Rate the last movie you saw

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I re-watched The Da Vinci Code as it's on Netflix. I give it a 7 of 10 this time.

The movie didn't seem as good as when I first watched it when it came out.

Angels and Demons was my favorite book. I need to watch that movie again
I agree about the Angels and Demons book. It is one of my favorite books.

I really didn't like the movies though .. the books were so much better.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Predator, HBO. This is the why movie of the year for me. Why did that make it and why did I watch it? Acting, directing and writing were awful, other than that, it was a 10.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The Predator, HBO. This is the why movie of the year for me. Why did that make it and why did I watch it? Acting, directing and writing were awful, other than that, it was a 10.
I just watched it too. I thought it was pretty funny, assuming it was meant to be. And the "why" is easy: Olivia Munn.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just watched it too. I thought it was pretty funny, assuming it was meant to be. And the "why" is easy: Olivia Munn.
My favorite actor in the whole thing is Thomas Jane and he forgot he had Tourettes for the last half of the movie. I am assuming the Predator scared him into not cussing? I don't think the humor was intended. But I've got to give them at least 1 point for Autism, Tourettes, li'l alien, big alien and alien dogs in one movie.

DanteEXT

Reaction score

I actually enjoyed the movie generally speaking. But it fell into the same thing Alien 3 did with creating new versions of the same allen. That part I didn't like. Thought both the alien and the predator were fine the way they were. Xenomorphs are fine being a parasite, didn't need to take on the characteristics of the host and predators were just fine as hunters.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I actually enjoyed the movie generally speaking. But it fell into the same thing Alien 3 did with creating new versions of the same allen. That part I didn't like. Thought both the alien and the predator were fine the way they were. Xenomorphs are fine being a parasite, didn't need to take on the characteristics of the host and predators were just fine as hunters.
Ya know they make these movies like this one and Covenant to appeal to the ardent fans thinking we will be easier when it's just the opposite. The original Alien is the perfect nightmare, then they got to Aliens, the best adventure/sci fi I have ever seen. They tried to capitalize on the success and missed so poorly that they should have juts left well enough alone.

I feel the same with Predator and the second one was a joke with Glover chasing it through major downtown traffic while looking out the window. However, Predators was pretty damned good if you can buy them falling 1000 feet without a chute but they were badasses so I am buying that.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
The Long Shot - Thought it was pretty funny when it didn't let it put it's political bias in the way (thankfully, there is one scene to counter that, but it's still pretty one sided - and needlessly so).

Detective Pikachu - I am sure this offers a lot more to Pokemon fans, but I found it to be a lackluster, bordering on incoherent drag.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Hotel Mumbai - pretty intense portrayal of a real event. No idea how accurate it was, but it certainly didn't pull punches.

The guy next to me gave me some bad vibes. Reminded me of the pirate guy from Captain Phillips (I'm the Captain now). He had a bag with him that he kept reaching around in (and his pockets) he kept burping through the entire thing, and he was creepily laughing at some really dark moments, like he was getting a kick out of these people being killed.

Went to this theater tonight to see The Hustle, and when I got there I was met with flashing lights. They shut down the theater due to a bomb threat.

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/www.kshb.com/news/local-news/amc-town-center-evacuated-due-to-bomb-threat?_amp=true

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Went to this theater tonight to see The Hustle, and when I got there I was met with flashing lights. They shut down the theater due to a bomb threat.

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/www.kshb.com/news/local-news/amc-town-center-evacuated-due-to-bomb-threat?_amp=true
So how would you rate it?

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Lobo is a DC Comics character. The closest Marvel comparison would be Deadpool, but with a more twisted sense of humor and much more violent. He's a galactic bounty hunter and the last of his race because he killed off the rest of his race.

There's a pretty good fan made film that gives you an idea of the character, but because of the language can't link here. Just google Lobo Paramilitary Christmas Special

Kevinicus

Reaction score
The Hustle - short comedy that felt long. Very short on laughs and they found a way to make Anne Hathaway much more annoying than Rebel Wilson.

John Wick 3 - Almost just an extended action scene. Not much there on the story, but what is there does expand the universe a bit. It delivers on what the series is known for. Just flat out great, and often brutal, action. Halle Berry is a bit less believable in her action scenes, but that's a minor quibble and she has help. Sets things up for a 4th at the end and this is where my main gripe with the film lies. Not that there will be a 4th, just a specific event seems a little too hard to believe, even for John Wick.