the line and as usual makes the TE trying to block him look like a scrub (think its Evan Engram?)
even Damien Wilson stones the LG who also makes a pathetic blocking attempt

2.)
They better block better than this **** or Barkley is going to get hit in the backfield a lot
i dont understand this play looks like it was designed to cut back or something but the RB forgot

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
This would be a very good thing....& my adoration for the Stephen/Will decision making combo will grow.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Talks are escalating. Must be a really long escalator unless they are riding them up and down.
I'm still struggling just to get out of the mall... hod on a sec, I got this:

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.