Rather have Earl Thomas or Reid and Bowman?

Jenky

Reaction score
Salary wise having Reid and Bowman would probably be close to what we'd be paying Earl Thomas alone. Not to mention you aren't giving up any picks. You also fill 2 needs and get more flexibility in the draft.

Thoughts?

morasp

Reaction score
I sure would like to know what the plan is at linebacker. As far as I can tell it looks pretty thin right now. They'll probably pick up some guys on the second or third day of the draft.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Bowman. If we have a dominate D-Line our secondary will have less pressure and the safeties we have will be fine. A good safety is a plus. Our LB are slim. Losing Hitch will hurt. We don’t know how Jaylon is gonna be and injuries find every team. If one of our LB starters go down we are in trouble.

We have some descent safeties and one that was a rookie and should be better this year.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Love to hear the input of the new secondary coach.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Thoughts? Bowman actually. He would fit right in at Mike and played at a decently high level last year. ET? Played at a high level three years ago. Last two? About the same a B Jones and we hate B Jones

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Salary wise having Reid and Bowman would probably be close to what we'd be paying Earl Thomas alone. Not to mention you aren't giving up any picks. You also fill 2 needs and get more flexibility in the draft.

Thoughts?

I'd love the idea. And they just freed up $8.5 million.

But sadly, there hasn't been any word of interest in either guy.

Why? I don't know.

conner01

Reaction score
Bowman. If we have a dominate D-Line our secondary will have less pressure and the safeties we have will be fine. A good safety is a plus. Our LB are slim. Losing Hitch will hurt. We don’t know how Jaylon is gonna be and injuries find every team. If one of our LB starters go down we are in trouble.

We have some descent safeties and one that was a rookie and should be better this year.
Bowman seems the right fit. We need a mike, he is still a very good one, doesn’t cost any picks and brings some leadership
Reid doesn’t do much for me. More of a box safety
ET is a fine player but way to expensive in terms of picks and then having to sign him to an extension
Bowman seems to me to be the perfect fit

John813

Reaction score
Have they shown any interest in Reid or Bowman this offseason?

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/03/30/raiders-mailbag-whats-the-delay-with-navorro-bowman/

After playing 10 games with the Raiders last season, Bowman remains an unrestricted free agent. Whatever interest there has been in his services has been under the radar. Bowman said at the end of the season he was open to returning, and the Raiders are on record as wanting him back.
McKenzie has a figure in mind, and he’s not going to stray much from it. Bowman is waiting to see if someone still sees him as an every down player and will pay him that way.

FWIW

Jipper

Reaction score
reid and bowman....easy, two guys at two positions of need for the same money....do that in a heartbeat

Sandyf

Reaction score
Reed and Bowman, two cheaper options, lets you go into the draft and maybe find the guys to replace them as soon as next year, doesn't hurt the team in future years if Thomas got the contract he wants. Also we have some big contracts that are going to be doled out the next three years, don't need a guy going into his 30s with a huge contract.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Gun to my head?
Bowman, since we're not going to trade up for Roquan or Edmunds, and because I don't want LVE or Rashaan at #19 or even in the 1st rd. Bowman doesn't have the range or speed he once had but the dude is still really good as a run stopping/gap shooting MLB.

Don't want Earl unless it's a for 4th rd. or later pick and he's not demanding more than $10M APY (fat chance). Let John Schneider deal with that malcontent.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It would make too much sense to bring in two guys for the price of one. Then again the both may have no interest in coming here.

I think it's more about getting paid than it is interest. This is a business after all. And the Cowboys money is as green as everyone's else's.

I've done some research and it seems like the biggest reason that guys like Bowman and Tre Boston haven't signed anywhere yet is that their asking prices are too high.

If that's the case, I don't see where either player's leverage will increase when hundreds of new players enter the league in the draft.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've done some research and it seems like the biggest reason that guys like Bowman and Tre Boston haven't signed anywhere yet is that their asking prices are too high.

If that's the case, I don't see where either player's leverage will increase when hundreds of new players enter the league in the draft.
There is the correct answer.