Rate every starter on offense

cowboyec

Reaction score
I'll rank'm vs the league

QB-Dak....#1
FB-Olawale....#1
RB-Zeke...#1(also his ranking vs the planet)
WRs-Cooper,Gallup....#1
TE-Witten...#1
OTs-Smith,Collins...#1
OGs-Martin,Williams...#1
C-Frederick...#1

:starspin:'MERICA'S TEAM:starspin:

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
I did starting eleven with all positions covered. I don't think Cobb gets the 2 spot thats why i had Gallup in the list.

Some of the replies so far are ridiculously sad when they don't contribute and instead complain. Not saying this post is that.

I understand what you did i just think Cobb (taking over Beasley's role ) will be more important to the offense than Gallop will, which is why i brought him up, i think he will get many more looks this season than Gallop will, assuming health of course

JJHLH1

Reaction score
So Dak Prescott is the best player on our offense?

I guess this universe needs to balance the crazy Dak haters with crazy Dak supporters.

Dak is absolutely our best offensive player, and it’s not even close. Without Dak we are a 4 win team.

Sydla

Reaction score
I'll rank'm vs the league

QB-Dak....#1
FB-Olawale....#1
RB-Zeke...#1(also his ranking vs the planet)
WRs-Cooper,Gallup....#1
TE-Witten...#1
OTs-Smith,Collins...#1
OGs-Martin,Williams...#1
C-Frederick...#1

:starspin:'MERICA'S TEAM:starspin:

COWBOYZ!!!!!!!!!!!!

Verdict

Reaction score
1. Frederick (if 100%)
2. Martin
3. Smith (would be higher if it weren't for back issues/concerns)
4. Zeke (I thought about putting him at 1 but the OL is the most important for our offense to have a chance)
5. Cooper

Gap

6. Dak
7. Witten (I'm not on the bandwagon of saying Witten lost 10 steps and suddenly became ineffective, we see these results with other receivers as well)
8. Gallup (could be higher, but there's lot of outside variables that make it hard to accurately judge him or rate him higher)
9. Collins (hasn't take the next step to be impactful)
10. Williams (has a future as long as he progresses)
11. Whoever the FB is

If multiple years of sucking by Witten doesn’t convince you he’s done I’ve got nothing for you.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
LOL? Really? You Dak guys are hilariously defensive over him.

Who in the OP's top 5 would you replace with Dak? Frederick, if healthy, is arguably the best or 2nd best C in the NFL. Martin is the best OG. Smith is one of the Top 3-5 LTs if healthy. Elliott is a Top 2-3 TB. That leaves Cooper. I guess you could argue Dak is a better player than Cooper but it's pretty close.

Me, I'd replace him with you super star

blueblood70

Reaction score
1. Frederick (if 100%)
2. Martin
3. Smith (would be higher if it weren't for back issues/concerns)
4. Zeke (I thought about putting him at 1 but the OL is the most important for our offense to have a chance)
5. Cooper

Gap

6. Dak
7. Witten (I'm not on the bandwagon of saying Witten lost 10 steps and suddenly became ineffective, we see these results with other receivers as well)
8. Gallup (could be higher, but there's lot of outside variables that make it hard to accurately judge him or rate him higher)
9. Collins (hasn't take the next step to be impactful)
10. Williams (has a future as long as he progresses)
11. Whoever the FB is
thats harsh but options are Opinions not reality lol

1.Zeke
2.Smith
3.MARTIN
4.Dak
5.Cooper
6.Fredrick
7.Gallup
8.Witten

everyone else IMO this offense line didnt so much in Zekes absence, Sacks are up, Zeke getting hit behind the line all rams game etc Zeke to me is our Heartbeat but they work together as unit hard to rank them..if you think anyone can run behind this line you having been paying attention Olalwe and Smith did NOTHING, that bonehead who said Murray left meat on the bone, nope nothing...

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How is Z. Martin the 6th best player on offense?

1. Dak
2. Cooper
3. Smith
4. Freddie
5. Zeke
6. Martin
7. Collins
8. C Williams
9. Gallup
10. Coob
11. Witten

I think this list is "importance to the team" not a talent ranking.

I would say this list is the most accurate using that definition.

InTheZone

Reaction score
I think this list is "importance to the team" not a talent ranking.

I would say this list is the most accurate using that definition.
With that in mind you don't think another QB could find success with the best rb, one of the best receivers, and 3 of the best lineman?

There's a difference with finding a driver and making a Civic go fast around a track vs taking a Viper around the track.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Who said he was the 6th best player on offense? Importance
Well by that it looks like we're downplaying the importance of the OL and last I checked around here OL is the reason sacks went up, pass game went down, and overall offense suffered. So how is OL not rated higher, at least the good ones, based on that?

Sydla

Reaction score
Who said he was the 6th best player on offense? Importance

I think 2017 showed us that Dak's "importance" in this offense might be overstated. When he didn't have Elliott and a good running game, he was decidedly mediocre.

erod

Reaction score
1. Frederick (if 100%) A
2. Martin A
3. Smith (would be higher if it weren't for back issues/concerns) A-
4. Zeke (I thought about putting him at 1 but the OL is the most important for our offense to have a chance) A+
5. Cooper A-

Gap

6. Dak C
7. Witten (I'm not on the bandwagon of saying Witten lost 10 steps and suddenly became ineffective, we see these results with other receivers as well) B-
8. Gallup (could be higher, but there's lot of outside variables that make it hard to accurately judge him or rate him higher) B-
9. Collins (hasn't take the next step to be impactful) B-
10. Williams (has a future as long as he progresses) B-
11. Whoever the FB is Better to use a slot receiver here. C

ItzKelz

Reaction score
I think 2017 showed us that Dak's "importance" in this offense might be overstated. When he didn't have Elliott and a good running game, he was decidedly mediocre.
QB is the most important position on offense. Doesn't matter where the RB is ect.

Sydla

Reaction score
QB is the most important position on offense. Doesn't matter where the RB is ect.

That's simply a myth. Bad or average or just slightly above average QBs aren't the most important because they often need the people around them to make them more effective. In that sense, how can they be the most important player on an offense?

ItzKelz

Reaction score
That's simply a myth. Bad or average or just slightly above average QBs aren't the most important because they often need the people around them to make them more effective. In that sense, how can they be the most important player on an offense?
Was it a myth in 2015 and 2016 for the Cowboys?

InTheZone

Reaction score
Was it a myth in 2015 and 2016 for the Cowboys?
Since someone wants to be selective you should know that the coaches cost us a few games despite how bad the qbs were in 2015. 8 wins wins was very doable.