Rate the last movie you saw

GMO415

Reaction score
The shape of water - It got rave reviews, I thought it was ridiculously lame.
Murder on the orient express - Solid movie, lots of good acting.
Curse of the Mayans - Stay away. Stay far away. Horrible.
Now there's a Shape of Water Vibrator........

Reactions: G2

Kevinicus

Reaction score
This guy. Really does hate every movie he sees. You guess it was supposed to be a metaphor about cancer or self-destruction. If that's all you got of it I can see why you didn't like it.

That's really not what I got out of it, that's what critics who raved about it got out of it. Apparently, they think just being a metaphor for something makes it great. It doesn't.

The characters were bland, the shimmer was bland, the story bland, and the ending was cliched. The movie was cold and lifeless.

I would say it looked good, but it really didn't at my showing (I think something was up with the projector as it was very washed out).

I don't hate many movies (and didn't hate this one), but find most are in the mediocre range.

It's funny, I used to be criticized here for liking Paul Blart (I didn't) and now I am told I hate everything (I don't).

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Finally got around to seeing Black Panther. I give it an 8 out of 10. Michael B. Jordan is, in my opinion, one of the best, most complex villains yet seen in a Marvel film. And this film was special. Well deserving of the $1 billion it will soon make.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Finally got around to seeing Black Panther. I give it an 8 out of 10. Michael B. Jordan is, in my opinion, one of the best, most complex villains yet seen in a Marvel film. And this film was special. Well deserving of the $1 billion it will soon make.
Saw it today. It fits right below Deadpool, the first Avengers, and Logan for me.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Saw it today. It fits right below Deadpool, the first Avengers, and Logan for me.

I like Deadpool and liked Logan, but I put Black Panther above both. Deadpool was mindless fun but forgettable, and Logan had weight and great farewell performances from Patrick Stewart and Hugh Jackman, but it was closing the book with nothing more to look forward to. That was a bummer for me so it negatively affects my own ranking.

And that first Avengers was the benchmark for me. It would be hard for any of these films to match that one.

So are the three you mentioned your top 3 favorites?

blindzebra

Reaction score
I like Deadpool and liked Logan, but I put Black Panther above both. Deadpool was mindless fun but forgettable, and Logan had weight and great farewell performances from Patrick Stewart and Hugh Jackman, but it was closing the book with nothing more to look forward to. That was a bummer for me so it negatively affects my own ranking.

And that first Avengers was the benchmark for me. It would be hard for any of these films to match that one.

Yes. I loved Deadpool because it went there. All of the Marvel movies inject humor, but Deadpool was a superhero comedy. It is to Marvel what Shaun of the Dead was to horror.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yes. I loved Deadpool because it went there. All of the Marvel movies inject humor, but Deadpool was a superhero comedy. It is to Marvel what Shaun of the Dead was to horror.
Spiderman should've been more like that too, though Homecoming was much closer than the others.

sulu1701

Reaction score

What I didn't get about Logan was that it never really explained what happened from Futures Past to that point, because Futures Past put everything on reset

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Very true. If that's your style of humor, Deadpool certainly gives you what you want. It took years of fighting, but they finally let someone do the character justice.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What I didn't get about Logan was that it never really explained what happened from Futures Past to that point, because Futures Past put everything on reset

Those guys just didn't care. Jackman and the director just wanted to do their own thing.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle. 9/10

It has everything you want in a light, fun adventure movie. Great chemistry between the cast. Karen Gillian is going to be big time soon

Kevinicus

Reaction score
A Wrinkle in Time - Poor Oprah (and I'm no fan of hers)/10.

The Strangers: Prey at Night - Millennials...smh/10

Both absolutely terrible films. At least the latter is short. Just nothing really good to say about either. I am critical of a lot of movies, but that I think most are just mediocre or just don't grab me. These two, however, I hated. Just garbage.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
I'll spare you the finer points,and give you the Cliff note version. Mostly dog crap,and nothing memorable. Most disappointing would be the new Cloverfield flick.

Last edited:

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Tomb Raider - No time for love, Dr. Jones/10

This movie is not great by any means. However, it has a lot of positives and makes for a solid action ride. It is easily the best video game film to date. What it doesn't take directly from the game, it borrows from Indiana Jones. Vikander is good, and the film is a lot less cheesy than the trailers make it look. Not great, but solid and entertaining.

cowboyec

Reaction score
my last 3 most recent

°Dirty Harry....GREATEST COP MOVIE EVER MADE...10/10.
°Magnum Force...2nd GREATEST COP MOVIE EVER MADE...10/10.
°The Enforcer...3rd GREATEST COP MOVIE EVER MADE...10/10.

some of Eastwoods finest work.
great way to spend a vacation:thumbup: