Rate the last movie you saw

cowboyec

Reaction score
a christmas carol...1938 version with Reginald Owen as Scrooge...10/10....my second favorite film adaption.
the '51 classic w/Alastir Sim is my favorite.
But this version has the best Bob Cratchet and the best Fred...Scrooges nephew.
Gene Lockhart plays Bob...and his real-life wife plays Mrs.Cratchet.

kristie

Reaction score
venom

6.5/10

my husband rented this. the only thing about this movie was tom hardy. he is just so good in it. I wish the movie had a better actress to play anne because michelle williams just didn't do it for me.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Just watched Rampage. If I'd paid to see this, I'd be pissed. It just might be the worst movie I've ever seen, except for a few pretty funny gags. Dwayne Johnson is turning into a fairly good actor, aside from his obvious comedic talent..........but still: 4 out of 10

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Just watched Rampage. If I'd paid to see this, I'd be pissed. It just might be the worst movie I've ever seen, except for a few pretty funny gags. Dwayne Johnson is turning into a fairly good actor, aside from his obvious comedic talent..........but still: 4 out of 10

I actually thought it was much better than I anticipated. :laugh:

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

It was better than his "Die Hard" type movie :lmao:

cowboyec

Reaction score
Scrooge...'51 classic with Alastir Sim as Scrooge....10/10.
far and away my favorite film adaption of my favorite Dickens tale.
love the feel of this movie...and Sim is brilliant as Scrooge.
watch this movie atleast 5x around this time of year.

also read the Dickens story....but not this year.
I read Batman Noel....a favorite graphic novel of mine that portrays Batman as Scrooge....and catwoman,super man and joker as the three spirits....Batman is jaded and gets visited by the ghost of Jason Todd...and the story unfolds from there.
Bob Cratchet is down on his luck and does a favor for the joker.
GREAT story and the art work in stunningly beautiful.

kskboys

Reaction score
Aquaman. Good flick. Pretty much what I expected. Little cheezy, but it's a comic book movie so that's to be expected. Good critters.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Aquaman. Good flick. Pretty much what I expected. Little cheezy, but it's a comic book movie so that's to be expected. Good critters.

That's good to read. It's the next one on my movie "to do list", and most reviews have been pretty favorable, and the film is performing well numbers-wise. Good for the DCEU, they needed a hit.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
This will be short and sweet:

Bumblebee - Wasn't impressed. Personal scenes with Steinfeld and BB were only real good part. Story, action, visuals, acting were otherwise lacking. Better than the last 2 TFs, worse than the first 3. The timeline is completely destroyed. They went out of their way to tie it to the others in the series while completely changing things. Makes no sense.
Aquaman - Enjoyable, but silly
Into the Spider-Verse - Enjoyable
The Mule - A very flat movie, no tension, doesn't really go anywhere.
Welcome to Marwen - Ultimately doesn't go anywhere very interesting or moving.
Mortal Engines - Kind of uneventful and unengaging. Not sure why they bothered making it.
Once Upon a Deadpool - New scenes with Fred Savage were good, the rest of the time was just waiting for it to get back to those.
Anna and the Apocalypse - Meh, not nearly as fun as it should have been. It played things too seriously.

kskboys

Reaction score
That's good to read. It's the next one on my movie "to do list", and most reviews have been pretty favorable, and the film is performing well numbers-wise. Good for the DCEU, they needed a hit.
It's the kind of movie that if you don't like it, I'd question why you saw it in the first place!!

Nothing special, but good visuals and entertaining. Kidman and Heard looked very nice in their suits.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
F8yCY1t.jpg

8.25 of 10.00

I must be honest. It was really strange seeing Jango Fett as Aquaman's dad but it was great to finally exhale. Justice League and Dawn of Justice: Batman vs Superman had eroded my faith in DC and Warner Bros in doing their characters justice (no pun intended). Wonder Woman restored a lot of my confidence but I had been dreading what would happen with Arthur Curry. Worries over.

I actually put the film a tad over WW. The character gets a lot of criticism (the 70's and 80's Superfriends crap did not do him any favors) but he is literally the King of the Seas. The movie does a very good (although not excellent) job capturing the oceans' vastness and an entire civilization that breathes in them. CGI was A+. Both Arthur's and his mother's people backstories were told well and in unison.

Nicole Kidman was an iffy choice as Arthur's mother in my opinion. I could not envision her in the role. She squashed my doubts. Personally, I would not want Amber Heard to go back as a blond in real life. The red hair suits her. Mera and Arthur's relationship was developed slowly and smartly. The actor playing Manta looks the part but I hope he becomes more menacing in future appearances. The same goes for Patrick Wilson (King Orm). William Dafoe's role as the king's vizier was really laid back. I kept hoping in the back of my mind that little Norman Osborn would have popped out and said 'Hi', lol.

Jason Momoa expanded on his JL appearance in a big way and has made the role distinctive (and hopefully exorcised the old and lame Saturday morning version of him forever) . Good for him. Plus, he rocks the orange and green suit. Who would have ever thunk that? Shoot. His outfit looked better to me than Superman's JL suit for certain.

Scratch Aquaman from my must see in-theater bucket list. I think any movies I will see in the coming month and a half will be via the old Firestick. Next up on the bucket list though will be my avatar. I wish I had a time machine and skip the wait. :( :)