Rather have Earl Thomas or Reid and Bowman?

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
I think it's more about getting paid than it is interest. This is a business after all. And the Cowboys money is as green as everyone's else's.

I've done some research and it seems like the biggest reason that guys like Bowman and Tre Boston haven't signed anywhere yet is that their asking prices are too high.

If that's the case, I don't see where either player's leverage will increase when hundreds of new players enter the league in the draft.
Good point

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Salary wise having Reid and Bowman would probably be close to what we'd be paying Earl Thomas alone. Not to mention you aren't giving up any picks. You also fill 2 needs and get more flexibility in the draft.

Thoughts?
I rather have Boston and Bowman. Fills 2 spots of need and both would cost less then Earl plus we keep our draft picks

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Thoughts? Bowman actually. He would fit right in at Mike and played at a decently high level last year. ET? Played at a high level three years ago. Last two? About the same a B Jones and we hate B Jones
What are you talking about? Earl Thomas a 2nd team all pro. You cant just throw things out there just because you dont want dallas to trde for him. Atleast be honest and just say it. But dont try and say he wasnt at a high level. he broke his leg in 2016.

ET was all pro 1st or 2nd team in every yr of his career except 2016.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Medical reports coming out about Vander Esch. Apparently, he has a bad neck.

Yeah there is no consensus on that.

Sounds like his stock has shot up so high that teams are floating out rumors.

The Titans canceled their draft visit with him because they think he is gone before their 1st round pick so I think this is just teams trying to play some chess.

rags747

Reaction score
Bowman = Yes, Reed = I thought we all decided NO long ago!

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Salary wise having Reid and Bowman would probably be close to what we'd be paying Earl Thomas alone. Not to mention you aren't giving up any picks. You also fill 2 needs and get more flexibility in the draft.

Thoughts?

I'd rather draft Reid's brother - the smart one who went to Stanford. Bowman is another familiar name whose best days are behind him.

blueblood70

Reaction score

Thoughts?
im waiting until after the draft to make these speculations of what we need or want..but ET seems to be a consensus given his contract demands and age , giving up the draft picks and money to get him, its just not worth it..

I find it curious he seems to want to finish his career in TX , preferably Dallas in front of his home UT crowd BUT hes not willing to concede the break the bank restructure in money he wants? if he wants to be here , prove it, tell the cowboys hell take fair money and a contract that favors the cowboys with incentives etc hell have to earn and have insurance should he break down and fall off the age vs injury cliff.. hes high risk we cant afford right now..

So if after the draft we still need a S or LB go get one or both of them, that Dez miney is there to use IF the draft doesn't get who we want early for S or LB..

Vaccaro is a safety net pun intended.. if we simply need a Vet to help bolster our backend..go get Vacarro CHEAP..

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Although the Jones family is like a broken refrigerator, they may have interest that us invested fans may not be privy.

Mobinvans

Reaction score
Want nothing to do with Reid

Ill take Thomas in a heartbeat and he wants to be a Cowboy

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Bowman. If we have a dominate D-Line our secondary will have less pressure and the safeties we have will be fine. A good safety is a plus. Our LB are slim. Losing Hitch will hurt. We don’t know how Jaylon is gonna be and injuries find every team. If one of our LB starters go down we are in trouble.

We have some descent safeties and one that was a rookie and should be better this year.

Exactly, and it'd give us a LOT less pressure to double/triple dip at LB.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
If not for teams scared of Reid due to his anthem protests, he'd have been signed a long time ago. I think he's a Top-10 safety in this league so it's fascinating to me that teams are blackballing one of the better players in this league at that position.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Why is it binary? We can have Thomas and Bowman both, the issue isn't the cap room but the price for acquiring Thomas and the contract for signing Bowman.

There are plenty of scenarios where Tremaine Edmunds drops to us at 19 or Raashan Evans drops to 50. If they don't, then pursue Bowman with the post-June 1st cap room. If there were people beating down the door for Bowman he would have signed already.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Sounds like his stock has shot up so high that teams are floating out rumors.

There is also a natural tendency for a guy to post great measurables and shoot up the boards, then fall back as the draft gets closer and teams go back through his game tape in detail. Not saying that as a knock on Vander Esch, but a lot is in play at this point.

robjay04

Reaction score
I have read we have interest in Bowman but we are likely waiting until after the draft at this point to see where our roster stands then.